• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know it'll be difficult Fendy, but try not to do too much work between now and then on it. If the file is deleted, it doesn't really go away, and just sits there waiting to be overwritten. So it MIGHT still be there but deleted, and hopefully hasn't had it's space filled with anything else.

DEFINITELY don't defragment your drive.

Here's hoping he can recover it for you.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okies, strictly no actual work on the pooter till then. Only posting on CAG and buying on e bay. Lol. Thats it. Nothing more. I will use hubby laptop if I need to send any e mails or whatever. Thanks again Seahorsey mate. I really really do appreciate it. I love CAG, such great peeps on here.................. salt of the earth stylie.......... xxxxxx

Glad your chillin! things will be fine, you can tell it's Friday more bear garden posts than usual, people getting giddy, I think i will get giddy now a salad for tea so plenty room for rumndietcoke:D

Lol Lol Lol. Im feeling happier now Enaid, now I know pooters going into pooter doctor...... and its friday, and I had red wine last night so feel human again, but back on the detox today. Only for another three days then Im done. Home and dry and back to normal................... Ooooo yaaaaaaaaaaay for the magical curry. Im having curry, first meal on Monday, Lol xxxxxxxxxxxx DONTCHA JUST LOVE FRIDAYS.

Nattie's on form tonight gang!!!!!!! Watch out............. we may need to be on the ball!!!!!! xxxxxxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Lol............ don't tell my hubby that enaid....... PLEEEEEEAAAAAAZZZZZZZZ!!!! I've told him the gas cannister won't work until it gets to at least 23 degrees........ otherwise he'd have us out there every blo*dy night!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Oo er............. hope you're not thinking of pork chops then!!! xxxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Morning peeps. Still no file, still missing, but nvm, Im ok about it. If I have to recreate every e mail I ever sent to Nutty West, then I will do it....... I can pretty much remember what each one was about. And Ive got my main files still in excel and word with the spreadsheets and actual letters Ive sent them, so I dont need to panic just yet about the missing e mails file.

Postie not been yet. Running late I think........... not that Im hoping for anything, its just interesting to see if I get any more rubbish from the Cobblers i.e. intimidating or bullying letters. Fine day in Oakies, warm and sunny but chilly breeze. Think its a sorting the garden out day again today. Got two gorgeous palm trees to plant, a good 1.6 metres high each. Nice and established, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Fendys garden looks like the med. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for summer. Morning all.

HAPPY SATURDAY......................... Fendy xxxx

morning fendy im glad to see youre in better spirits! don let the b******s get you down!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

happy saturday to you too.!:D

im off to buy wrapping paper for littlest baby shes 4 on monday! have fun ill catch up later x

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Okies, gorgeous bummed postie just been, back in his lovely tight blue pants again, ummmmmmm, botties......... speshly posties bottie, tis a fine one indeed, all pert, and tight, and utterly gorgeous, one of those botties you could just bite, like a peach, um....................... sorry, drifting a bit there, but what with his piercing blue eyes and gorgoeus bottie one cant help but drift......... um, lovely postie................................. (back to business), but nothing from court or cobblers. Didnt expect it but just thought I would post to confirm. Lol xxx

Off to enjoy some sunshine for a bit and be at one with my plants that need putting in, and nature............. ahhhhhh bliss.......... Fendy xxxxx

Hey Fendy............. still bored?! I'm just off to pick my curry up (didn't have one last night due to detox but i'm poo at detoxing on weekends so stuff it, I'm having a curry!!!!! - hedgey stamps her feet to compliment her little temper tamtrum!!!)

Seez you in a bit............ once I'm stuffed with curry!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxx :razz:

p.s. - I lurrrrrrrrve palm trees - did you get them off ebay????

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Ooooooooooooh........ I'm stuffed and uncomfy and I've had to undo my jeans cos I've eaten too much curry and I feel bloooooooooooaaaaaaated!!!!!!!! :eek:

Lovely day today though wasn't it? The sun was out, the sky was blue, the birds were singing........... and my stoopid, thoughtless hubby bought me a takeaway curry instead of buying me a new outfit, taking me to a posh restaurant, ordering champagne and gazing lovingly into my eyes and wishing me happy anniversary. It's ok though, cos EVERY DOG HAS IT'S DAY........... AND I SHALL HAVE MINE!!!! :-x

Anyways........... back to palm trees!!! Are they a good price on ebay Fend? I'll have to check it out if they're reasonable. xxxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Yeah Hedge, not bad. I got two 1.4 metre Canary Island Date palms for £14.99. Bargain. I bought from easytropicals, fab plants.......... gorgeous. I bought some lovely Cordylines last year too from a guy in Scotland, they were actually planted/raised/grown there and left out over winter to ensure they were hardy to the cold climate, and theyve lasted beautifully over the winter. Theyre both about 2.5 metres now, and utterly gorgeous..................... Theres another guy on Ebay too who sells fab, really different plants called plants4trade and he sells fabulous bay trees n stuff. I bought a lovely lollipop bay off him in october and its about 1.6 metres and looks fabulous in the conservatory all trimmed up with little fairy lights. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. I love trees and plants. Sad I know, but theres some right bargains on e bay at mo...... Fendy xx

Too right. There's some really reasonably priced eco-friendly posh handbags on eBay at the mo. :lol:

(If she thinks folk are going to pay good money for handbags made out of recycled car parts, I'll be VERY surprised. Still, I've popped some on for her to see what the reaction from the gullible will be. :D)

Shows you how the weather has changed. I once rented a cottage not far from you in

Oxenhope. It was bl**dy freezing all year round. Never mind date palms.There were icebergs floating on the reservoir 9 months of the year. The climate has deffo changed.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks