me v NATIONWIDE @ COURT (will need help please)

janinem1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI.

i filed for charges plus interest (£900+) at my local court as Nationwide completely IGNORED all my letters etc.

I have had confirmation that they have filed an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of SERVICE and have stated they intend to defend ALL OF THE CLAIM.

They now have 28 days to file a defence.

What do I need to do to start preparing for this?

Any help and advice much appreciated.

(hopefully they may settle before and so far they have kept my account open.)

Thanks

Hiya Janine,

You might want to read up on the what to do next - 'just in case'. Although it seems probable that they will pay up, I always imagined my claim would go to court, then if/when they settled before the 28 days are up it would be a bonus.

Being prepared is half the battle one!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Read up on this link. If they don't pay up, this will be the next stage.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

hi janinem, nationwide paid up after 3 weeks of filing with mcol for me, but as kelly sayd be prepared to fill out an AQ just in case. best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

HI.

i filed for charges plus interest (£900+) at my local court as Nationwide completely IGNORED all my letters etc.

I have had confirmation that they have filed an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of SERVICE and have stated they intend to defend ALL OF THE CLAIM.

They now have 28 days to file a defence.

What do I need to do to start preparing for this?

Any help and advice much appreciated.

(hopefully they may settle before and so far they have kept my account open.)

Thanks

28/03/07 !!!!!

Hi all, progress report here!

I reported Nationwide to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) 2 weeks ago who said they had contacted Nationwide who would investigate my complaint and contact me.

I have had a letter from Nationwide today stating:

"you told us you didnt believe we should have debited the charges to your account,so you have asked us that these be refunded, even though you agreed to the t&c applicable to the account when you first opened it.

Im sorry your unhappy about the charges that were levied and i understand these are now in the process of being refunded, that being the case we consider this matter to now be resolved".

Claire Purser

YYYYIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!

This is the first letter i have had from Nationwide in MONTHS, not yet had the refund or any more communication about their court defence but it looks promising.

Will let you all know when i get my dosh back!

good luck to everyone else too.

• 4 weeks later...

HELLO

SUCCESS!!!!!

i had a reply from court saying Nationwide are going to defend their claim, BUT,

THEY PAID EVERYTHING THEY OWED, PLUS INTEREST I CHARGED, into my bank account last week.

PERSERVERE, even though they say they are going to defend, please stick with them.

THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE and GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE WHO IS CLAIMING

Congratulations + Well Done janinem1974!

U have ALL your money back

+ it has cost Nationwide extra for FOS to investigate your complaint.

Don't forget to let the Court know that Nationwide have Settled your Claim IN FULL though asap.