Bank of Scotland - OFFER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to briefely update you with regards to my progress with getting all my bank charges back. Bank of Scotland ignored my two letters requesting my money back so following all the information given to my everyone in CAG I lodged my small claims with my local Sheriff Court. Guess what........? Yep, Bank of Scotland phoned me and tried to offer me a sum of money so I rightfully didn't respond and put the phone down on them!!! I then received a letter offering me half of my bank charges back so long as I accept within 14 days and accept full liability. They called it a 'gesture of goodwill'.......... HARDLY!!!!! I have ignored the letter and have no intentions of accepting their offer unless it's for the whole amount!

I am assuming the bank got in touch with me because they received correspondance from the court, however, I have not received anything back from the court considering that I lodged the claim approximately 3 weeks ago. Do I have anything to worry about and should I get in touch with the court?

Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Regards

Scott

Hi, Scott.

Three claims I've made, I have had the papers back from the court within a few days. You should give them a ring, or maybe they are just very busy.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You could phone the court and ask them how far your case has got.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Many thanks maroondevo52 and sea-sidelady, your advice is useful. I will most certainly get in touch with the court if I don't hear anything over the next few days.

I'm beginning to wonder if the BofS is only just getting around to replying to my letters sent over a month ago and nothing to do with them receiving notification from the court!

Anyway, fingers crossed and I will keep the site posted of any new developments.

Regards

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I got in touch with the court last week because I hadn't heard anything in a month. In a nutshell the court held onto my small claim papers for a month because a word that was written as "to" should have read "from". If I tell you how furious I was that it took them a whole month to let me know!!! My claim papers have been sent again so I await in anticipation. The offer from Bank of Scotland of half my money back as a 'gesture of goodwill' and without admission of liability to resolve my complaint is still active. I had previously stated that I had 14 days in which to accept the offer but this was not the case and in actual fact there is no deadline and the 14 days is the length of time BofS would endeavour to have the money in my account should I accept their offer!

Kindest regards to you all

Scott

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone

I am seriously looking for some advice. My first small claim of £750 has been accepted and BofS have since written to me to advice that it is not in their best interests to go to court and will therefore pay-up as per the small claim.

I am, however, quite alarmed that I have been told by the court that the Sheriff may not accept a second small claim for the other half of my money because it is based on the same facts as the original claim. The court advised that it's up to me to try a second claim but I may lose my £39 if the Sheriff doesn't accept it!!!

I have since written to BofS asking them for the full amount otherwise I will proceed with a second claim. I just wonder if the Banks know this little loophole and are taking advantage of it!

I would be most grateful for any advice that can be offered in respect of making a second claim because I would hate to now lose the remainder of my money which is reghtfully mines!

Thanks again

Scott

Hi, Scott.

Go through the Financial Ombudsman Service, BOS are still due me £5,000 and that's the route i'm going.The complaint form's a doddle to fill in and you have all the info they need to get your cash for you. Have a look at their website.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi andromeda411

Yes, I live in Scotland. I decided against the summary cause route because the advice was that this route was far more risky than small claims. Also, I was not aware that I couldn't make a second claim for the other portion of my money!

Regards

Scott

Hi Scott

Many thanks for the advice. I will most certainly look at their website, is that where I get the form to complete and what are the chances of me getting my money via this route?

Regards

Scott

FOS is the route I'm gonna take!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Scott. In a similar situation to yourself, living Scotland, illegal penaty charges over small claims limit. Here's a link to FOS Financial Ombudsman Service. I phoned them and the consultant was very nice and helpful. He said he would take on my situation now that I have received the rejection letter from BoS. He said it would take some time but would be worth it. Good luck.

Thanks for that Dusary and Kennythecelt, you have been very helpful and I feel better knowing that I will get my money back.

I have now downloaded the necessary form for FOS so fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Scott

No problem Scott. It might be worth your while giving them a call also. Sound them out about your own case. The consultant was of the opinion that they should have paid me by now. You will also be able to gleam an impression of their success rates!!!

However, I think you might need some advice from someone with more experience than me. I noticed your court path in earlier blog. I am not sure but I think if you go down that route, the FOS wont investigate as Courts are obviously up the legal pecking order. So if a decision made by court, what could FSO do about it? Maybe ask someone about delaying court action until after FSO- that might be possible but check out. I don't want to give impression I understand all of this!!! I don't. Lots of people on here with far more knowledge and experience. Please check out and ask for some advice.

Regards and best wishes. Kenny

Hi Kenny

Thanks again for the advice, it is most helpful and appreciated.

I will bare in mind all what you have said because there is no way that I am going to allow Bank of Scotland win!!!

The money belongs to me and i;m going to get it all back!:)

Kindest regards as always

Scott

Hi, Scott.

Best wishes with your claim, I posted my stuff of to FOS on tuesday, I'll keep you posted when I get a reply.

Regards.

Scott.

Scott, I've down loaded the FOS form, too in preparation for HBoS(tords) ignoring my LBA which they received on May 30th. They have 7 days to respond (Friday, June 7th I think!).

Keep us informed of how you proceed.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I reeceived some more statements today - Jan 96 - Jan 2001 (I have the 2001 - 2007 ones already) for one account. That account was opened in 1993.

P'raps the remainder will arrive tomorrow!

And then the ones for the other account!

Keep it up guys!

• 6 months later...

Hi, Scott. Welcome back.

Have a read of this.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/107550-oft-test-claim-what.html

Things could roll on and on, with appeals and so on.

Get your claims in asap.

Also have a look at this.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/110547-urgent-all-mcol-claims.html

Regards.

Scott.