Bumear Vs Barclay's

Bumear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, not posted on here before and thought it was about time i did.

I sent off for my statements on the 21st Feb without the £10 cheque. I thought I would risk it! Luckily I received my statements on the 12th Mar, a lot sooner than I thought, especially with me not sending the £10. Although saying that, my brother received a letter from Barclays last week saying that they were sending his statements free of charge, and returned his money. Has this happened to anyone else?

I totted up the charges over the last 6 years and sent the letter asking for the money back on the 19th March. The letter has still not arrived at the bank after 9 days! I have sent parcels to Australia quicker than this!

I got back from work last night to find a letter from Barclays saying, and I quote,

"We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received from Barclays. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 20 April 2007. In the meantime blah blah blah"

Now, after speaking with Royal Mail who said my letter had not got there, do I take it that the letter has arrived or this is just a standard letter after requesting and receiving statements?

Also the 14 days from when I sent the letter is up on Monday. If I dont here from them do I send my LBA off or do I give them 14 days from the date of the letter they sent as I dont have proof/signature when they received my letter or do I just wait till i have confirmation????? Confused much!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Now, after speaking with Royal Mail who said my letter had not got there, do I take it that the letter has arrived or this is just a standard letter after requesting and receiving statements?

I would say it arrived.

Also the 14 days from when I sent the letter is up on Monday. If I dont here from them do I send my LBA off or do I give them 14 days from the date of the letter they sent as I dont have proof/signature when they received my letter or do I just wait till i have confirmation????? Confused much!

You give them 14 days (+2 for postage) from the date of your letter, not when and if they decide to respond to you.

The Royal Mail are still telling me the letter has not got there yet though!?!?!?!?! I dont want to send the 2nd leter off if they have not even received my first letter. Could it be they just didnt sign for it?

Guest Mumofthreeboys
The Royal Mail are still telling me the letter has not got there yet though!?!?!?!?! I dont want to send the 2nd leter off if they have not even received my first letter.

Then you've answered your own question.

Just phoned Barclays and asked them if they had receievd my letter. They received it last week, the 22nd. Thanks Royal Mail for being ever so reliable! Gonna draft my letter up ready to send if they dont get back to me early next week. PS, thanks mumofthreeboys for replying, I realise there is a high volume of people posting so not everyone can be answered.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, not posted on here before and thought it was about time i did.

I sent off for my statements on the 21st Feb without the £10 cheque. I thought I would risk it! Luckily I received my statements on the 12th Mar, a lot sooner than I thought, especially with me not sending the £10. Although saying that, my brother received a letter from Barclays last week saying that they were sending his statements free of charge, and returned his money. Has this happened to anyone else?

I totted up the charges over the last 6 years and sent the letter asking for the money back on the 19th March. The letter has still not arrived at the bank after 9 days! I have sent parcels to Australia quicker than this!

I got back from work last night to find a letter from Barclays saying, and I quote,

"We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received from Barclays. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 20 April 2007. In the meantime blah blah blah"

Just a little update on my case.

I sent the LBA on the 5th April. the 14 days I gave Barclays to reply is up tomorrow.

I have received another letter from Barclays today basically saying they will get back to me no later than the 21 May. No offer or anything.

So basically the answer/update they mentioned in the first letter is that they are not going to answer my letter until 21 May!

I at least expected an offer of some sorts!

Has anyone else had these letters?

Im guessing they are busy but so am I.

Do you think this would go in my favour in court?

Ahh well, they have until tomorrow morning now before I submit my claim online.

I just cant belive its taken them all this time to write two letters telling me they will get back to me!!! Surely this goes against them in court

Thanks, Im tempted to give them a ring today and ask them what's going on, but then i think, nah take there ass to court!

I just realised on the second letter they sent they "refer to there previous letter dated 22 March" It was actually dated 26th March.

They cant even get that right!

Guest Mumofthreeboys

I agree with oneofakind - unless you have an imminent court date they will not be interested in settling yet.

Yeah, your right. They will just fob me off again. I will complete the online claim and resend my list of charges to the bank and the court. Maybe then they will get a move on.

Just had a letter from Barclays offering me 1980 pounds instead of the original 2645 i claimed. Do I just go ahead with online claim now or write to the bank first rejecting the offer?

Im sending my rejection letter this morning but where do I send it? My local branch where all my other letters have gone, or the retail banking customer relations address in Leicester?