Lifeline V Halifax- Confused!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I didn't know you had sent the non-compliance letter because you had started yet another thread. It is difficult to follow if you keep starting new threads.

You take them to court to comply with your SAR.

If they don't do that then you'll never know how much you are claiming so I don't see how it will prolong anything.

You've sent them letters telling them you will take them to court. If you have no intention of taking them to court then why bother sending them a letter saying you will?

You may have been rather nonchalant when they were taking the money from you but you have to now take things rather more seriously now that you are trying to get your money back.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt realise you could only use one thread, sorry. But in each thread I have said that I have sent off the letter of non compliance. I was trying to get advice about the actual procedure when you have taken it to court. I assure you that I am taking it very seriously But as I have said I spoke to someone at Halifax who said I would not get the statements any faster by using the court and of course I would incur a cost as well. I was just looking for anyone who's in the same position as me to give an opinion if they have had to go to court fot the statements.

Things are progressing at last. I got a letter today saying my statements are ready and waiting for me at a nearby branch. Its not a branck I ever use as its not in my town but I can pick them up. Something to do with the address they hold is not the address I now live at so I have to go in with proof of ID. Didnt get the letter till I got home from work today or I would have gone straight for them. Now Im a bit naffed off because its bank Holiday Monday so have to wait a bit longer. Still, roll on Tuesday.

At last today I have got my statements from the Halifax. BUT- what they have sent is 2 sheets of paper with a list of charges on and they are totalled at the bottom. Firstly the figure they add up to is £620 which is nowhere near what I though it would be. Secondly, at the side of each charge it just says 'DR' so Im not sure what the charge is for. Also in 2002/2003 there is a charge of £5 at the beginning of each month, again with the letters DR against them, them at the end of 2003 the charges suddenly become £30 or £28. I have 2 accounts and these £5 charges only appear on one of them. There are also a couple of £30 charges with no letters against them so again I have no idea what to put these down as on the spreadsheet.

From reading on the threads I was expecting to have to go through my statements highlighting the charges but these are just 2 sheets of printer paper with what it says are a list of '94D' charges incurred.

Does anyone know what the 94D is please?

Has anyone else beeen sent these instead of statements?

I think i will ring them tomorrow and also go into a branch and say that I want the complete list within 7 days or I will persue it through the courts. I dont want to go through the whole 40 days thing again, it took 56 days to get this far.

I think this process is to help people, rather than searching through your statements looking for the charges they are just listed on a few pages. I had mine sent to me and was advised that there is no charge and this is a simpler process for customers.

I rang them today and was told that they are now sending them out in this format to 'help people' and also because they are now being sent out free. There is no charge for these. I pointed out that I had paid for mine and would like the full information I requested. With these sheets there is nothing to say what the charges were for so its impossible to fill in the spreadsheets.

The good thing about it though is that I spoke to a lady who was really helpful and has promised to send me a complete set which should arrive within the next couple of days. She says they can send them out from the opening date of the accounts so I am going to claim further back than the 6 years.

Well, Im amazed. Today, less than 24 hours since I rang the Halifax, I recieved a full set of statements going back to the opening of my account in 1993. That was the good news! I thought I would claim back further than the 6 years but was really dissapointed to find that prior to 6 years ago I only incurred one charge.:(

One thing I am confused by though, it seems that during 2001/2002 I incurred a charge of £5 every month and always at the beginning of the month. I was never overdrawn at that time so cant understand what the charges are for as it only says 'charges as notified'

Hi 1stlifeline,

They really are making you work for everything. You may only have one pre-6 years charge, but at least the interest will be more!

I'd reing and ask them to explain the £5 regular charge- they must have some explaination on their computer system somewhere.

Keep going, now you have the statements, get your pre-lim letter out asap, including the regular £5 in 2001/2- believe me, that will make them explain what it is pretty fast.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

That's if they bothered to ask you before doing it, of course.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

it wasnt a current account, it is just a bog standard debit card account. I never had a cheque book for it and have no recollection of these £5 charges. Obviously I must have known about them at the time and find it odd I hadnt queried them.

I have checked them against the statements I got today and have noticed that on 2 occasions I had been in to the branch to complain about the charges and they reversed them. The statements show the money going back in. However the sheets they sent me with the total charges added up by themselves dont show that they were reversed. Therefore when my request for repayment is sent off tomorrow I am sending them a copy of the sheets they sent me with their total on rather than doing the spreadsheet. After all, how can they argue that its incorrect if they have added it up.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question please. I have sent off my letter requesting my charges be returned. The 14 days is nearly up so I have my LBA ready to go. I was wondering how they make you the offer, I assume it is by phone. I am at work all day so am i correct in thinking they will call in the evening or should I be ringing them with a mobile number. Its not really convenient for me to take calls at work but I dont want to miss it of they do ring to settle.

they sometimes offer by phone, but that is usually when you are at court stage, as they get into a desperate position once you file the claim and once it gets close to 28 day acknowledgement date, they sometimes send an offer letter after they have rcvd your initial letter but that offer is usually considerably less than the amount you have requested. When sending your lba i would include a telephone number that you can be contacted on incase they do want to settle early

Hi - the £5 charge you are asking about - I think I have the answer. I also had a bog standard debit card account, and the BOS started charging a 'fee' of £5 a month if the balance dropped below a certain amount in the month. I think it was either £30 or £3, can anyone else remember. I also got a list of charges and my statements and the list did agree with the statements. On the spreadsheet I put them in as 'charges as notified' as thats what the statements say. Hope this helps - Good Luck

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Thank you suzieblooz.

The strange thing is that I got my list of charges and a full set of statements, sent of my prelim letter and then yesterday I was sent another duplicate set of charges. Just like buses, you wait ages for one and then 3 come along at once:D