Mama Bear Vs RBS

Mama Bear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quick update, sent prelim letter #2 to rbs today, but the amount has sky-rocketed from £45 to £261!!! jeez... I put a cheque in for £125 the other day, and thought - great, I can go food shopping, which means that I can eat between now and the end of the month, and WHALLOP! it all gets eaten up in charges! getting very sick of baked potato and pasta now...

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Mama, have you considered opening up a basic account elsewhere so you don't lose all your money to charges?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

this WAS my parachute account! I opened it because barclays have been [causing problems] me out of money for years, but I never knew that I could do anything about it until recently!

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Sorry yes, you did say in #3. Where's your backup parachute?! :D

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

i havent got one. i am however in the process of setting one up.

just a thought though, i was reading through the paperwork that they sent me when they settled my first claim... can they withdraw my overdraft facilities / close my account due to me claiming charges back or is that considered retaliatory?

Yes, retaliatory. Nationwide have had their wrists slapped for that. I would think they would be well within their rights to reduce your overdraft if it is out of proportion to your earnings.

If you believe your charges might be sorted soon, it might be worth holding out on another parachute account - you are credit searched for setting up bank accounts you see, so each search affects your credit rating.

oh right, didnt know that. well, i knew that it left footprints, but i didnt know that just applying for a bank account could potentially ruin my credit rating. (obviously just doing it now and again wont ruin it, but you get my point!)

the o/d shouldnt be out of proportion, its only for £1400 and as of the end of this month there'll be over £2000 a month being paid in. up til now its just been £900, but more money going in must surely be a good thing?

they were really good with my original claim, i just hope that they are as good with this one too... unlike barclays who are Sh...ocking

oh right, didnt know that. well, i knew that it left footprints, but i didnt know that just applying for a bank account could potentially ruin my credit rating. (obviously just doing it now and again wont ruin it, but you get my point!)

Ruin it is a bit extreme! Lots of searches in a short period of time can be seen as someone being desperate for money, so it can have an affect on who choses to lend to you but it won't be the end of the world but you can see where I'm coming from?

the o/d shouldnt be out of proportion, its only for £1400 and as of the end of this month there'll be over £2000 a month being paid in. up til now its just been £900, but more money going in must surely be a good thing?

Definitely.

i wonder... i have just noticed a strange correlation between my claims...

i claimed from jan - feb 07 for £258 (call it £260 for ease) and got it back on the 8th march.

SINCE the 8th march, they have charged me.... yep, £260!! so i'm filing claim # 2... just seems a bit funny. i wonder if that was their way of trying to recoup the money they paid me? even though it was mine in the first place!

update.....

charges have now increased to £309 so have sent another letter with SOC but have not extended my deadline - they still have 14 day from the original letter dated 26th march, so deadline is 9th April

ok.. have decided to start a new thread for claim #2....

how do i change the title of this thread to show **WON** ?