linz2011 v capital one

linz2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
charges received letter one on its way only received them for one so far £480 - will keep you posted

Was that the amount you were claiming?

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 3 months later...

Hi

I had a credit card with capital one and it was sold to robinson way - I did all stages for bank charges back and eventually issued a county claim through MCOL - in the meantime Robinson way sent a letter demanding the balance in full so I CCA'd them and as yet they are not in default but I have today received a letter from cap one advising they are paying my claim in full for £664 and have paid it to Robinson way and it leaves a balance of £2.34 which they will be refunding to me???? Can they do that?

Any help as always appreciated

Can they do that?

No, you must insist that the monies are paid via cheque to yourself. Continue with your claim.

Capital One have already receive a tax rebate by selling your debt (remeber this debt was probably sold for around 10 - 20% of its value). If you have more than one creditor you can also argue that the monies should be used on a pro rata basis and capital one have no right to decide who gets your money.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi

How does this sound?

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your letter dated 26th July 2007.

Please be advised that until I received a cheque for the full amount claimed, I will be pursuing this matter.

I have written to Robinson Way requesting they forward me a copy of the Credit Agreement I have with yourselves and until such time as this is received I strongly deny any debt owed to them.

Furthermore, the default which has been registered against my name should also be removed as this was a result purely due to the charges you have added to this account.

I trust the above clarifies the matter and upon receipt of the cheque for the full amount and the removal of the default I will contact the court to advice the matter has been settled.

I look forward to hearing from you by return.

Yours faithfully

Thanks ;)

Hi

How does this sound?

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your letter dated 26th July 2007, detailing your intentions to forward a refund of unlawful charges to Robbers Way. Since Robbers Way (have yet to comply with) are in serious default of my request for a Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act, 1974) however, they have no legal right to this money.

I therefore demand that a cheque for the full amount be forwarded to my home address, in order that I may distribute the amount evenly amongst all of my creditors ;) . Please be advised that any failure to adhere to these instructions will leave me with no alternative but to pursue the matter through the courts.

In addition, I require all defaults registered against my name to be removed within the next 14 days, followed by your confirmation that this has been actioned.

Upon receipt of a cheque for the full amount, together with your written confirmation that all defaults have been removed, I will contact the court to advise that the matter has been settled.

Yours faithfully

Thanks ;)

:)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Help again composing letter this is the response I received to Pri1's fantastic letter ;-)

Please note Robinson Way are now in default of supplying the CCA so should help my defence.

Here goes

Thank you for your letter asking for a refund of your cliam by cheque instead of being reduced from the amount you still owe on your account.

As you are aware, your account with Capital One had an outstanding defaulted balance, which is due and owing to Robinson Way who now own your account. If we released funds to you without helping you to reduce your outstanding balance we would be only serving to increase your indebtedness. As a responsible lender we cannot do this. If the balance on your account is not paid, it will result in legal proceedings being issued against you and legal costs being incurred. You will be liable to meet these costs.

It is obviously in your interest for these refunds to be deducted from you outstanding balance and this is what we did for you on 26th July. Your o/s balance would then have been £2.94 but I agreed to refud this as well in order to fully settle your debt. I contacted Rob Way to action these refunds and therefore, you no longer owe any money on the account.

Any o/s queries or disputes you have with Rob Way should be dealt with separately and directly with them.

Please also note that the default is correct and will not be removed. It reflects the way you have managed your account and was not applied solely due to the fees charged to it. It also does not form a valid part of your claim before the court and therefore, you will not be able to continue with your claim based on this fact.

I trust I have clearly explained things to you and I mujst explain that we will defend the claim on the basis that we settled in full. Should the court wish to see evidence that the refunds have been made we will supply this to them and ask that the claim be struck out. I hope it does not come to the and that we find no need to take up any more valuable court time in relation to this matter.

Please please help they drive me to dispair.......:evil:

xx

See how this reads... if anyone wants to edit it, then please feel free. :)

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/2007.

I do not acknowledge any debt to Capital One or to Robinson Way. A request for my Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act, 1974) was received by Robinson Way on xx/xx/2007, which leaves them in default of a legal request for information and therefore, unable to demand/receive any payments in relation to the account until such times as they are able to locate my Consumer Credit Agreement and have it re-enforced in court.

The charges that were added to my account by yourselves were unlawful and, since you no longer have any legal interest in the account following it's sale to Robinson Way, you have no legal authority to forward any monies on to third parties.

Furthermore, since these unlawful charges made up part of the "defaulted balance" that you refer to, it renders any Default Notice legally invalid, as well as any Deed of Assignment to Robinson Way and these issues will be challenged in court, if necessary.

I am touched by your concerns as a responsible lender. However, should legal proceedings be brought against me by Robinson Way in the absence of a properly executed Consumer Credit Agreement (Consumer Credit Act, 1974), then they will be dealt with accordingly. At the moment however, I have my own concerns as to your attempts to justify payment to a company who have no legal right to this money.

Since I have no business with Robinson Way, I will not be contacting Robonson Way as you suggest. The unlawful charges were applied by yourselves and therefore, you are the company that I am re-claiming them from.

Therefore, if I do not receive a positive reponse from yourselves within the next 14 days, I will continue with my County Court claim for a full refund of these charges. I will also be requesting your company to provide a full breakdown of how these charges were arrived at, to the court.

A request for the removal of any default will be made on the grounds that it contained an incorrect balance; due to an amount of unlawful charges that were applied by yourselves beforehand.

I trust this clarifies your position and mine and look forward to a positive response, along with my cheque for the full amount owing.

Yours sincerely,

:mad:

Send by rec. delivery... keep the receipt.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I have today received a notice of defence that amount claimed has been paid - they have not responded to my last letter and merely sent a copy of theirs to the court - should I tick the wish to proceed with the claim and forward it back to the court?