claiming against Lloyds

welshlady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im new here. can any one help me? ive recently sent a letter to lloyds asking for my charges to be repaid, ive sent this to my local branch, have i done the right thing. where do i go next arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi & Welcome!:)

Don't worry your local branch should pass it on to the relevant department.

Which letter did you send? Do you know how much you are claiming back?

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 2 months later...

can any one help? lloyds have put a defence in and i am awaiting a date for court hearing. i have read on this site that i need to obtain term and condition for when i opened my account. does any one know where i can obtain these from :?::?::?::?:

can any one help? lloyds have put a defence in and i am awaiting a date for court hearing. i have read on this site that i need to obtain term and condition for when i opened my account. does any one know where i can obtain these from :?::?::?::?:

We are collectiong them here

• 2 weeks later...

hi, im not sure if this letter means i should turn up in court or if i just need to send the info they ask for could you take a look

before deputy district judge roozw sitting at bradfor county court, the law courts, exchange, bradford

upon the courts own mention

it is ordered that

1. by 4.00 pm 6th july the claimant do file and serve the defendant the following further information;

a. on what dates did the defendant levy the charges complained of

b. how much were they

c. whaqt reason was given ( e.g. unauthorised overdraft)

d. was the amount charged in accordance with the defedants terms of business at the time it was charged

e. what does the claimant say a fair charge should have been

f. how does the claimant calculate that a fair charge

2. in default, this claim will be struck out .

3. on compliance this file will be considered further by a distric judge and further directions given

You don't need to attend court. Send both to the court and the SCM a schedule of charges together with this:

IN THE XXXXXXX COUNTY COURT

CLAIM NO. XXXXXXXX

BETWEEN

XXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Claimant

-and-

LLOYDS TSB BANK Plc

Defendant

Pursuant to Order by District Judge Rooz Dated xx/xx/xx

a. On what dates did the defendant levy the charges complained of?

b. How much were they?

c. What reason was give (e.g unauthorised overdraft)

Please see the attached Schedule of Charges

d. Was the amount charged in accordance with the Defendants terms of business at the time it was charged?

The Claimant is aware that each charge has been debited by the Defendant from the Claimant’s account pursuant to the terms and conditions signed by the Claimant when the account was opened.

The Claimant does not contend that the same should not have been charged; merely that the charge made should have represented the Defendant’s liquidated losses and not the fixed charges applied by the Defendant according to the terms and conditions in force at the time the charge was made.

e. What does the Claimant say a fair charge should have been?

f. How does the Claimant caculate that fair charge.

The Claimant cannot specifically reply to this request in that the amount that should have been charged cannot be specified because the Defendant has failed to reply to the Claimant’s request for a breakdown of costs incurred by the Defendant in applying charges to the Claimant’s account. The Defendant’s contentions that the charges are fair, reasonable and transparent are denied because of this material failure to disclose this information. Had the Claimant been made aware of the breakdown of each and every charge debited, the Claimant would have been able to reply to this particular request.

I, the Claimant, believe all facts stated to be true.

Signed,

Dated.

• Haha 1

is it possible to add charges? i am awaitinga court date and have been asked by the courts to send of a letter of charges. the amount has increased since i first started claiming. not sure what to do

can any one help

Yes however it will cost you £35 which you can not reclaim. Use the N244 to amend and add the charges. You could just wait and ask the bank to include the charges in your settlement or you could start a new claim on completion of this.

You can send them your schedule of charges up to the date you first filed (i.e your claim). You can't add anything on afterwards - although it might be interesting to inform the court of the further charges you are facing. Do it and see what happens :D

BTW haven't you got another thread somewhere? If so just keep using the one; don't start a new one every time you have a question. That way we can keep an eye on you and help every time you post.

If I have helped please click on the scales.

BD

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

No need to shout (take your caps lock off).

Anyway here is your form:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244_0400.pdf

I would not amend the claim to include additional charges, it will cost you £35 that is non refundable and will cause a delay of a few months. Just start again once this claim is completed.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I have an IDENTICAL order as welshlady (including deadline and judge ... see my thread). I like the letter you have included Michael Browne [post#8] - thanks for including it. My only concern is the sentence, "The Claimant cannot specifically reply to this request in that the amount that should have been charged cannot be specified because the Defendant has failed to reply to the Claimant’s request for a breakdown of costs incurred by the Defendant in applying charges to the Claimant’s account". I don't think I have ever explicitly asked for this info, though it was included in my allocation questionnaire as recommended in this thread. So is it still valid to include it, or is there some other wording I should use?