• Tweets

• Thanx Londoneill get on to it this evening having a read around these forums I can’t seem to find many success stories using your methods. So how successful are these methods or am I just buying time for him  and a ccj will be inevitable in the end. Thanks another question is, will he have to appear at court..? I am not sure he has got it in him
    • Here's a suggested modified version for consideration by the team. (Not sure whether it still gives too much away?)   RE: PCN 4xxxxx Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept, Thank you for your dubious Letter Of Claim (dated 29th April 2024) of £100 for just 2 minutes of overstay. The family rolled around on the floor in amazement of the idea you actually think they’d accept this nonsense, let alone being confused over the extra unlawful £70 you added. Shall we raise the related VAT issue with HMRC, or perhaps the custodians of the unicorn grain silos? Apart from the serious GDPR breach you’ve made with the DVLA and your complete failure in identifying the driver, we’re dumbfounded that the PCN is still not compliant with the PoFA (2012 Schedule 4 Under Section 9.2.f) even after 12 years of pathetic trial and error. We also doubt a judge would be very impressed at your bone idleness and lack of due diligence regarding parking periods. Especially with no consideration of section 13 in your own trade association's code of practice and the topological nature of the Cornish landscape versus a traditional multi-storey. And don’t even get us started on the invisible signage during the ultra busy bank holiday carnage, that is otherwise known as the random parking chaos in the several unmarked, unmanaged over-spill fields, or indeed the tedious “frustration of contract” attempting to get a data connection to Justpark.  We suggest your clients drop this extreme foolishness or get an absolute hammering in court. We are more than ready to raise the above issues and more, with a fair minded judge, who will most likely laugh your clients out in less time than it takes to capture a couple of useless ANPR photos. If you insist on continuing this stupid, money grabbing quest, after having all of the above pointed out, we will of course show this letter to the Judge and request “an unreasonable costs order” under CPR 27.14.2.g and put it toward future taxis to Harlyn Bay instead.  We all look forward to your clients' deafening silence. Signed, "Spot". (Vehicle Keeper's pet Dalmation).
    • Paying DCA's one penny, never mind £50 per month is a mugs game, they have really been milking him as a cash cow   See where received a claim form is underlined in your post, you need to click, on that and read carefully, then answer the questions, then copy and paste into a post on this thread Forget the CAB ,  their advice is sometimes weird. Is it worth defending? Lowell brought these debts for 10 p in the pound , years ago, because they are flawed. Think about it! if it was such an easy win, Capital one could have taken it to court and crushed him.  It could be an invalid agreement, default notice, or many other things. In a nutshell , yes, and we can help you.
    • Origin moved to EA App... I know this all too well.  Reach out to Customer Services I would to see what they can do. 
    • Welcome - One of the team will take a look shortly
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help Cornhill

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cornhill have cancled my car insurance after they said they sent to me a letter saying my d/d had not been payed and i had 14 days to make a payment.

I never recived such a letter but since they say they sent it ( They dont send out important letters such as this by any form of registed post although they demand all letter sent to them sould be!) and now i must pay £240 in the next 14 days as cancellation fees.

As i am unemployed this sum is way outside my means to pay

Want can i do .........

Cornhill have cancled my car insurance after they said they sent to me a ltter saying my d/d had not been payed and i had 14 days to make a payment.

I never recived such a letter but since they say they sent it ( THey dont send them by registed post although they demand all letter sent to them sould be) and now i must pay £240 in the next 14 days.

As i am unemployed this sum is way outside my means to pay

Want can i do .........

arrange insurance with the next cheapest company and get a direct debit set up. Phone Cornhill, cancel your policy with them and request proof of your no claims bonus. Leave it behind and start again.

Whether the letter was sent or not you they are not going to let you pay via this method again so if you can't afford it then you have no choice.

I very much doubt that the £240 is a cancellation fee and suspect that this is either the amount due following your direct debit default or is the amount required to pay up until the renewal of your policy.

Could you clarify this?

• Haha 1

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

as its states in the cancellation letter which states that the car insurance was canceled on 1ST Feb 2007

"As explained in the cancellation scale under the general terms and conditions of your policy, we respectfully request this payment by cheque or credit/debit card within the next fourteen days."

the terms and conditions states i must pay in full for the full term of insurance if i cancel the policy and they have the right to charge any and all premiums i have not yet paid.

this is tucked away on page 14 (the back inside cover) of the pack they send to you and is not on any of the documents you normally read as it full of information like their meaning of words, how to make a claim, tips for keeping your car safe, and how to get extra insurance for travel outside the EU

the full amount is £215.37

I have also to send in my certificate of motor insurance in order to comply with the road traffic act 1988

Assuming you are insured via Cornhill Direct then it would appear that any cancellation refund is calculated pro-rata less £50 fee (if in 1st year) or less £25 (if you have been with them greater than 12 months).

Details are in this policy book http://www.cornhilldirect.co.uk/assets/car/carpolicy.pdf on page 14.

I suspect that the amount owing is one of these charges plus whatever unpaid premium there is following the default.

arrange insurance with the next cheapest company and get a direct debit set up. Phone Cornhill, cancel your policy with them and request proof of your no claims bonus. Leave it behind and start again.

Cornhill will not release evidence of no claims bonus if there are monies owed to them. Details are on page 14, the last bullet point in General Condition 12.

Of course all of this is probably different if it wasnt through their direct arm.

Following on from comments made above, if an insurer is advising that they intend to cancel a motor policy, they MUST give written notice of this by Recorded Delivery to the last known address on file giving a minimum of 7 days. The letter giving 14 days to pay is fine however thay are not allowed to cancel unless they also send this by Recorded Delivery and MUST also state the Road Traffic Act - along the lines " Please note that it is illegal to use and/or keep a motor vehicle on the public highway without the minimum Third Party Insurance."

Contact them again and advise them the above. Ask how much is outstanding and offer to be over a reasonable time period. Should they not agree to this, ask how much the pro-rata charge is (without additional admin charges etc) and offer to pay the balance.

Even if you owe them money, they cannot withold your proof of NCB, they might say different and try to but are obliged to issue it.

If they do not see reason then ask for the name of the Motor Underwriter - who'll probably be based in Guildford - and write/speak to him.

Failing that though, write to the Insurance ombudsman, details will be in your policy booklet.

Finally, please be aware that if they have cancelled the policy, even if you still hold the certificate, they will have deleted your details from the MID so if stopped by police, they may prosecute for having no insurance. Unless you have arranged a new policy, please do not use your vehicle as you may be committing an offence.

Keep at them.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Lenny,

That's absolute rubbish on their behalf.

Ask for the name and direct telephone number of the head of either motor or personal lines underwriting. If that fails, I'll get it for you tomorrow & will PM it to you later in week.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

As Gary said - they are talking trash.

Customer Satisfaction Manager

Cornhill Direct

2530 The Quadrant

Aztec West, Almondsbury

Bristol BS32 4AW

Phone: 08705 50 60 70*

*Calls charged at National Rate

If you are with Allianz Cornhill but not through their direct arm you can use the following phone number - 01454 611785.

  Here is a copy of the letter i am planing to send to both cornhill and theInsurance ombudsman

My motor insurance policy was cancelled by Corhill Direct, after sending out letters informing me of problems with account via first class post only.

I did not receive any of the letters until 16 February when they delivered at my address bundled together with an elastic band.

I have been informed that these letters should have been sent by registered post to make sure I was aware of any problems, and to give me the time to pay or to obtain alternative cover.

The cancellation letter was also only sent by first class post the day after cancellation according to the dates on the letter, again only received on the 16 February 2007.  

breakdown of the letters recived on the 16 feb2007 all bundled together with a elestic band!

16 February 2007

In the post I received that morning was a bundle of three letters from Cornhill Direct

Letter 1 Dated 16 January 2007

This letter informed me that my Bank had rejected my Direct Debit Instalment, and it was essential that they receive payment of the outstanding amount of £23.77 within the next 14 days

If they did not receive payment within this period they would assume that I did not wish to continue with the policy and would arrange to cancel the cover provide3d 14 day from the date of this letter.

This letter was signed by Syju Anne Philip

Letter 2 Dated 01 February 2007

This letter referred to the correspondence dated 16/01/07 and they noted that they have not received the requested payment therefore I was advised that the policy has been cancelled with effect from 30.01.07

Also this letter asked me to return my certificate of motor insurance without delay.

It also states if my vehicle must not be used on a public highway until I have obtained alternative cover.

This letter is unsigned

Letter 3 Dated 01 February 2007

This letter is a confirming that the policy has been cancelled with effect 30/01/2007 and also asks for the sum of £215.37 which will be taken from my bank account by direct debit 10 working days from the date of this letter.

All three letters had been sent in a first class pre paid envelope with no post office tracking.

When I phoned the company and explained what was happing, all the call centre worker was concerned about was the recovery of the cancellation charge and was insistent that I paid by credit card now.

21 February 2007

Received another letter stating that the bank had returned my direct debit instalment of £215.37 and this amount was still outstanding and I have 14 days to pay.

This letter is singed by Dev Kumar

26 Feb. 2007

Called Cornhill again after receiving advise about the situation, which was the letter dated 16 February should have been sent via registered post, and the cancellation notices should have given me seven days to arrange cover before cancellation and also should have been sent registered post, The fist person I talked to was unable to help and keep insisting there was no telephone service to the complaints department, and also keep asking when I will be paying the outstanding amount. She eventually transferred me to another operator, who was also unable to help me so she transferred me onto another person.

This person also stated they were unable to take complaints over the telephone and I must write to them via the Insurance ombudsman

I would like them to cancell all outstanding amounts they say I owe to them due to no fault of my own as i was unable to act on any letter due to late delevery, and they can not give me any proof of postage or recipt. Also I would like themto repay my bank charges on the attempt to take £215.37 from my account. Also remove any and all default notices on my credit report

Can you give me feedback before i send

Cornhill will not release evidence of no claims bonus if there are monies owed to them. Details are on page 14, the last bullet point in General Condition 12.

Well spotted! I never have had to consider this before - I had a dispute with an insurer a couple of years back after cancelling a policy. Instead of bothering to fight about proof of no claims I just made up a no-claims letter and printed it off on my own insurance company headed letter paper (naughty I know - but I had a maximum no claims anyway)

• 2 weeks later...