percy v barclays

percyarms
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Percy,

Just be aware that we have recently had cases that MCOl have said 'No we aint received jack!' and then B's to state 'OH YES THEY HAVE' and then MCOL to say 'OH, erm yeh they did actually'

Give it a couple of days, just in case they havent updated or B's have submitted late. [theyre good at that].

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

I rang the court this morning and they said that barclays hadn't replied and to fill in the bottom section of the Notice of Issue "Request for Judgemnt" and I would be awarded judgement. Should I fill it in and hope for the best or will they file an acknowledgement later, it is 3 days now as they should have replied by the 11th.

Cheers

PERCY

Hi Percy

I sent judgment in as they hadn't acknowledged but then found out that this will delay your claim. Luckily the court sent my form back and 2 days later Barclays acknowledged.

How does that work then? How can it delay your claim surely it should speed it up, they are in the wrong by not complying with the courts order to reply by the date shown. How do they get away with it!!:( :( Thanks for the reply, so you think I should hang on for a bit longer.

PERCY

Hi Percy

Someone sent me this link:

Take a look at this link to help you decide whether to enter for judgement or send a 7 day letter to them (just to give them a nudge) as sometimes entering judgement can delay your claim.

Guide To Reclaiming Bank Charges **##~~~~**##~~~~ Read This First !!

Which is why I asked the court to send my papers back.

I missed it too which is why it was sent to me - now I realise my court papers have missed off some of my text as I cut and pasted it - what a mess - hope someone can give me some advice :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Barclays acknowledged on the 11th and were suposed to enter into defence by the 24th, i think and they haven't where do i go from here as the courts have told me to fill in the judgement section of the notice of issue. How long should I give them as it has been 3 days now. HELP!!!

PERCY

Well I've waited and waited and they still have not filed a defence. What do i do now, enter into judgement by default. People on here has said that it will take longer if I do but its now been nearly 2 weeks and nothing. HELP PLEASE!!

PERCY

Contact the court, find out to be sure that they have not received anything, cos it has been known for Barclays to have entered defence and court misplacing it....

If they are sure, then go for applying for judgement

fingers crossed for you percy...

I would contact the Lit Team if you are informed that you are eligible for judgement, casually inform them that you intend to file for j'ment and do they want to consider settleing before you do so.....worth a shot

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Have spoke to Robert Saunders and he said that as they didn't file a defence then he would be looking at settling. I have e-mailed him, copied in on Dino saying that unless an offer of the full amount is made by Tuesday then I would be attending court to request judgement. Does this sound like the right course of action?

PERCY

I hate Barclays!!, now they have put in a defence 2 wks late. If i had just filed for judgement i would have got it because they thought they had filed a defence but Robert Saunders sent it to the wrong court (probation instead of county). So by me letting them know, they have now filed. Robert Saunders said he was going to settle then files a defence, the two face tw*t. Well AQ being sent out soon I think. Court clerk couldn't believe it.

PERCY

Well, what can we say to that!

You had them at your mercy there, but you waited too long. And then you gave them a way out!:eek:

I don't know for sure, but you might be able to apply to the court to throw out their defence, but they'd probably just claim they made an 'honest' mistake.

You'll still win in the end though, it'll just take longer.

;)

• 2 months later...