• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My missus used to work in the hospital up in Ilkley when we we courting, and I seem to remember it was always nice up there. Oh, except for the monsoons causing the river to flood. And the road up to the hospital getting blocked by snow.

Hmm. You're right. Her palms are doomed. :o

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahorsey, something suspicious going on in Oakie. Micro-climate there i think. Obvious there is alot of hot air there. ;) Only joking Fends.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi Fenders and Hedge etc. Thanks Fends for brief synopsis on my thread - i dont know how you do it ALL. I seem to be constantly busy and get nothing done, all u seem to do is achieve!!! Its very annoying you know. Hopefully things wont come to the phone conf on 5th, will be trying to keep up with you in the meantime... I'm knackered just reading about what you do!!!

And... Happy Anniversary Hedgey!! Hope the curry is not re-appearing this morning :D .

And.... Happy Birthday to ME. Well someone has to wish me happy birthday and it may as well be me :D .

Happy Sunday Everyone, lets hope the sun shines all day! Jetspark x

Sincerest Happy Birthday Sparky ?? I hope you have a lovely chilled relaxed day. Im just off to help the hubby in the garden dig up half the grass border. Were trying to level the bottom end of the garden so lots of wellies and spades and coffee involved. Lol Lol xxxxxxxxxx

And Oi, Parky and Seahorsey, I will have you know that we are a land of great contrast. In winter we get snow 3 feet deep and yes the road get blocked and yes the kids usually miss several days of school, but with this global warming thingy, our summers have been fantastic for the last four years. And we do get glorious hot sunshine, and a tan, from our own back gardens, Lol. So theres plenty sunshine here in the summer months peeps. And Ilkley, ooooo some lovely restaurants there for nice evenings out in the summer, eating pavement al fresco stylie. Tis very lush and posh in Ilkley,, and Bettys tea rooms, um, they do the most amazing pastries. Yum. Give UP, Im still on my detox, last day today. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, back to normal tomoz, although summer being here, probs plenty of salad and good stuff anyways.................. okies, off out to don wellies and help hubby dig. Hope he does most of it, on account of the ground is quite hard here at the mo, so hoping I dont put spade through my toe. Lol xxxxxx See yaz all later. Catch up this evening. Fendy xxxxxxxxxx

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYBODY, AND A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPARKY. ALL THE BEST. XXXXXXX TAKE IT EASY TODAY.

Ooooh and happy anniversary for yesterday Hedgie............... Oik, hope hubbys not in too much trouble for not making a fuss of ya. Lol xxxx Let him off Hedge, he sounds like hes a grafter, a good un, they make up for their lack of spontaneity and spoiling in lots of other ways usually. Lol xxx

See yaz peepies................xx

Ilkley sounds even nicer than it was way back then. (HELP! It's nearly 30 years ago!!!) I'm going to have to make the effort to go back sometime for a bit of nostalgia. I have seen on Google Maps' satellite photo that the hospital has been flattened. I'll bet it's all houses now. :(

Aye, Happy Anniversary Hedgey. :)

OOoooooh Enaid, I braved a shortish skirt today, lol lol, not mini, Im a bit too old for that, but deffo mid thigh ish, felt like summer had finally arrived big time, but its still cold out of the sun, weird weather............ All my trees planted, my garden looks like a beautiful mediterranean oasis, it really does. Im gonna wait a month for things to take hold and then Im gonna take some lovely picces of all my hard work and post them up here in the garden thread in the bear garden or something. Im so proud of the work Ive put in. Hubby grafted like a true trooper today,, and wait for this, I only had to ask him once to dig things in certain places, I didnt

need to repeat myself over and over and over again to get im do stuff for me.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for hubby today. His back is aching now he says, but I will pander to his whims this evening on account of he worked so hard. What a lovely day it has been,,,,,,, all garden jobs now finished,, just waiting for new turf to be delivered next Saturday (it all got badly damaged big time last year when we had the old deck built and built a conservatory so replacing the whole lot next weekend to hopefully have some lush green spongy soft fresh grass. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for fendys garden. I LOVE MEEEE GARDEN. ITS MY LITTLE OASIS............ so what you peepies all been up to day.

Seahorsey,, Ilkley is beautiful now. A really lovely little town. Lots of gorgeous restaurants, boutiques, walks, riverside fishing places, its incredibly expensive to live there though. I have friends who live there,, and you cant touch a first time buyer house there now for under £190 K. Its utter madness......... Even a two bed terrace there goes for just under 200K. Its silly silly money, and if you just want to buy outside of Ilkley by even three miles, the prices come down to a much more sensible level. Its is rather full of toffs though. Lol Lol Lol xxxxxxxxx But definitely beautiful and worth a visit. Fendy xx

Evening folks!!!! How's everyone doing? Sounds like you've all been totally busy!! Happy birthday Jetspark, hope you had a lovely day. Happy planting day fend......... it sounds fab!! Can't wait to see the piccies posted on the bear garden. Happy shorts day enaid............. my legs are still covered in jeans (forgot to shave them this mornin'!!!!!!) Happy sunday seahorse, parkie, nattie, and everybody else!!!

Phew!! Didn't rollock hubby too much............ his back was in agony bless!! And besides, we had a power cut last night (due to my over-exuberance in DIY......... think hubby's sussed out it was my fault that we were electric-less till 4pm today - but the little darling's not mentioned it- so he's now forgiven!!!!!!!!) Think I need to go on one of those DIY night courses.............. where they teach you NOT TO DRILL THROUGH THE ELECTRICS!!!!

Anthing else happening? After over 24 hours away........... I could do with a bit of goss!!! See you in a bit, lots a love, hedgey xxxxxxxxxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Oooh you happy peeps (fend talk comin out!!). My day was utterly boring for any day never mind a bl***y birthday. Spent the early morn with kids while he took climbing frame apart (sold on ebay). Yaaaaay thought i'd have to do that myself! Then eldest friend and mum and dog popped over with flowers, card and choc cake and sang happy b'day and i cried! Friend stayed for cup of tea, then left leaving eldests friend and dog. All well and good till i suggested taking dog for walk (i love a dog walk). Got to the end of road and found a dog without owner...Hmmm. Girls decided to bring him home.. Hmm ok by my even tho she was bit hairy and bit old but very sweet. Spent the day trying to contact owner with 0181 number on tag (realised that 0181 went out with the arc and converted it to this age phone number) 3 times, no answer.

Now, as much as i love dogs and all animals (especially deer :D ) i was not tooo enamoured that i mite be left with this dog overnite. Phoned police who said they pick up and take to battersea dogs home 2moro, eh i dont think so. declined offer thanks very much. Kids spent all afternoon feeding, washing and walking up and down this poor old dog (i now find out its 18 years old and shouldnt be walked ooops).

Went for a pizza cos i was bored stupid and hungry.

Got back from pizza, message on answerphone from number i rang. People havent lived there for 3 years! Phone book out to find S Thomas in area, two listed, one not at home, other not have dog. Hmmm. Get home decide to do FOUND DOG poster and pin up round area.

Set off about 6.30, first one goes on fone box at end of road, carry on into village and surrounding road. Hour and half later, get phone call from dog owner who has just seen first poster we put up :mad: . Oh well happy ending, cept my kids and friend in tears cos they loved this dog so much and they miss it, bloody hell! They family that picked him up felt bad taking him back cos he didnt seem that pleased to see him and he had been so well looked after. Poor sod probably sleep for a week now.

Turns out dog is only from about 1/4 mile away and was little kiddies fault for letting him out - Bless. Anyway alls well that ends well. Happy Birthday ME :D Sparkie

lol that sounds typical of kiddies though with animals! ive told mine they can have a dog when i get my money from natwest!

the weathers been not good today and a bit chilly,had to put fire on!:eek:

had a proper boring day too! ah well little archers birthday tomorrow and bowling ! yaaay!

fendy cant wait to see ur garden oasis!

evening all

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Happy birthday for the little archer for tomorrow, did you say she was four earlier? Is she good at bowling then?

Mine have been desperate for a dog since they were born but seeing as i grew up with a houseful of dogs then met other half with 2 dogs i am so enjoying my time without them. We do borrow on lots of occasions which is nice cos we give them back but i'm sure at some point we will succumb. Whether its before divorce or after, not sure :D . I have had little too much wine not archer so mite log off and hit the pillow. Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Sparkie

Happy birthday to sparkie, happy birthday to sparkie, happie birthday to sparrrrrrrrrrrrkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............... happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And happy birthday to archer tomorrow as well............ it's all go on here with you girls!!!! :p

Sparkie............. you so know you've gotta buy the kids a little doggie now!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

its a busy couple of days on here with anniversaries and birthdays too! yea little archer loves bowling! mom hasnt been since she was a lot younger! (shes 74!)

happy birthday to sparky and happy anniversary to you too hope you had a good one! hope the electrics ok now tho ?

im off now so everyone take care and heres to nice fat chqs in the post this wekk(i can hope cant i!?)

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Nite nite archer.............. enjoy your birthday and bowling tomorrow!!! Lol.............. I'm so poo at bowling, hope you're way better than I am!!! Have a fab day tomorrow honey, lots of love, hedgey xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Oops.............. soz archer - didn't answer your question!!! Electrics.............???????????? Well, they're on downstairs at least!!!! xxxxxxxxxx;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Cripes, I disappear for one afternoon and miss loads......... Hedgey, how come your leccy's off. What you done girl ???? Lol Lol , sorry, not funny really, but Ive had similar disaster two years ago, but it was hubby who drilled through em, and nearly got blown up into the bargain. Lol. Can laugh about it now but at the time was pretty scarey actually.

Hope your leccys back one and functional today Hedge.

Jetspark, once again,, sincerest happy birthday for yesterday, and Archers little baby one, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ARCHER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for beng 4. Oh how simple life was back then. I remember, the worst thing you had to worry about was whether your mum was gonna nick your teddy to stuff in the washer, on account of it was a bit rancid and ponged, but it was a comforting pong, lol, or if you nana had brought you candy floss back from the fair. I loved being little. Life was always good and nothing to worry about. Lol.......... hope little archers enjoys her 4th birthday.................... no postie yet this morning. So nothing to report. Of to trop meeee dowgee around the woods and pond. Back in an hour or so peepies.................... See yaz for now.

Morning Nattie, Parky, Seahorsey, Enaid, and anybody else who pops into this thread to catch up on our daily lives and gossip. I know I know, were positively off topic on this thread. But it saves us bunging up the bear garden with our idle talk. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxx

Morning wave.gif but a fleeting visit. Lots of places to go and lots of peeps to see.

Have a nice day everyone.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Morning everyone!!! Just popped in for ten mins whilst I'm skiving at work!!!

Leccies back on........... downstairs only............ just call me a walking catastrophe!!!!!

Be back later............. have a great day everyone. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

OK, you're a walking catastrophe.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather I'd called you a cab? ;)

And it IS a great day... RBS have just popped 2 grand into my account. Only 1 account left to go. I think Mrs Seahorse could do with a nice romantic meal out tonight, instead of the boring cuisine I'd intended throwing together. :D

aaawwwww seahorse thats fantastic news! congratulations!!! what a great start to the week!!! :D

u should both go off to celebrate!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Great news Seahorse, romantic meal is should be, dont forget to wear your hats :D . Loving that horsey pic by the way, we have a little horsey we keep at my mums in worcestershire. Grew up with horses, love them, that is until they chuck me off, like she did at easter! Ouch! Have a great day. Sparkie (maybe hedgey shdve called me in to sort her leccie out :D )

Another horsey fan how nice.

Seahorse can you really be romantic:p Dead chuffed for the both of you:)

I too got some good news this morning, apparantly I am exempt from NHS charges, so I will get me £189 back that me nashers cost me.That will help pay for the rum I will have to throw down my neck before I get on that plane.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks