percy v barclays

percyarms
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right Micky court is very helpfull, I just went down and signed the forms no problem. So now they will get served on Barclays in the next 4 days or so. Cheers

PERCY

Hi all

Offer recieved this morning for £1975 as goodwill gesture etc etc. £1650 short of total inc interest. Not too sure what to do now, would be easier to take money and boy could I do with it right now but £1650 is still alot of money :confused: :confused: . Decision time I guess!! 1. 2. 3... decided, stuff em letter of rejection on its way:) .

PERCY

Please help, is this okay to sent rejecting their offer.

Your Reference Number: *******

ACCOUNT NUMBER: ********

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Jane Yellowey -Scales,

Thank you for your letter dated 02/06/07. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interest and costs on 23/05/07 and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

Alternatively, should you wish to settle my claim in full and avoid further costs (ie loss of earnings to attend court, wasted court) costs then please forward the balance of the claim to my account (£3660.22 to date) without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully,

Thank You

PERCY

Pretty much identical to the one I sent them a few weeks ago.

They just wrote back, saying they are 'sorry to hear I have a complaint, they'll treat it seriously and get back to me hopefully within four weeks....blah...blah.' We passed that stage MONTHS ago!

sometimes I wonder why I bother...

Oh yeah, £1800 quid is why I bother!

:D :D

Yeah its from the template just added a bit and wanted to make sure it was fine. Thanks for the replys. Do you think I should mention another offer much closer to the amount as I would settle for a little bit less?

The very sound of court and lawyers etc scares most people but through this site it really makes the process alot less stressfull. (My Mother in law is doing the same through a solicitor and it is going to cost her £200!!!!)

PERCY

If you can show you've been willing to come to a settlement, that will go in your favour if you ever get to court. Don't drop far from your total claim, though.

(I said I'd entertain offers over £1500 - my claim is £1800. They haven't replied.)

;)

Okay here goes, this is what I'm going to send unless anyone thinks I shouldn't!!:confused:

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Jane Yellowey –Scales (Customer Relations Advisor),

Thank you for your letter dated 02/06/07. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and Final settlement.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interest and costs on 23/05/07 and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

As you are probably aware the courts are inundated with claims at present and as such I am prepared to settle without court action. My claim to date is for £3780.22. Should you wish to settle this claim in full and avoid further costs (i.e. daily interest, loss of earnings to attend court, wasted court costs) and court proceedings then I am prepared to accept £3500 in full and final settlement. Should you accept this please credit my account within 7 days. If you do not respond within 7 days I will assume that you do not accept this and a copy of this letter will be kept together with all other correspondence as part of my evidence to be submitted to the court.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully,

What do you think???

PERCY

Yeah, the chances of them upping the bid are slim, but at least YOU are showing willingness to settle.

(Barclays reply to my rejection was '...sorry to hear you have a complaint... we'll get back to you in 4 weeks, or 8 weeks, etc.!)

:p

Skinny some get an offer some dont even if an offer is made its very often a lot less than your claim the banks will defend all court claims BUT as Trucker says will settle rather than go to court

Hi

N1 was deemed issued on 27th May which gives untill the 11th June to acknowledge. I haven't heard anything! What now? Should I ring the court? Any advice would be great.

PERCY