euro car parks charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was late for work this morning so i parked in a different place than normal to get to the clock machine quicker when i returned to my car at lunch to move it i had a ticket on it for £70 or £50 if i pay in 14 days or less.

Thing is the car park is always empty and is around the back of some industrial units, there are 2 signs which are pretty small and not in a noticable place i.e. placed high on walls half way across large carpark unlit and no mention of private property on entrance to car park.

The ticket says:

Parking Charge Notice

on (date) from 10:25 to 10:28

Then goes on to say i was parked in service area without a permit.

Thing is i was given 3 mins which i think totaly out of order for all the ticket issuer new i could have been going to get a pass.

Should i just pay up the £50 or is there a legal way out?

thanks i had a read through those threads and i am now going to wait for the notice to be posted to me and ask them to explain why they think i have entered into a contract with them.

Also there ticket is a bit naughty as it looks like a police one due to it having blue and white checks around the edge and a notice saying unautorised removal or interference is prohibited.

Also there ticket is a bit naughty as it looks like a police one due to it having blue and white checks around the edge and a notice saying unautorised removal or interference is prohibited.

Yeah I'd love to see them asked to try and justify that. It's blatantly put there to imply 'police'.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

• 1 year later...

They didn't even leave a notice on our car so straight to the £90 and the car according to them was there for 10 minutes £9 per minute, hardly in proportion to any loss they may have received. I called and requested photographic evidence and was supplied with a picture of our windscreen with the notice attached and our licence plate. However this picture could (and I think was) taken on the street as there is no background. This is the letter that has been sent

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated

Reference

I acknowledge receipt of your invoice requesting payment of £90. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. In order to assist you further in this matter you will need to provide the details of the driver concerned. (please provide evidence).

Furthermore, please advise on what basis you feel I have entered into any contract with you or the land owner and the exact time and duration of the alleged incident. Unless you provide evidence to substantiate your claim against me I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter.

In regards to the unpaid notice of £70.00 mentioned, this notice has not been received and can therefore not be commented upon.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me. Please note if further correspondence is required and sent from me to you as a result of your failure to comply with the above requests, this will incur a £25.00 administration fee (payable for each letter).

Regards

I have yet to receive a reply (nearly a month now) and believe me should they not supply the evidence requested and I have to send them another letter I will also be including an invoice. This is one of the smaller companies that I have had to deal with trying to extort money and I have never backed down to any of them. You have to stand up to these large companies that think they are above the law.

Hope this letter helps you in your quest, I will keep you updated as to what happens if anything.