Jonnyd v Snatchwest

jonnyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm just an ordinary working geezer btw, not at all afinancial whizz, so this site is a boon - thanks to all who've contributed in one way or another - very reassuring for the likes of myself.

In fact, after mooching around a great deal on the Internet this site is the best I've found, after sending off my preliminary letter by Recorded Delivery on 9th Feb 07 to my Natwest branch. This was forwarded by them to Natwest PO Box 1000 Edinburgh EH12 1HQ, who wrote requesting a £5 fee. (I hadn't found this site at this time!). I dutifully returned one of their own cheques (seemed a bit ironic!:p ) for the amount and have received the first 52 weeks worth of copy statements last Friday.

I currently await the other 20 weeks worth and will keep the thread updated as to progress. (Thanks to Fendy BTW, for already answering some queries for me! cheers fella!)

I don't know how much I'll be claiming back yet, won't buy another car, but is better off in my pocket than a fat bankers (with a 'w', that one).

cheers,

John.:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Great starter thread Jonny. And Fendy by the way, is a girl, (lol, not a fella), no offence taken though. All our names on here can be confusing, in that you never quite know if your'e dealing with a guy or a girl, unless their name is obvious. Ive made a few gaffs myself in calling He's she, and other way around. No worries Jonny. Youve started on a very rewarding road, its a kind of warm glowing feeling inside, knowing youre on your way to payback. Stick with the programme and dont miss your deadlines. Stick with it. Do everything you say you will and dont back down. Just remember when you get your statements back and calculate your charges you then send your first letter to Mr. Stuart Higleys department at Borehamwood address asking for the charges back. Wait 14 days. Even if he replies with the usual OK Mr. Man were looking into it, will get back to you shortly, still stick with the timetable. Give him no more than 14 days from when you send that first letter, then bang out the second LBA letter, i.e. you have 14 further days to come back to me with offer to pay my money back otherwise court mate. And then when that 14 days is up. Blummin well start that court process because at that point you can add your 8% and the costs for having to file your claim, and daily interest and it makes your claim that little bit more worthwhile at that point. But do remember this. If they come back during that 28 days offering you your full amount of just charges back, you have to accept. Anyhow, keep coming back on here and we will keep you on the right path. All the best, this is just the beginning. Fendy xxxxxxxx

Ooops:o ! Sorry Fendy sweetheart, darling, lady person! No offence taken I gather...:) Gosh! you can't half type quickly as well! Thanks for the inspiring initiation rationale, I feel confident of working one up them already!

ps - I wouldn't like to be that Mr H geezer in Boreham Wood or wherever he is, his mail intray must be pretty full - I bet he's got a furrowed brow! That'll teach him when his parents told him to get a job in banking as it was a surefire thing!:p

I'm giving them until the 40 days from the cheque payment for the rest of the statements and then..........I'll keep this thread updated....

cheers,

John:)

LOL. Funny one Jonny. It also definitely helps to have a sense of humour throughout this process as it can really knock it out of you at time. That humour will get you through. As I said, no offence taken whatsoever, its a common mistake we all make. No worries. Just go get your damn money. LOL. Parents, banking jobs, ha, not for me thanks. I have a much more creative mind than stamping cheque in all day or answering money claims from angry customers. LoL. Bet hes wishing his career had taken a different path now huh. !!! Poor man. A tiny part of me almost feels a bit sorry for him. LOL.

Best of Luck Jonny. But you wont need it. You will walk it.

Fendy xxx

Just an aside - but listen to this one - (my accounts now in order and I've no money worries, that's why I'm looking forward to having the last laugh with these ba***rds!)), but;

A short time ago (5th Feb actually) when my current account had exceeded its' credit limit I got a letter from the grabbers telling me they had been unable to pay a DD to Powergen.

Let me know what you think of the tone of this letter and if any of you have had the same - it was enough on its' own to make me want to close my account, and once I've won these charges back, someone will be feeling the sharp edge of my tongue.:mad: ........and I quote;

" I have not been able to make the following payments because there are not enough funds in your account. I suggest you contact the person or organisations expecting the payment to explain why it has not been made. You should make other arrangements to pay them.

(Then quotes the company, amount (£59) etc).

We have charged your account a fee of £38 in line with our Banks Standard Charges (available upon request).

Please make sure there are enough funds in your account to cover future payments or I will have to end your arrangement with us.

Please call me as soon as possible on the above number. I am willing to discuss finding a way to help you, but I can only do this if you contact me.

yours sincerely,

(squiggle)

The Private Banking Direct Team"..........unquote.

(Didn't even have the balls to put a name here!)

Nice customer relations style, don't you think!!:rolleyes:

Jonny.

LOL. Just standard bank letter Jonny Im afraid. I used to take em personally till I realised, at the end of the day,even though we bank with them and even though in my case Im always in credit now, etc. etc. we are still just a number. The banks are run primarily for their shareholders, not their customers Im afraid. Tis sad, but its life. BTW, keep your eye out for Nattie on here. Hes Natwest staff member so is sooooooooooooo clued up on everything Natwest. Hes really helpful so Im sure your paths will cross along the way. Make use of him. Hes brill. Fendy xx

Nah....... he can't be earning that much if he's in my neck of the woods Nattie!! Then again - we could always ask!! Oy..... Johnny, you loaded or what mate??? :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Lol. Hedgey ur so brazen. Lol. And hilariously open book of course. JonnyD watch out for Hedgey, shes so cheeky, but a fantastic laugh. She will single handedly keep your spirits up throughout this fight. Let her, she revels in slagging off banks. Lol. xxxxx

Lol. Hedgey ur so brazen. Lol. And hilariously open book of course. JonnyD watch out for Hedgey, shes so cheeky, but a fantastic laugh. She will single handedly keep your spirits up throughout this fight. Let her, she revels in slagging off banks. Lol. xxxxx

If you don't ask............ you don't get! :grin: :grin: :grin: As for the banks - where should we start ...................!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Lol. lol. lol. lol. lol. OK, best funny of the night so far Hedgey. And thats without any alcohol whatsoever. Im being good girl again till Friday. Sorry Jonny. Were hijacking your thread. I will go post on my own. So sorry. Bye for now, but pop back if you need to know anything. And remember Nattie. Hes invaluable about anything Natwest. xxx

Well, good to join the club I say!:) Fendy, I realise I'm just a number, but doesn't the arrogance of the tone of that letter say it all? Just why we're all here?

Needless to say, my intial letter reclaiming my charges was sent just a few days after receiving that letter! Boy did it spark it off in me! I'd love to meet the person that drafted that template in front of their boss, and whack them several times hard across the face with a wet kipper!:mad:

That is THE, single most offensive leter I've ever received from anyone! (including my ex-wife!!):)

Nattie, great to have an 'insider' on this forum, what a gem! The Spy who came in from the cold! (as long as you're not a plant, of course!,lol!!)

You make Anthony Blunt look harmless!!

Hedgie - still on beans on toast I'm afraid, though my savings account with Snatchwest will be moved after this, to join my other meagre scraps in an offshore, registered in the I of M, with no affiliation to any major UK banking institution (don't you love the way they call themselves 'institutions').......didn't they used to put mad people in those places????

Jonny x

See Jonny, the optimistic side is at the fore front already. That sense of humour is gonna get you through this. Had a great giggle at your last post. Hedgey your right, hes a beans on toast guy, but has potential to be international jet set guy with offshore bank account. LOL. Ooooooh, well maybe after this claim. Keep the spirits up Jonny. And to be honest, letters like that one you got from Nasty West are exactly the kind of things that spur you on to the end. You want to get one over on them and make them pay for being so rude to you, so what they dont actually realise is that by being snotty to their customers, theyre actually bringing more claims upon themselves. Well done nasty west for being on a mission to get sued time after time after time. Lol. Keep posting Jonny. Your thread is building nicely for a first night poster. Lol. xxxxxx Fendy xxxx

Ha ha ha........ yep, you're definitely a northerner Jonny! I've always wanted to slap someone round the face with a wet fish (usually my hubby when he kidnaps the remote or misses the loo after a 'few')- so if you're thinking of going for it give me a shout - I'd lurrrrrve to watch!!! As for beans on toast, what (pray tell) is wrong with good old northern egg and chips? A useful little gig that can be alternated with beans on toast when cash is hiding (or it's been nicked by the bank!!)

Institutions? Banks? Mad people? Please explain the difference! (Nattie, no offense to you whatsoever, you're an absolute darling and we love you to bits!!)

Good luck Jonny, keep us posted!

Hedgey xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Nattie, only jesting m8y, think it's fab that you're here, as an insider, so to speak. Oh!....just thought though........if enough people pick up this 'charges' thing and run with it, could we potentially be doing you out of a job?.....not sure my conscience could live with that.....let me think about it.....(2 seconds later)....YEA, ...COURSE!!:)

Yeah cos then Nattie would set up his own CAB service offering to help people sue Nasty West and other equally horrible banks and he could be one man help institute (there we go with that word again relating to people being mad), and he could have one man business charging fees to help people get their fees back. He would know everything inside out so could have really invaluable little business there, so claim away. If he loses his job hes always got another very viable opening in private advice for suing banks. Go Nattie......... you would be ace at that one. And could work from home too. Wow, what could be better. Fendy xx

Nattie, just thought ........if enough people pick up this 'charges' thing and run with it, could we potentially be doing you out of a job?.....

Nah............ Nattie's way too clever for the banks anyway!! I've got a theory that he's actually the head honcho at nasty west who advises us on here 'cos he doesn't agree with the charges!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: (whoops - I'm so gonna get done for that one!!) Soz Nattie, in cheeky mode tonight xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Guest NATTIE

I think i have more to worry from within than from outside to be honest. Considering that the banks profits went up this year and indications are they are doing better this year, i think the answer is........Not a chance.

Oi, i can still read i suppose i had better say that my name is Stuart and i am from borehamwood!!

Just ordered a pair of kippers from the good old I of M!:) Will let you all know when the 'smacking' party is to take place....line up your account managers (private invites only!):) lol!!

Just as a personal favour (mate to mate like), but can I slip my hubby into the lineup please ?? (football related offences)!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***