• Tweets

• Turn casual moments into unforgettable dates – choose the best casual dating site! Actual Girls [URL=https://matchnow.life]Super casual Dating[/URL]
    • nope  and  neither dx
    • Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
    • dispute it with whichever cra provider is now showing it. simply state the a/c is from 2015 and was defaulted (date) and should not have re appeared. probably getting ready to sell it on. dx
    • Hi Caught Shoplifting at John Lewis - Retail loss Prevention/Other shoplifting allegations. - Consumer Action Group Thanks a lot for commenting this experience of yours. I do understand this might be something that you are not willing to talk about anymore but the same exact scenario happened with me today at John Lewis. They took my name/ address/ a picture of me holding a signed banned letter. the only questions I've got are... will I be contacted by the police will this be recorded as police caution or criminal record?  I would really really appreciate if you could let me know how it went.  I am so so so ashamed of myself and am really making changes in my life I feel like I've lost myself for a period of my life but anyways it would be really great to hear back. Thanks 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might just be my 15 mins of fame that people go on about. Anyway I could sup a whole flaggon of rum, but as soon as i go in that tunnel thingy to get on the plane I sober up. Once again congrats on your win, have you got a little bit of your fight back now? I hope so;)

Benidorm in a couple of weeks, 22 woman so it should be a good do:D

Thing is I hate flying and on the news this morning it was on about that Manchester plane in flames because 2 birds flew in it's engine, scared me to death, anyway I'm still going

Great news Seahorse, romantic meal is should be, dont forget to wear your hats :D . Loving that horsey pic by the way, we have a little horsey we keep at my mums in worcestershire. Grew up with horses, love them, that is until they chuck me off, like she did at easter! Ouch! Have a great day. Sparkie (maybe hedgey shdve called me in to sort her leccie out :D )

My brain has turned to mush. Hats? Horsey pic? :???:

And getting chucked off is just their little way of saying they love ya. :D

And Hedgey... just leave the DIY to the experts. Men, I'm talking about. :lol:

Yaaaaaaaaaaay Barbados Extra Old Mountgay rum. Gorgeous.......... Well on account of my detoxy is over and Ive lost a total of 1 stone and 4 lbs. Im well happy. The weight thingy was never the intention, I was doing it in support of hubby, but hes lost a whacking two stone and is looking super slim again. Back in his 34" waist pants, so hes delirious. Guess what Im having for tea........ Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, curry. !! Cant wait. Had lovely Crunchy Nut cornflakes for brekky, Tuna salad for lunch, healthy I suppose, and curry for tea, and I might even have one glass of white wine with that. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Fendys detox is over. I feel fantastic, on cloud nine, and ready to tackle anything that nutty west or the cobblers chuck this way.......................

Enaid, planes, dont get me started. I go on them in order to get from A to B, i.e. on holiday once a year, but apart from that, I hate em. Im not a natural flyer, Im petrified beyond belief. Not of the actual planes as such, but Ive had a recurring dream about being in a plane crash since I was a kid. My first ever holiday to spain with my parents when I was 3, and been going all over ever since, and still have not managed to shake my fear of plane crashes. Its like this, I know theres more danger in getting in my car every day, but in a car crash you have a change of survival, but lets be honest, if a plane is going down, theres no coming back from that one. Names one instance when a plane has landed on water and people have survived. Never happened. ?????

See my point. If something goes wrong up there, youre a gonner, and imagine the 3-9 minute ride down from the skies knowing you are going to certain death at the end of that terrifying never ending fall. Woooahhh too much reality for me........... I would hope one would pass out way before impact. I can hope anyway................. but nope, Im not big on planes....... never have been, never will be......... but it wont stop me going on them, in order to get a very enjoyable holiday.

Its one of those things,, that fear or not, it must be faced. But I am terrified, honest.

Sparkies onward and upward with claim, hedgeys leccies back on, Seahorsey has got lovely spondoolies in his bank in order to take out the lovely Mrs Seahorse for tea, (now I personally think thats a cop out Mr. Seahorsey, you just didnt fancy cooking tonight did ya, Lol )...... and Enaid, well, at least you have lovely holiday to look forward to. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, not a bad monday after all, so far. Lol xxxx

Hi Fendy, ur garden sounds absolutely bliss, like hedgey says cant wait to see the piccies. How do you do it all....

As far as planes are concerned, i did actually have a story to tell about that too but decided not to in case it made enaid even worse! No wonder she hasnt replied, omg, come back enaid, everything will be fine. Tell it how it is Fend :D Off to pick up kiddies now and if i can get a look in on the computer later i will catch up. Have a super rest of day, enjoy the curry and wine, you sooo deserve it, am full of admiration for you. :) . Sparkie

lol fendy youre so funny! poor enaid!

my aunts the same though the siblings wont take her on a plane anymore cos theyre scared she'll have a heart attack next time she gets so wound up!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Hey archer, how was the bowling? Did you stuff the lot of them 4 year olds? :D . Only joking i spend 4 days of my week with 3 year old and wouldnt have it any other way. SH*T pay but the laffs, my god, they are classic. Love them to death my little group of Dolphins. XX

yea thanks sparky bowling was great fun! obviously i won! mom gave up after 4 turns so my eldest son took over for her(she is 74!)

gorgeous day though! hope everyones ok ,sounds like a great day all round from what ive been reading!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Morning all :D

And a big congrats to Mr & Mrs Seahorsey \o/ psssssst Mrs Seahorsey make him invest his spondoolies in your new ebay empire to give it a flying start!!

Oooooooo Fendy and Mr Fendy a big HOORAH for you new healthy look:) Bet you both feel all sparkly inside!!

Enaid can you make it 23 sexy ladies going on holiday? ( I can squeeze in ur suitcase and won't make a noise not even a whimper).

I've got so much to catch up on - on this thread alone so I'll see you in about hmmmmmmm 10 hours \o/

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Lol Lol. Morning ya happy bunch of Alpha Females, all claiming ya spondoolies back from grubby grabbing banks. Cripes Ive such admiration for us laydeeeeees on here for having the gumption to stand up and face the music, and take it to heart and dance with the likes of the big bods and Cobblers, like weve only just learned to Samba................. yaaaaaaaaaaaay or the Samba..................... although Im still waiting for mine to move up to the foxtrot........... Lol. The rate Cobblers are going I will be old and grey and maybe only up for a waltz, the length of time these claims take to settle.

Feeling in a SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER boogie kinda dancey mood today. Im at work, of course, need to earn a crust somehow, lol, but boss is still away, so the little mice will play, but only for ten mins. And just to be fair to the company, I will have ten mins less at lunchtime. There, poltical correctness gone made again. The sun was shining like a beautiful bright ball of flame this morning, throwing warmth and happiness all around the deep valley I reside in. It was beautiful. From my upstairs bedroom window I can see, from Oakies, right across to Oldfield/Stanbury/Haworth/Oxenhope/Denholme and Ogden Moor at Halifax. Tis a breathtaking sight. I stood for ages enjoying my crunchy nut nutty taking in the beautiful view from my window, ready to face another day and hopefully do battle with the Cobblers. Missed postie, had to leave earlier than he turns up so no juicy postie bottie today. But the weather sure as heck makes up for it................... tis gorgeous. Warm, sunny, clear, the reservoir that I look out over at work, is crystal, and still, like a stunning mill pond and the ducks and swans are a plenty this morning. Oooooh my, its great to be alive on days like this.

And my daughters friend (male), lead singer in the band theyre in, has a little sister. The little sister has a tortoise she got 2 years ago. Well shes bored with it, and has asked if we want it. Now being lover of all things living and animal, am very tempted to get it for the little boy. Hes been nattering for a lizard or something equally as yukky for his birthday coming up in July. And I was thinking I would much rather have a tortoise than a lizard. Cant cope with feeding live crickets to a lizard. Something inhumane about it.................. so, Im thinking, this tortoise is still only small and two years old, and called, wait for this,............. ELVIS......... so Im thinking I might take the tortoise on for my iccle boy. But not knowing the first thing about how to care for them, I need to do some research first. I want it to be loved and looked after properly and ensure it stays in peak health, so need to do my homework on it first.................

The one and only thing that bothers me is this.................... I know we would have to have warm box in garage with heat lamp for said iccle tortoise at nights and in winter, but Ive heard theyre ok wandering around you garden in summer when its warm, but have to be brought in at night. And that doesnt bother me, I know I would end up cleaning up after said Elvis tortoise, but just wanted to know. Does anybody know. Do tortoises smell ????? i.e. I know it would need cleaning out say once a week, or even twice, but does tortoise poopy smell ?? Dont want a smelly garage ???

Answers please, any tortoise keepers ?????

Enaid, you might have a friend soon. Lol Lol Lol. Elvis the tortoise...........xxxx MY LITTLE BOY WOULD GO APE............. and I would prefer it to a lizard or a snake. No snake is setting foot in my home. Ever......................... eughgghghghghggh. I thought of a fluffy bunny, but on account of the dog would chase it, and no doubt eat it, thats not really a good idea. So had to rule out bunny, and hamster, cos hamsters pong a bit............... I dont do pongs in the house.......... Lol xxxxxx

Fendy we have a tortoise called *Baby* lol and a African side necked turtle!!:)

Snatch her hand off for Elvis because they're really hard to get hold of!

Baby was my dads (who lives on a farm) she's been alive longer than me ( we estimate her to be in her 60's.

TBH depending on Elvis's breed they are completely fine without a heat lamp.Make sure your garden is well fenced though because the little story about tortoises not being able to run is a myth! Baby potters around with one of the cats sitting on her back and takes great delight playing with the hedgehogs under the hedgerow.

We fetch her in every night and she snuggles up in the suede cat igloo (purchased for the cats but never entertained by them) Also in the winter the heating in the house is enough to ensure she sleeps soundly for about 8 weeks she climbs in the igloo and sleeps for about 10 -12 weeks then just springs back to life when the sun comes out:D

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

She is a great recycler too and eats all the veggie trimmings when we have a cooked dinner - there's no special rules and most pet shops sell expensive vavariums with heat lamps and thermostats etc.But it all depends on her breed (they do have a tendancy to try and sell you expensive things you don't need)

Our African side necked turtle lives in one of those because she loves to swim but in the summer months she chases Baby around the garden nipping at her behind and then swims in her own paddling pool n basks in the sunshine.

They've never pooped in the house yet so I wouldn't worry too much about that but they do like a little sandpit to dig in.

The only thing to really be aware of is that they can live for over 200 years ( I personally think they make great pets because unlike hamsters or small animals you don't have the problem of the kiddies getting attached to then having to explain in a year or so they've gone to heaven )

Elvis will hopefully outlive you all and give you years of fun along the way;)

One problem though your doggy might try to eat the stone with legs that moves!

Morning Caz,

You certainly do have an array of animals don't you? I had tortoises when I was a kid, but mine never lived long, I suppose in those days, as they were very common and not much known about them, not many did.

Would love to squeeze you in me suitcase, but alas I have that much fancy dress gear, i only have room left for basics, sorry.

Click here: WCT_Online_Turtle_and_Tortoise_Care : WCT Online - Turtle and Tortoise Care

I've been a member of this site for years and you'll find all your answers to the research here.

There's lots of different breeds so the first thing to do is to find out exactly what sort little Elvis is (look at some of the pics they're great how they live in America) they build big ponds and rockeries for said turtles to roam:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks