Bumear Vs Barclay's

Bumear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just phoned my local court up and they tell me they are waiting for further directions from the judge who is waiting for further directions from the high court! I though the local courts were making there own minds up??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bumear,

Yes call them tomorrow - you should have heard something from them by now in response to your submission in July.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Just phoned them and they are still waiting for the judge to clear the backlog, he is in tomorrow. I asked what the likel;y hood was of this case being carried on and she told be it would more than likely be stayed. another win for the banks!! This makes me sick as its been going on since February, well before this test case cae to light!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting incresingly worried now. I have still heard nothing officially from the court as to whether my case is being stayed. My problem is that I am to be made redundant on the 28th of this month and Im worried that financially I am going to struggle until I get a new job. Does anyone have any advice on what to do if my case is stayed?

Hi Bumear,

You should speak to your Court again to find out when you can expect a response. However, I doubt it'll make any difference in the longrun. If your Court is Staying cases, that's what'll happen.

You could object to a Stay if it's made -read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post1046820

However, even with the forthcoming redundancy, it may not change the Judge's decision. It is almost unheard of for a Stay to be lifted unless the bank was taking charges out of Family or State Benefits which were paid into the a/c.

An application to have the Stay lifted will cost £35 or £65 if you want to attend and put your case - but it's NOT reclaimable like other Court Fees.

Good luck, Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Bumear,

What I would recommend (but it's only MY opinion) is that you wait and see how the OFT Test Case scenario is resolved.

I wouldn't even pay the £35 fee, because I think the Stay on your case will remain.

Slick

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the letter from my court saying they will be staying my case until early in the new year. Great news as I am now serving one months notice afetr being made redundant!