lexmark faulty printers

CRED
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a lexmark all in one from argos in Novemebre 2006, and to cut a long story short, I am on my 3rd replacement printer, the I have asked lexmark to give me a refund, I am tired of spending ages on the phone to their call centre in India, they just keep sending replacements, any ideas of how I can insist on a refund ?

hi cred,

have you got the printer replaced each time from argos????

if so you must instist that they give you a refund, speak only to the manager.

tell them that 3 printers in as many months you WANT your money back there is a problem with the printers.

do not shout/getmad stay calm state the fact either refund or trading standards for selling faulty printers and refusing to refund.

this will work (ex shop manager)

the more people shout get mad the more i would make them wait so just keep smiling.

However, if you did not get a replacement from Argos but went to Lexmark directly you will have very likely lost your statutory rights against Argos, as the product you have now is not the one they sold you (If they can prove that it's different!)

Lexmark are unfortunately only liable under the terms of the warranty that they have given you - have a look and see what that says.

It's possible if there was no serial number etc. and they won't notice that there's been a replacement that you can go back to Argos under the Sale of Goods Act but you will have to start from scratch and offer them the chance to repair or replace.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.