• Tweets

• Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter. Since my last post I have received a reply from Plymouth Council Insurance Team concerning my wife’s accident (please see enclosed letter and photo of the offending Badminton post) which they deny any responsibility for the said accident. I feel that the Council is in breach of their statutory duties under the following acts: The Leisure Centre was negligent in its duty of care and therefore, in breach of the statutory duty owed under section 2 of the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (the Act) to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees, and others who might be affected by its undertaking, e.g. members of the public visiting the Leisure Centre to use the facilities. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 that requires employers to assess risks (including slip and trip risks) and, where necessary, take action to address them. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) require the risk to people’s health and safety from equipment that is used at a Leisure Centre be prevented or controlled. I would like some advice to see if my assumptions are correct and my approach to obtaining satisfactory outcome to this matter are accurate. Many thanks   PLM23000150 - Copy Correspondence.pdf post docx.docx
    • Talking to them does not reset the time limit, although they will probably tell you it does, they'd be lying. Dumbdales are the in-house sols for Lowlife, just the next desk along. If Lowlifes were corresponding with you at your current address then Dumbdales know your address. However, knowing that they are lower than a snake's belly, you would be well advised to send them a letter, informing them of your current address and nothing else. Get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, don't sign it, simply type your name. That way then they have absolutely no excuse for attempting a back door CCJ.   P.S. Best course of action, IGNORE them, until or unless you get a claim form......you won't.
    • A 'signed for' Letter of Claim has been sent today so they have 14 days from tomorrow... Lets wait and see what happens but i suspect judging by their attitude they wont reply 
    • I am extremely apprehensive about burning our files.... I do not know why, so it is becoming an endless feedback loop. Scared to pull the trigger to speak in the desire not to mess up my file. 
    • Hi All, So brief outline. I have Natwest CC debt £8k last payment i made was 7th November 2018 Not a penny since. So coming up to the 6 year mark. Can't remember when i took out the  credit card would be a few years before everythign hit the fan. Moved house 2020 - updated NatWest as I still have a current account with them. Then Lowells took over from Moorcroft and were writing to me at my current address. I did get a family member to speak to them 3 years ago regarding the debt explained although it may be in my name I didn't rack it up then went contact again. 29th may received an email from overdales saying they were now managing the debt. I have not had any letter yet which i thought is odd?  Couple of questions 1. Does my family member speaking to lowell restart statute barred clock? 2. Do you think overdales aren't writing to me because they will back door CCJ to old address even though Lowells have contacted me at current address never at previous? ( have no proof though stupidly binned all letters  ) Should I write to them and confirm my address just incase? Does this restart statute barred clock? 3. what do you think best course of action is?   Any help/advice is appreciated I am aware they may ramp up the process now due to 7th December being the 6 year mark.   Many Thanks in advance! The threads on here have been super helpful to read.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Lol. Have very severe hangover. God I was *rseholed last night. Didnt make much sense at the end. Soz peeps..........

Parky, Fanny street, I know exactly where that is, on edge of town centre, lol, and yes, weve been laughing at it for years....................... Lol. Were such children..........Im v. lucky, Bronte country is very pretty country.. The Grouse Inn is my local, all been completely renovated last year and is now beautiful inside................ completely changed and does amazing food now. Its about 1 mile from where I live.......... pretty green hills everywhere....... and soooooooooo lovely and rural. Tis a nice place,............

Soz y'all for going off on one last night. Was silly drunken lady bint. I wouldnt care, but I hadnt eaten all day. Decided to shelve the sunday dinner, cos just didnt feel like it. And decided to have 3 glasses of white vino instead on empty stomach. Never a good idea really....... Felt awful and was talking mush by 10.00pm..... Soz............. Much better now. Had cup of tea, with paracetamol for the head, and ready to face the world again today. Kids off school so will be kept busy with them on school holidays this week. Back to work tomorrow............. And still waiting for lovely postie this morning. Not been yet. No word yet from the Cobblers............ defence or otherwise. Lol. NVM, can watch posties bum walk down drive,,,,,,,,,,,,, you have to be thankful for the small things in life. Lol. xxxxx

Seahorse, what are you on.......... FANNYS BATTERS ON THE FISH. Lol. xxxxxx Ur mad mate. Mad............ And I thought I was bad. U take the biscuit my dear friend. Fend xxx

OK postie been, nice bummed one,,,,,,,,,,, oooooooh those cheeks........................ pert as a peach............ Control...........

Right, nothing from Cobblers, still no defence, but standard codswallop letter from Shabby about their charges being clear, blah blah blah blah blah. So posted in Abbey forum on that one, but claim already started on Abbey on too for 5.7K last Tuesday 26th march. Well when both these claims come to fruition I should be laughing all the way to the bank. Total for both together is £22 K. Nice little earner huh. Lol. xxx Fendy xxxx

Just 8 days left now for Cobblers to get their full defence in............... Im counting every one......... still nothing, but will just have to wait it out. Tis killing me................ Lol. The suspense, although I know they are very well known to submit at very last minute, so nothings in the bag yet. Lol. Fendy xxx

Fendy i think you are the chosen one. You will win with ease. So always remember the future will be better tomorrow. :)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

:D Fingers crossed they've forgotten to file Fends xxxxx

(I'll wish upon a star for you tonight).

Lol Parky you sound like a guru:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

:p They still haven't paid me mine yet but I've just written a 3 page essay to them because they wrote me a letter t'other day saying they will freeze all action on my account for a month until my charges claim is settled n the lil buggers have charged me £70 today and referred my account!So I've reffered them to section 13.6 of the banking code which they are quite clearly in breach of:) Ooooo power is knowledge " says the small wise one"

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Caz, Its my new image Guru Parky laughing-smiley-014.gif

Think like a woman of action, and act like a woman of thought. That sums you up i think.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Oooo I like that one! very thoughtful indeedy:)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAayyy ta for the words of wisdom Caz and Parky. Always there with a kind thought or word. It does make a difference, honest. And soz guys about my nutty ramblings last night. I was utterly drunk as a skunk......................... lol. Utterly, and I only had 3 or 4 glasses of white. Felt like poop this morning. Good job I wasnt working today I can tell you........... Feeling it today though. My own fault entirely though so no sympathy. Lol. ........... Caz, three page essay, OMG. You let them know you know where you stand Caz. Sounds like you have already....... but dont take no sh*te from the sods............. fight fire with fire........... have them running for cover........... and keep at em.

Parky, CHOSEN ONE, OMG, dont say things like that to me. You worry me................... I dont wanna be the test case binty person. I dont............... I just want my money............. and to go away and be left alone to live quietly............................in blissful anonymity....Lol. Fendy xxxx

I cant complain really. As for future being brighter tomorrow, today is yesterdays tomorrow and Im happy already. Lol. Got a lot to be happy for Parky Guru.

This little windfall will just be a nice little bonus to my happiness, but Im lucky, IM HAPPY ALREADY............ Lol.

Scarey guru man. Lol. Fendy xxxxxxxxxx

Now one for Fendy. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. action-smiley-033.gif

Fendy, Fendy, I've just gone platinum before my very eyes. sport-smiley-001.gif

Gee thanx Parky. That doesnt sound too good..........................

Like Im some nutter that is gonna get my come uppance for doing everything wrong............. H*ll........

Cripes youve made me feel like sh*te now.............. And the hangover was just beginning to subside too.

Back to feeling poopy again. WHAT DO YOU MEAN, AND STOP BEING ALL GURU-ISH AND CRYPTIC. I dont understand ya......... Fendy xx

Platinum, good for you mate. But what about me being a weird example to others........... what you mean. I dont like the sound of that.......................... Oooooh parky...... Im worried now. Fendy xx

Fendy lol I didn't hear you ramble lastnight and if I did I enjoyed it! so don't ever apologise for being you:D

Congrats to platinum Parky you fast fingered guru of wisdom:)

The best cure for a hangover is to just stay pished:D

Hmmmmmmm I'm not sure Fends guru speak goes in one ear n out the other with me....Lol I'm sure whatever it was he meant... was meant in a nice way though:D

Chill bill fendy, You are a warning to other people who do not show your grit and determination to see this to the end. You are the flag flyer for the Nat West forum.

psssssssst can we have that rack of lamb for tea tonight mean as we never got it lastnight?:D Oooooo my bellys all rumbly I better go put Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver to shame n make the best ham toastie in town \o/

Oooooh cripes. Soz Guru Parky.... I thought you meant I was numpty nuts, although I might be inclined to agree actually..............

and Caz. Kids just polished off the lamb from last nights sunday dinner for their tea............I still cant face it. Food, ugh,,,,,,,,, that hangover just wont shift............... Will have some cheese and biccies a bit later with nice cuppa...........

Thats all I can muster. Just want to sleep. Will have early night in readiness for work tomoz........ Lol. Alcohol, never again thanks.......

Oooooh cripes. Soz Guru Parky.... I thought you meant I was numpty nuts

Yes Fendy............ you so totally are honey!!!! But we luv' ya' anyway girl!!!!!!!!!

still cant face it. Food, ugh,,,,,,,,, that hangover just wont shift...............

Oooooooooohhhhh Fendy................. did I teach you nothing honey!!!!!! WE DON'T DRINK ON SUNDAY NIGHTS................ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all I can muster. Just want to sleep. Alcohol, never again thanks.......

Aaaaaahhhhh............. early night honey - nearly bo-boze time for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx :D :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Um too right Hedge.......... felt like yuk yuk all day......... been so tired.............. I just cant drink like used to.............doesnt take much now to make me p*ss potticled. NVM, early night for me. Soz about the rambling drunken lady last night. Was reading some of the posts this morning, and felt like such a wally........... I couldnt even spell right......... lol. Word of warning, no posting when one is p*ssed. Lol. Fend xxxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks