Aureole vs NatWest

aureole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had £182 worth of charges (three overdraft charges and a returned item) taken over the last few months. Annoyingly, this was on the account we'd set up to fund our wedding. £60 worth of charges we got struck away on the phone, leaving £122.

So we wrote to Natwest and got a "go away" letter (it was quite funny because it mentioned them being "disappointed" with the OFT's report). We sent another letter a month later threatening court action and we've had no response so ... court action it is. I was not going to bother, then I realised that sending a letter threatening court action and not following through undermines everyone else.

Just filled in a moneyclaim online service. It's pretty easy isn't it?

I'll keep people posted with how this goes.

Hi Aureole, and welcome.

The whole process is relatively straight forward as long as you stick to the templates in the library. Once your bank enters a defence and the claim is transferred to your local County Court, it can then follow a number of suits.

Next step is to read up on the allocation questionnaires so your ready when you receive yours.

The MCOL site is brilliant. So straight forward even I managed it.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

When I entered the claim, it's appeared as "Northampton County Court" - is this just where all MCOL claims go, or is it derived from my postcode (it's near me, but by no means the nearest CC).

Do I also need to send a letter to Northampton CC re: the schedule of charges as per the template library?

All Moneyclaims are dealt with at Northampton County Court.

Once a defence has been entered it will be transfered to your local County Court.

Send the letter below with a copy of your schedule of charges document.

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

(Karnevil acknowledged)

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

The schedule of charges is just a list of the charges made, yes? It's quite short in my case!

Thanks for the help. I'm hoping if the claim is quite small they'll just settle, but I'm also prepared to take it to court as needs be.

If your are claiming statutory interest at 8% make sure this is broken down in your charges document.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Interesting - the letter before action I sent asked for a reply within 7 days. This monday (14 days later) I've got a reply restating their charges but having decided to review the case, they're going to make a one-off goodwill gesture and pay back the charges.

So now I have to contact them and point out that they owe me £30 for the court charges too (I filed at moneyclaim on Friday so presumably they haven't seen this yet), but it looks like this one is nearly over.

The good news is that sometimes the letter before action _does_ work, particularly if you send it to the head office rather than the customer services.

head office only forward it in internal mail to customer services, so my advice is customer services everytime, maybe just maybe if you had sent it to borehamwood you would have been paid before you took court action, but who knows

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

The good news is that sometimes the letter before action _does_ work, particularly if you send it to the head office rather than the customer services.

head office only forward it in internal mail to customer services, so my advice is customer services everytime, maybe just maybe if you had sent it to borehamwood you would have been paid before you took court action, but who knows

does that make sense now??

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D