wescott /student loans company

jackster77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send them a letter confirming the account is in dispute (big letters!) and stating that, therefore, they cannot default the account. Also say that you will only deal with them in writing- and tell anyone who rings that this is harassment. Look at the debt collection section on this site where they have letters in template form to stop them ringing if they continue.

I think there is very little point in speaking to them by phone- some of their advisers know next to nothing other than answers they can read off a card!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

By recorded delivery, I hope!:)

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

try the templates in the "general debt" section. There isn't a perfect template for this purpose, but I tailored the template for CCA request to send to the SLC.

Hope this helps- if you need any further help or an opinion, just shout. I'm around this afternoon/evening, if it helps.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi emma

thanks for the offer of help

this is the letter I drafted after looking through some threads - alot of copying and pasting going on lol

I think its good to go will send it recorded ;) this afternoon - their deadline is this saturday

Please find enclosed a further copy of my letter dated 12/04/2007 concerning my request for a copy of the credit agreement for the above accounts

I have spoken on the telephone to one of your colleagues who claim that they never received my original Consumer Credit Act Request even though this letter included a cheque for £6 for payment for each loan account. This cheque was debited from my bank account on the 16th April 2007

In response to a letter sent dated May 15th 2007 whereby you have sent me a notice of termination and highlighted that a notice of default that had been sent to me had now expired I am writing to remind you of the following

Now that the 12 working days have expired and you have failed to provide any documents, the account is now in dispute. Whilst it remains in dispute the agreement is unenforceable. Whilst it is unenforceable, no interest can be added to the account. No action can be taken against me. No adverse credit references or defaults can be listed against me with Credit Reference Agencies. The accountcannot be passed to a Debt Collection Agency. Finally I am not obliged to make any further payments to the account. Essentially, the account is ‘held’

I would like to remind you that failure to comply with my request under Section 77 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is a criminal offence and in the event of non compliance the mater will be pursued with the relevant legal authority

power to the people lol

I also find that, if they refuse to deal with a cheque that has been cashed which they deny all knowledge of, that the following conversation can help.

"Well this cheque, which I sent to you, has been cashed. So if you didn't cash it then that's fraud. So are you going to phone the police or am I?"

My late father, who taught me the art of complaining efficiently, gave me this gem. It has worked many, many times over the years. It is one of the best.:)

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Hi emma - must remember to use that gem

got a letter from them on fri saying

we are sorry to learn that you have had a problem with your account and very much regret the circumstances hat prompted you to contact us

your letter has been passed to us for investigation once we have gathered all the details on your account we will be in touch with you regarding our findings

we trust this meets with your approval and in the meantime may we apologise for any inconvenience you have been caused

letter seems quoet apologetic and was dated 23rd may - deadline for production of cca was today :)