Cheesenpickle V Barclays Bank

cheesenpickle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well here goes, sent of SAR yesterday to Barclays lets hope they are not backwards in coming forwards. They were quick enough to steal money from me when i was struggling and on my uppers so lets see if they are so quick to pay it back. (I CAN ONLY HOPE).

I have not used this account for about the last year as i was fed up with all the charges.

But can only guestimate that there is a lot to claim back.

any advice gratefully recieved as i am fairly new at this. I have taken the time to read teh faqs

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

claim with capital one for £987 for two accounts, preliminary sent 02/04/07

still waiting for full statements for husbands capital one.

gemoney sar sent on 03/03/07. on 3 accounts. cheque cashed.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

Posted this before but it doesn't seem to have come up?

Anyway, welcome CnP, just spend your time reading people's threads...especially the 'Settled/Won' ones as they give hope that this will end up in your favour :)

P.S. It's best not to use language such as 'steal'...they have 'unlawfully' charged you :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thanks crash.

have been reading successful claims. which is what gave me hope of maybe winning my case, of funds UNLAWFULLY taken from my account. hope i win could do with the cash............ nice of them to look after it for me. suppose could think of it like a savings account that i did not know i was running.......

p.s i apologise for using the word steal, as you rightly said this was the wrong term to use as this is a high standing bank in our community and they would never steal from their long term customers :rolleyes:

claim with woolwich for £1895. offer recieved for £1412 . rejection letter sent on 05/04/07.

barclays bank sar sent on 03/03/07. had response and cheque returned, but still no statements.

monument sar sent 03/03/07. phone call from monument to say they are dealing with my request.

:D

Crash

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Just Watched Whistle Blower, And Barclays Do Not Have A Leg To Stand On.... Roll On Justice For Customers

hey i just got back £4200 off the [Edit] and tomorrow i am going in to close my account after watching that eye opener.

plus they owe me another £150 in charges since january.which i will ask the bank manager for tomorrow just before i withdraw my money and close my account.

good luck with yours.:lol:

hi cnp, i am new to this site too and have been deciding whether to start the process of claiming my charges against barclays.After watching whistle blower tonight i am def going through with it.I am a single mum & every month i struggle to pay the bills,after 6 years of lots of charges i think they owe me a fortune.requesting statements tomorrow.

good luck with your claim.

I sent a letter to Barclays Bank to reclaim bank charges of £1035 at the end of Feb and recieved the usual reply (from what I have been reading) that they cannot get back to me within my time frame and may take up to 8 weeks. Do I proceed with the second letter now or wait until they do contact me?

• 3 weeks later...

finally the statements have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww Cheesenpickle you sent your SAR ten days after mine and I still havent got them! They did say because my account is closed it takes a lot longer to find it......... bet it is filed in an old cabinet labelled 'ripped her off well and truly!' Good luck with your claim !

The Moderators on here insist that we follow our own timetable and so I would proceed using your deadlines and not theirs. Perhaps you could telephone them to see what is happening.

Good luck GIZ :) You should start your own thread and then you will get lots of advice from people who have been through it before us.

Follow Your Time Scales Hun, They Are Just Trying To Buy Thenselves Some Time . You Go Get Um

• 2 weeks later...

Well Preliminary Was Send 14th April. And I Have Recieved A Response From Barclays Saying They Are Looking Into My Claim And I Will Hear Within Four Weeks.

Well Dont Think So, They Will Hear From My By The Latest 30th With My Lba.

i intend to go for it all the way, this is my first account with barclays and i am awaiting statements for second account which is a much larger sum.

• 1 month later...

Paid In Full For This Account, Was Only A Small Claim, But All The Same They Backed Down I Did Not Even File For Court.

Now On To My Next Claim With Barclays Which Is For A Larger Sum. Good Luck All

Thanks All, This Is My Second Successful Claim In The Last Few Weeks. So It Just Goes To Show That It Is Worth Pursueing. Ihave 4 More Ongoing

Congrats!! Well done, and good luck with the others :)

Crash