Barclays new reply or standard procedure now?

jheesom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I send my letters off to reclaim the paid referal fees and have just received this letter in reply:

`I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you as soon as possible.

May I take this opportunity to explain that whilst we endeavour to respond to you within timescale outlined in your letter, we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Sometimes it does tak longer to fully investigate a complaint. However we do aim to find a solution within 4 weeks. If we are not able to do so,we will always write to you explaining what is happening. A full report or an update on our progress will be sent to you within eight weeks.`

Does this letter mean they are attempting to fob me off and is it time to sent the court action reply? Looking through everyones claim it seems partial or full refund was acheived however this is all I have received - What should I do now?Any ideas?? Thanks for any replies in advance

Thankyou for the response! When I reply to this there is a section that requires the name of the court that will rule in my favour - Silly question but where would I find this out? Thanks

same response I had Ive sent my LBA today.

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26.01.07

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Settlement 14.05.07 (£2270)

Iv just recieved the same letter today and i've asked the same question, the threads i have read got a settlement offer, looks like they are trying our patience. Are you going straight for court action or sending them a letter telling them to expect court action? My thread is titles funkmaster vs Barclays.

letter before action just give them another 14 days..... in template section.

im no expert by the way!! just at about same stage as you....

AD

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26.01.07

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Settlement 14.05.07 (£2270)

It's a standard reply which they hope will keep you off their backs. Pay NO ATTENTION, and stick to your 14 day timetable. They just sent me a copy of the same letter, when I dared to ask for sixty quid in charges back. So now I've sent my prelim letter with 6 years worth of claim; TWELVE HUNDRED QUID! They get 14 days, I send LBA, they get another 14 days, then the claim will be issued.

Don't expect them to give in until the very last moment.

read some of the other threads in the meantime.

Best of luck,

David.

I received the exact letter yesterday together with a 'What to do if you want to complain' leaflet. Obviously a stalling technique - after all they are only offering an 'update' on the progress within eight weeks!

Sending my LBA today!

I got the same letter, so I went with my timescale sent LBA letter. They returned with an offer of £645 for a £1260 claim, cheeky gits.

I have now filed with courts, issued 5th march and served 8th march, just wanting for barclays to acknowledge. Which they have to do by 22nd march.

madhosue5:)

• 2 weeks later...

Received my response 26/03/07 from Barclay's following the Letter Before Action I had sent the previous Wednesday. My charges were only a small amount(£250) however I felt it necessary to attempt in having them reimbursed anyway!They sent a reply disagreeing with my claim and imposed charges but finalised the letter with an offer of £200 as a goodwill gesture!It stated that the offer was final and was not in any way admitting liability.I was happy to accept the offer as it was money I had 'lost' over 5 years ago anyway!

The whole process has taken just over a month and could not have done it without the helpful advice from all on consumeractiongroup!Thanks!