DPA and closed joint accounts?

daisy lighter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I apologise in advance if I posted in the wrong place. I am not a forum regular or very literate in this field, however this site is excellent and I have learnt a lot.

In N.I and I have sent 1st letter from library.

Today I have recieved a return letter telling me that they need my ex-husbands authority before sending data.

We had 7 different accounts with the one bank (Northern Bank) all of which ended up with excessive charges. The accounts have all been closed since 2003.(they closed all of them without notice and took wages to pay off allowed overdraft leaving mortgage to bounce) Mortgage was also with them.

Am I right in thinking that as all accounts needed only one signature this DPA should also only need one signature?

I did DPA them in 2004 but never recieved all the info (or gave ex's authority) and personal circumstances stopped me from continuing at that time.

Now with the support on this forum I feel confident that I should go all the way!

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, and welcome. You may be better posting this in the general section as it gets more traffic than this bit! (I assume your bank has nothing to do with yorkshire bank anyway?)

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

Guest Lueeze

If they are Joint accounts, and you have equal access to it, then you can request this by yourself! Your Ex doesnt nneed to sign, you can act on both your behalf.

Good Luck

Lou x

Thanks for such a quick response peops.

As I thought I will write back to them and tell joint account info as I want data.

And no the N.B are now owned by a Danish company The Danske Bank Group nowt to do with Yorkshire. That was me posting in the wrong place! I will get my teenage son to show me how to use this forum properly! (forum virgin)

Thanks again.

MOD NOTE: THREAD MOVED TO CORRECT FORUM

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks