• Tweets

• Apologies dx100uk  I did not put the answers in red  Thank you all for your patience. H
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton  Name of the Claimant ? Overdales solicitors  How many defendant's  joint or self ?  Self Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.  13 may 2024 What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? the claim is for the sum of £6163.61due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for hsbc uk bank plc. Account 4546384809766042. The defendant faild to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s 87(1)  of the consumer credit act 1974 which as not been compiled with. The dbt was legally assigned to the Claimant on 23/08/23, notice on which as been given to the defendant.  The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £117.53 the Claimant claims the sum of £6281.14. Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?   Not to my knowledge. Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  No Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?  Online but it was for a smaller amount they kept on increasing this with me asking Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  It was assigned to a debt collection agency  Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?  Yes I also made offers to pay original creditor a smaller amount but was not replied to Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  No Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant and got a less paid job I also spent some time on furlough during covid and spent some 3 months on ssp off work. What was the date of your last payment?  May 2021 Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes at the time I communicated with all my creditor's that I was running out of funds to pay the original agreements once my redundancy money ran out that was when my accounts defaulted. I then wrote to all my creditor's with pro rata offers of payments but debt collectors took over the accounts.
    • Just an update for all. I received about a letter every other week, increasing in threat levels. Then I hadn't had one for a about two weeks, then Saturday received a carbon copy of the very first letter they sent me in February. Made me laugh, rinse and repeat. 
    • So, your response was not received by the SCP as you did not send it with a valid stamp. Therefore, from my two option in post #14, the first option is the only one available to you, but you do not have the option of asking to be sentenced at the fixed penalty level as the reason the SCP did not receive your response was down to you. Here's a reminder of what to do: Respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box state that you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. This is a tried and tested method to deal with your problem and is almost always successful. Before the pandemic it was necessary to attend court to do this "deal" because it needs the agreement of the police prosecutor.. During the pandemic courts made every effort to have as few  people as possible attend and they began doing this deal under the "Single Justice" procedure without the defendant's attendance. Some courts have carried this procedure on whilst others have reverted to a personal attendance being necessary. If you are required to attend, your case will be taken out of the SJ procedure and you will be given a date for a hearing in the normal Magistrates' Court. If that is the way they do it in the area involved you will have to attend, see the prosecutor and offer your "deal" in person. 
    • what device are you using? copy all the questions then come here to this thread and paste them. then answer each question click on red give answers here. when done  hit submit reply bottom right.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lady H v Lloyds TSB

Dotty111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had issues with TSB for some time but have left this on the sideline for a while as have been dealing with MBNA and Monument. But now TSB are taking the "P" Briefly have had account with them for 20 years + all ok until about 8 months ago when i went back to work after maternity leave. Had a DD set up for nursery fees. First few months went ok but then for some reason TSB started paying DD twice now this DD is for over £600 so for 3 months I was overdrawn and other DD/SO were being returned. It was their fault but they refused to repay the charges incurred due to THEIR errors. Anyway this went on for couple of months and in the end my whole salary was taken up in charges. I opened another account and had all my DD/SO transfered to this account. Now I have a loan with TSB so this DD was also transfered. Had letter a couple of days ago from new bank to say TSB had not been collecting DD. Checked TSB account and ALL DDs had been cancelled but TSB are still collecting loan DD from account which I have closed(or had notified that I wanted closing). As a result this account is over £800 O/D and when I spoke to them they said tough will carry on collecting. Can they do this ? I have now started the ball rolling to claim back all charges but I haven't got a clue what to do about the loan they are refusing to collect payments from my new account I cant manually pay as they will still collect from old account. Any advice or input would be great as although I have spoken to them about it I now need to put it in writing.

Mrs H

Well have tried ringing Lloyds TSB again and getting through to their Indian call centre. This time they wouldn't put me through to branch so think it will have to be a very strong letter. This "closed" account is getting more and more overdrawn and I can't see how they can justify their actions. It is not as though I am refusing to make the loan repayments I set up a DD with my new bank but they are refusing to collect. Think they are digging a deeper hole for themselves. Will just have to continue now with my claim for charges which are increasing by the day. Am at a loss as to what to do about the loan situation but will update as and if there is any progress. Any input on this would be great, has this happened to anyone else?

Mrs H

I would collect all the information on the DD from the TSB account ie agreement number, and try to find out the sort code and account number the loan is paid to.

It might be that it goes to a general TSB sort code and account number and all you need to make payments is your individual account number for the loan.

Then you can set up a standing order from your new bank account where you're in control of the payments rather than the bank.

Hi wildheart83.

Have already tried that I have all my loan account details from internet banking and already have a DD set up with my new bank. Luckely it was set up for a couple of days after my origional payments were coming out of TSB account. TSB know that I have another DD set up but as I say they are refusing to collect the money from my new account. Each month I have had to cancel the payment from my new bank account because TSB are taking the money out of the account that I requested to be closed. There is no money in this account and as a result this account is now nearly £1,000 O/D this is made up of loan payments and of course costs. What they are doing is stupid they have an account with a large O/D due to their actions not mine when they could be taking the money from my new account the loan would still be getting paid and hence no O/D on the "closed " account. I can't understand their mentality and it is so frustrating. Am now thinking of getting a loan to pay off the remainder of this loan with TSB and claim back my charges and am tempted to tell them to go and whistle for the loan money they have taken out of this account.

Mrs H

I know this is probably a silly question but when you try to cancel the DD on the TSB account what does it say?

I know you can cancel almost every DD through Internet Banking, but that some are restricted.

As far as I can remember (I used to work for TSB) the bank are in breach of the DD guarantee if they refuse to collect the DD from the account that you've requested but I would double check as things may have changed.

If you have copies of letters to the bank requesting that they cancel the DD and take the payment from the new account, which they haven't done then you can take action against them.

Dont know if this is relevent but I have a select loan with lloyds. A provision of this loan is that it is repaid from a Lloyds Selcet account ONLY and not from another account elsewhere. Still sounds like they are being right ar*es

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

I know this is probably a silly question but when you try to cancel the DD on the TSB account what does it say?

I know you can cancel almost every DD through Internet Banking, but that some are restricted.

As far as I can remember (I used to work for TSB) the bank are in breach of the DD guarantee if they refuse to collect the DD from the account that you've requested but I would double check as things may have changed.

If you have copies of letters to the bank requesting that they cancel the DD and take the payment from the new account, which they haven't done then you can take action against them.

i cancelled my DD on internet banking and when i checked yesterday it is still showing no DD/SO from the account. Also when the DD was initially cancelled I got a letter from them saying "we note that you have cancelled your loansdirect DD etc" Thanks for the info regarding the DD guarantee i will check this and put it to them looks like I will have to call into my branch though as like pulling teeth with those people at Indian call centre.

Mrs H

Dont know if this is relevent but I have a select loan with lloyds. A provision of this loan is that it is repaid from a Lloyds Selcet account ONLY and not from another account elsewhere. Still sounds like they are being right ar*es

skb

Hi SKB you'r right they are being ar*es. I haven't checked this but surely I would (should) have been made aware of this when I took out the loan!!

The problem is now the account is so overdrawn only because of their actions that even if i pay the loan amount in each month then it will only get eaten up with charges. I am gong to compose a letter to them pointing out all of this so thanks for all the advice. Crap letter writer though so will post it before i send it any input would be most most welcome

once again thanks all

Mrs H

Take a screen print of your internet banking screen showing the direct debit list (and showing that the dd isn't there) and also take the letter stating that you've cancelled the DD and also a screen shot of the new account showing the DD being there and take it to the branch.

They might try to fob you off saying its loansdirect who are at fault but they have all the contact info needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Well have been so busy with MBNA and Monument that have let this one slip a bit but I am now back with avengance.

Loan situation is still the same so I am ready to do a really strong letter to them pointing out that they are the idiots and not me

Current account although I "closed" this when I opened my new account it is still O/D because of the above. Printed off statements from internet a few months ago but they only go back 2 years (about £600 charges so far) so am going to send them a full S.A.R for my banking history (don't want them to get away with a single charge)

Also have 2 credit cards with them which I have had for some time and I know that there must be loads of charges on them so will do a S.A.R. on both of them. I have been getting pestered by telephone on both these cards as they are on reduced payments for the time being some days getting up to 8 calls on each card so will be sending harassment letter me thinks.

The Platinum card is the worse so I have already sent in a CCA request the 12 days are due up on Friday 13th April (could be an unlucky day for them)and i have sent a CCA request on the other card today so fingers crossed. Will keep you updated think this is going to be a long journey!!!

Mrs H

Well just to update on my platinum Visa Card. On the final day Friday 13th April I received a letter from Lloyds saying that they had received my request and would deal with it ASAP. Later on that day another envelope arrived which was hand delivered no letter or compliments slip inside just my "agreement". Well I think that I know the answer but I would appreciate your input as to whether you think this conforms to an "agreement" (sorry can't san document as in work and have no facility)

Headed "Application Form/Agreement

Top right hand courner "signed on behalf of bank" No signature just a date stamp saying "recd 11th April 2007" me thinks a disguise to cover up the fact that it had not been signed but it was crystal clear it had not.

Next line "Account Number" a number had been inserted which was not my account number then it had been crossed out and at the top of the form indiferent pen and different hand witten my account number had been written in.

The rest of the form was just my personal details andone interesting thin is that the part where my date of birth had been written in had been crossed out after the form had been copied. I can tell this because it had been tipexed then gone over in black marke and then scribbled over again in biro??

Finally at the bottom a box withmy signature in stating"consumer credit act etc" and underneath a statement saying details of cancellation to follow etc.

No interest rate no credit limit no terms or conditions no statement of account included. What do you think?

Mrs H

Does anyone have any thoughts on the "agreement" that I have been sent. I have not been able to scan it as yet but will try to asap. There are no prescribed terms on the form it basically looks like an application for the card. Even the T & Cs they sent with it do not contain anything regarding interest rates payments etc. Want to be sure before I write back to them though so any input would be most welcome

xx

Mrs H

Well after having a good read around the site I din't believe that the document that they have sent me is a "true copy of my origional agreement" It is not signed by them and it contains absolutley none of the prescribed terms interest rate credit etc. IMHOwhat they have sent me is nothing more than an application form. I have therefore written to them to point this out. The clock is still ticking their 12+2+30 days run out on 13th May although they are already in default so no further payments to them.

Mrs H