• Tweets

• Wrong as usual Jugg    Did Michael Cohen Commit Perjury In The Trump Trial? WWW.ZEROHEDGE.COM ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero Michael Cohen. He still has one day of cross examination ahead of him on Thursday. With the government resting after Cohen’s cross examination, I believe that an honest judge would have no alternative but to grant a motion for a directed verdict and end the case before it goes to the jury. Judge Juan Merchan will now have to give the full measure of his commitment to the rule of law. Given the failure to support the elements of any crime or even to establish the falsity of recording payments as legal expenses, this trial seemed to stumble through the motions of a trial. Michael Cohen was only the final proof of a raw political exercise. For critics, some of Cohen’s answers appear clearly false or misleading. Like their star witness, the prosecutors have shown that they simply do not take the law very seriously when there is an advantage to be taken.
    • So to sum up. 1.  You & your friend did the right thing on 28 December and are in the right legally. 2.  You are in the early stages of the threatening letter cycle.  We've seen these letters quite literally over 10,000 times.  For the moment your friend has nothing to worry about. 3.  No-one will turn up at your friend's door. 4.  If months down the line this got to court, you would win.  It's blatant disability discrimination.  Some time back I looked through the results of Excel v Caggers court cases, well we won 85% of the time, and you would be 100& certain to win. But this is the bit that you won't like ... 5.  Excel don't care that they are legally in the wrong.  They want your money.  They will go on and on with their letters hoping you'll give in. 6.  They are also the most litigious of the private parking companies and it's perfectly possible, months hence, that they will take your friend to court.  You have to be prepared for this.  They would lose.  But they don't care about the losses since, sadly, presumably so many people are afraid of court and so give in and pay.  7.  We will of course support you all the way!
    • Hi, Just updating that I'll be submitting the SJPN shortly this evening electronically.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS max claim amount,**won**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

i am desperately after some help and advice if you can give it to me, i am currently trying to claim back nearly 4500 pounds worth of charges, i have been using martins money saving website which i am sure you all know about! i have gotten to the stage of going to the small claims court then i read on the moneyclaim website that i need an english or welsh address for the papers to be delivered to, now the Address i have for the RBS customer relations dept is in Edinburgh, but i see some of you have a couple of thousand pounds worth of charges you have gotten back but martins website says max claim for scotland is 750 pounds? can anyone clarify his for me and if i can use the money claim website for the total sum of money i am after?

i would greatly appreciate anyones experience and advice!

kelly

well i suppose the leading question here is where do you live?

if its an english a/c then no prob

if its a scottish a/c then max £750

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I am in scotland but going to use mcol with an english addy through Londonpresence.com fo £20.00 pre month who will forward all mail up to my scottish addy and the court i am going to use is in Carlisle just inside the english border so if i have to go to court it wont be as far to travel and is miles away from Halifax/bos head office har har har court addy is

Courts Of Justice

Earl Street

Carlisle

Cumbria

CA1 1DJ

hope this has been some help

i am in the forces, so when i opened up the account it was in scotland, i am in england now but the branch was one in scotland and i never changed it, god dammit! i could swear i am so mad, can i make multiple pleas for 750???

I believe it doesn't matter where THEIR address is only where YOUR address is.

The contact addresses are in the contacts thread at the top of the RBS forum. I believe the address to file against is the registered address.

All of this should be explained in the guidance notes forum. Have a read through. If I recall there is plenty of information about scottish claims there and in the FAQ forum.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

As T4ff says, its based on your address not theirs.

You can file on MCOL then it will get transfered a County Court near you.

So no worries about a £750 limit.

Any way you should stick to this site, its far better then MSE in my opinion and the advice and help here is much better.

Are you following me :D

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Any way you should stick to this site, its far better then MSE in my opinion and the advice and help here is much better.

Have to say I agree. No help around if things go wrong.

There is (IMO) a few issues and incorrect statements in their advice on how to make a claim.

thanks for your help everyone, i spoke to the helpdesk at moneyclaim and they put me through to a legal service who put me in touch with the financial ombudsman who are writing to the bank to find out why rbs are ignoring me so i have to wait now to hear from the bank, and what they say from the financial ombudsman, problem is MCOl specify that you need an english address or welsh but RBS has their main office in Edinburgh, but the ombudsman saod thats not a problem, but now they have gotten officially involved and they say i have significant cause for complaint. so i have to wait again now, thanks for your help.

ok have been reading through some previous rbs claim threads, now my bank as i have said is located in scotland, and for me to commence court proceedings i need an english address can i just send it to my local branch (which my account is NOT at) just so they have an address? and if i am seeking help through the financial ombudsman should i wait and see what happens with them or go ahead with court proceedings regardless?

ok thats lovely, just checked the MCOL website and cut and pasted this :

Money Claim Online is suitable if:

spacer.gif

icon_dot.gif Your claim is for a fixed amount of money (no more than £99,999.99)

icon_dot.gif Your claim is against no more than 2 defendants

icon_dot.gif You have an address in England or Wales where documents can be delivered

icon_dot.gif All defendants have an address in England or Wales where documents can be delivered

icon_dot.gif You have an e-mail address

i assume RBS is the defendant and their address is in scotland. thats why i asked if i could just have the documents sent to another branch address in England.

In the top posts in RBS forums is a Contact List, there are a number of RBS addresses to pick from there.

• Haha 1

OP has pm'd me and now has RBS Litigation address, but for the un-initiated it's -

RBS Litigation

1 Princes Street

London

EC2R 8PB

With regards to your account being held in a Scottish branch....you could request it be moved to one more local.

But that matters not, as posted previously, you live in England and now have an English address to serve a claim.

The limits for the English system are -

upto £5k (not including sec69 interest) - Small Claims Track

£5k t £15k (again, not including sec69 interest) - Fast Track

+£15k or special situations - Multi Track

If you are claiming interest other than sec69 then this gets counted from the outset (sec69 is awarded at the discretion of the courts) and can affect your Allocation.

So basically if your £4.5k claim includes any Contractual Interest, or you are only claiming sec69, then you will be in Small Claims. If you intend to add CI to the £4.5k then you will be looking at Fast Track...

Hope that helps

• Haha 1

I am claiming against the RBOS and went onto the small calims to make my claim as I have an english address. You get to a stage that you have to fill in the defendents name and address (RBOS) and it states it must be a English or Welsh address. I had to stop there as the bank I am claiming against is in scotland. Can I use the London address I saw in this thread to send my claim to?

am probably being dumb, as a uninitiated which is fine;) what is the 69 thing and contractual? i assume you mean thye amount they charge me for the honour of having an account with them, yeah i whacked that in two, i didnt know at the time when they charged 70 quid a pop at times i was paying 12 for the benefit of allowing the corporate **** to rip me off whilst taking me for every penny they could, sorry just ranting!!! on the statements it just says charges, not which charges they are. but i can work out the amount thats not a problem, so i have to courses of action sit it out and let the financial ombudsmen do some running for me, or running after a train i am having problems seeing let alone catching!

thanks all your brill:p

kel

Sec69 and Contractual are two types of interest you can claim.

Section 69 of the County Courts Act provides a 'statutory' 8% interest, daily, from the date of the cause of action (i.e the charge being applied). This is the bog-standard rate we have all been claiming and is applied after judgement, at the discretion of the court (not heard of anyone NOT getting it tho?)

Contractual rate (or CI) is the rate the bank charges you for borrowing. This is divided into two schools - The Authorised and Unauthorised.

Authorised is the rate at which the bank lends you money in an authorised overdraft, about 16.8% for RBS. Unauthorised is...well you can probably guess that it's the rate they apply when you go over-limit, and its around 29.8% I believe.

There are a couple of threads that go into this in depth, but the basis of claiming CI is the principle of 'mutuality and reciprocity' which means, in a nutshell, 'I will do unto you as you have done unto me.'

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!!!!

THE bank finally wrote to me, i was going for 4500 and i forgot to addmy account fee which totalled neraly 800 pounds and they have offered me 3658!~!!! i am taking it, i am so chuffed this is all over now! so all in all i think i did ok, i would like to take this oppuirtunity to thank TAff aka hydra for all your serioulsy useful gen, i would like to thank my wonderful boyfriend who unfortunately couldnt be with us today, and of course consumer action group for you thoroughly usable website with oodles of good info, and last but not least martins money saving tips, as its not as useful as this site, it did get me started on the right path and pushed me in this direction.

(takes a bow)

thank you, thank you!!!

hop0e your all well thought i would let you know my good news!:razz:

i would like to take this oppuirtunity to thank TAff aka hydra for all your serioulsy useful gen

Hmm...it has backfired! Think I'm taking this out of my sign now :D

Serious congrats though I'm a little confused.....you say you forgot to add account charges @ 800 does that mean that you are looking to reclaim nearly £5300 and are going to accept £3500?

Whilst this isn't my money and the final decision is up to you, I would strongly advise you to have a long thing about accepting this as you are entitled to your full money back, what's the point in missing out on £1800? Ok you are at MCOL stage which means you would have to file a claim so I guess that that is a decision you have to make but even without these account charges you are giving up a grand!

And in addition to this, if you were to file your claim for £4500, as they have not settled in full, you would be entitled to add 8% interest to your claim which I would imagine inflates your payout by quite a bit?

no, it would have been 4500 minus 800 so to be honest i didnt have to use small claims court, i told them for a quick settlement i would have taken 4000, i never thought i could get this back so to be honest i think anything is a bonus i guess i am not as blood thirsty as you! ha ha:rolleyes: i should have has a claim worth 3700 as i agreed to pay charges of 12 a month and i didnt calculate that into my maths but hey ho, so to me i got it all back, i am very pleased, once i have moved the money out of rbs account i will be terminating all my business with them, and i have a new account with hsbc and i am going to be as clean as a whistle! i have learnt my lesson master!

lol

:razz:

in that case well done :D