advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HAMPTONS LEGAL

PO BOX 173

LEEDS

LS11 9WR

TELEPHONE 0113 394 6317

IT READS HAMPTONS LEGAL ARE THE TRADING STYLE OF LOWELL FINANCIAL LTD, registered office,

ENTERPRISE HOUSE

1 APEX VIEW

LEEDS

LS11 9BH

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Michsienna, do you know if the original debt to Cap 1 is made up of unlawful charges? I have just read through your threads but couldn;t find any info. If you send Cap 1 a SAR you would be placing the account in dispute and Lowell wouldn't be able to chase you for the money. Once you've claimed your charges back, if the balance is more than the £363, then lowell will have to leave you alone because there would be no debt. (and they'd be out of pocket:D ) If the charges are lower than the outstanding balance then it would at least reduce the debt, probably the majority of it.

Try not to worry, they like using threats to scare us into paying. I don't get scared anymore, I am empowered now, thanks to this site and it's members:D

hi there, i have one of them reclaim your bank charges for you companys doing it for me, they are still waiting for capital ones statements,

Are they keeping you totally updated? Do you know the date when they requested the info from Cap 1 and when their 40 days are up? Sorry for the questions, I don't know much about how these type of companies work:)

When I SAR'd Cap 1 I wrote to Lowell and told them the account was in dispute with Cap 1, they replied saying that they would put the account on hold, which they did. Are they aware that you are disputing the amount?

Something fishy about Hampton Legal and Lowell Financial Ltd

On the Companies House register or the ICO register is there no mention that Hamton legal/Lowell Finacial ltd have anything to do with each other trading style or not they have got to be officially recorded somewhere they are linked its got me a bit puzzled.

sparkie1723

Are they keeping you totally updated? Do you know the date when they requested the info from Cap 1 and when their 40 days are up? Sorry for the questions, I don't know much about how these type of companies work:)

When I S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d Cap 1 I wrote to Lowell and told them the account was in dispute with Cap 1, they replied saying that they would put the account on hold, which they did. Are they aware that you are disputing the amount?

yes they are very good in keeping me up to date

capital ones 40 days runs out next week.

your all gonna think im a right silly moo now, becouse i did not tell this company i have debts with them, i did this becouse i have heard that it makes no difference,its your money and if you want it back in full then so be it.

would anyone els agree with this???

have i made things worse for myself????

i did this before i had disscovered this website

I would say the only difference between using a 3rd party and claiming back yourself is that they take so much percent of your claim as payment for doing all the work. You haven't made things worse as far as I can see:)

I would suggest you send lowell a letter telling them the account is in dispute and you will not enter into any further correspondence until the matter is settled. This worked for me, they stopped phoning and writing to my hubby. In fact, he's not heard from them since, even though the charges were refunded a couple of weeks ago.

On the Companies House register or the Information Commissioners Office register is there no mention that Hamton legal/Lowell Finacial ltd have anything to do with each other trading style or not they have got to be officially recorded somewhere they are linked its got me a bit puzzled.

sparkie1723

i have on my letter from hamptons, members of, ccua civil court users association

also members of the ccta consumer credit trade association

next to there address it has company reg no, 4558936

also consumer credit licence no, 528607

yes they are very good in keeping me up to date

capital ones 40 days runs out next week.

your all gonna think im a right silly moo now, becouse i did not tell this company i have debts with them, i did this becouse i have heard that it makes no difference,its your money and if you want it back in full then so be it.

would anyone els agree with this???

Nothing silly about it hun, you have asked that company to get your money back for you, no need for them to know anything about your debts etc:)

Glad they are keeping you in the know, thats a good sign;)

I would say the only difference between using a 3rd party and claiming back yourself is that they take so much percent of your claim as payment for doing all the work. You haven't made things worse as far as I can see:)

I would suggest you send lowell a letter telling them the account is in dispute and you will not enter into any further correspondence until the matter is settled. This worked for me, they stopped phoning and writing to my hubby. In fact, he's not heard from them since, even though the charges were refunded a couple of weeks ago.

i did this with hsbc bank who had sold the debt on to a company called nco, i rang them and said im currently reclaiming my unfair bank charges from hsbc, ive not heared nothing from them since....

do you agree that even though i have debts with these banks and credit cards that i would still get my money in full, and they will not deduct the debt from it??

i did this with hsbc bank who had sold the debt on to a company called nco, i rang them and said im currently reclaiming my unfair bank charges from hsbc, ive not heared nothing from them since....

do you agree that even though i have debts with these banks and credit cards that i would still get my money in full, and they will not deduct the debt from it??

When I claimed back from Cap 1 they paid my balance then refunded me the difference via cheque. With hubby's claim they just reduced the balance. When I tried to cancel my account with them they tried all ways change my mind, they did not want me to go!! I have also claimed TWICE from Lloyds who have not closed my account (even though there's no income going in) I also have a loan and CC with Lloyds, which are up to date, and they've not tried anything dodgy. BUT, saying that, I have read on the bank threads where people have had their banks & CC companies retaliate. There doesn't seem to be a run-of-the-mill fallout, I think it just comes down to individual circumstances and whether you are up to date with your payments etc.

Ahhh, right, I get you now lol. I have just had another read of your first post and see where you're coming from.

I would think they probably would deduct the debt from any reclaimed money, as Cap 1 did with my account, and you would get any that remained. It might do us both good to have a read around the threads for more info on successful claims with DCA's and suchlike. The debt threads have grown so much over the past few months so it might take some time.

The way I see it, whether we get money back and/or have our debts reduced, the outcome will leave us financially better off. Which makes all this def worthwhile:D

one thing i would suggest/remember.

it is your money they have taken from you.

don't be 'conned' into accepting that it comes of of 'their' debt!

request payment in full & in cheque only.

"i have many debts to clear and as this my money you have unlawfully take from my account, i respectfully ask it be paid in the form of a cheque, so i may evenly distribute between my debtors."

dx100uk:D

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On the Companies House register or the Information Commissioners Office register is there no mention that Hamton legal/Lowell Finacial ltd have anything to do with each other trading style or not they have got to be officially recorded somewhere they are linked its got me a bit puzzled.

sparkie1723

Hi

Hamptons Legal aren't a Ltd company in their own right - they are just a trading name/style of Lowell Financial, i.e. in-house solicitors of the same company. Only Ltd companies have to be registered at Companies House - a company can also have as many trading names/styles as it wants.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

one thing i would suggest/remember.

it is your money they have taken from you.

don't be 'conned' into accepting that it comes of of 'their' debt!

request payment in full & in cheque only.

"i have many debts to clear and as this my money you have unlawfully take from my account, i respectfully ask it be paid in the form of a cheque, so i may evenly distribute between my debtors."

dx100uk:D

thats what im am gonna do, im sure the reclaim bank charges company will get it all for me too, at the end of the day they are gonna want paying too

morning everyone,

today ive recieved a letter in the post from SCOTCALL DEBT COLLECTING SERVICES.(acting for a book club i apparently owe £109 to) they have wrote to tell me that due to the content of the letter i had sent them scotcall will now return this account to there client, and i will here no more from scotcall regarding this matter, the account has been returned as dispute.

i will now hear direct from the client regarding this out standing amount, if i have any further queries or problems i am to contact the creditor directly.

i wonder what will happen next xx:|

another thing, is , its been over a month now,since requesting agreements after sending the cca letter and i havent recieved any agreement i take it that this is good news xx:)

Sounds like your doing really well michsienna, well done. I hope you get debt free. Like myself am sure you would rather be able to afford to take your kids out. I didnt mind paying my debts until we fell into arrears (caused by bank charges and wages getting swalled up etc) and now we seem to be going nowhere with clearing our debts! We should of been debt free nearly 2 years ago. But hopefully we are getting there now.

Anyway keep up the good work your an inspiration to us all!! :)

thank you your so very kind, i must admit i am very nervous about all im doing, but it realy does feel so good to be takeing control over it all. i wish you all the best xxxx

michsienna,

Well done for taking control, I agree it is such good feeling. It's nice also to 'get back' at the DCAs who have imtimidated and frightended and threatend you over the months/years.

Of course you are going to be nervous but believe me, as soon as you know you are in control, you won't feel like that anymore.

Whilst I am not advocating getting out of a debt which you have run up, if the creditor has not taken the appropriate action to keep you bound to a CCA (ie having a properly executed agreement) or not contacting you in the appropriate time scales, then it is their loss, may be not the best attitude to have but I have admitted to all the debts I have run up but there are a few that I know darn well I have nothing to do with and it is not up to me to prove I didn't run them up, it is the DCA's who need to prove to me I signed and agreed to a CCA to enforce a debt.

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.