Lazyeyes v Barclays Bank PLC

lazyeyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Just about to embark on my claim. I have my statements already so just need to sit down and work out the quantum.

I was just wondering if anyone has or if anyone knows of anyone who has had their account closed as a result of Court action against Barclays. The last thing I want right now is finacial difficulties due to a bad credit rating etc..

Thanks for your advice.

Hi Lazyeyes

Some people have had their accounts closed, although the majority of people don't have them closed. It is advisable to open a parachute account in case they do.

Having said that banks are not supposed to be able to close your account i9f it is on dispute and if they do this you need to get in touch with the Debt Collections Agency for advice. (Or so I have read!)

Hope this helps. Any futher questions feel free to ask

Good luck

Teach 57

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I haven't yet got round to making a claim yet but due to the increased media interest this week thought I'd better make a start.

Anyway, I noticed that due to the OFT report and likely cover up by the banks the 6 year limitation may not apply.

I am one of those sad people who has kepted his statements since the day he opened a bank account! I therefore have the info to go back years.

Has anyone tried this yet or is trying, and is it worth a go or is too risky in case the whole claim could be rejected? Any info gratefully received!

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi Again

Still haven't managed to put my claim in having been bogged down with my wedding and then the whole OFT test case etc but noticed that some Courts are still processing claims.

I think my local County Court is Bow in London.

Does anyone know if they are still processing claims?

Thanks!

I was wondering if there was anyone here who has made a successful settled claim against Barclays who would be willing to copy me a set of their papers just so that I can get the gist of how to do it properly? I obviously won't copy them I just want to make sure I get all the correct paper work sent to the court etc.

Why do you think I'm called Lazy lol!

Thank you again!

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

Yes I'm too lazy and still haven't sorted out my claim! However I was wondering if it is still worth giving it a go considering the OFT case.

Can anyone tell what to do or if there is a thread that explains all?

Thanks

Hi Lazy,

If yours is a personal (and not a business) a/c, the advice is to get your claim underway asap to avoid losing some of the older charges and to start earning interest on the claim while the OFT case issues are resolved. The case will be Stayed but you'll be in the queue.

Send Prelim Letter with SOC (Schedule of Charges) to bank, LBA then file at court.

Wait 14 days only after Prelim and LBA

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)