mislead by slalesman

nosleep09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

10 years ago i bought a tv from currys which i agreed to pay for in installments as i and my mother weere told by the salesman that they had a special offer on the tv where if i payed for it in a set amount of time there would be no interest on top. as i was 16 at the time my mother had to sign the contract. when looking at the contract i saw saw a box with some figures in it, i think it was about £50, cant remember exactly what else it said in the box. i asked the salesman if it meant that is what we would be charged, he told me to ignore that box as it would not be applicable on this particular item, so we signed. :( . i payed the installments, i payed the installments and thought that was that. then we started getting letters about paying for the remainder of the tv, two and two together and it turned out that the salesman had lied and so we refused to pay on the principle that we had been mislead. the letters eventually stopped comming until two weeks ago we received a letter from GE capital saying that we owed them £400 for this item and to stop bailffs comming we would have to arrange payment. they stated that if we payed within 2 months then they would take %50 off but £200 is still 4 times a much as what they originally demanded. i dont want to conceed defeat but i think i may have to. is there any way that i could reduce what i owe further. i know its nothing compared to the debt that some people find themselfs in but i just hate that fact that im paying for trusting a salesman

10 years ago i bought a tv from currys which i agreed to pay for in installments as i and my mother weere told by the salesman that they had a special offer on the tv where if i payed for it in a set amount of time there would be no interest on top. as i was 16 at the time my mother had to sign the contract. when looking at the contract i saw saw a box with some figures in it, i think it was about £50, cant remember exactly what else it said in the box. i asked the salesman if it meant that is what we would be charged, he told me to ignore that box as it would not be applicable on this particular item, so we signed. :( . i payed the installments, i payed the installments and thought that was that. then we started getting letters about paying for the remainder of the tv, two and two together and it turned out that the salesman had lied and so we refused to pay on the principle that we had been mislead. the letters eventually stopped comming until two weeks ago we received a letter from GE capital saying that we owed them £400 for this item and to stop bailffs comming we would have to arrange payment. they stated that if we payed within 2 months then they would take %50 off but £200 is still 4 times a much as what they originally demanded. i dont want to conceed defeat but i think i may have to. is there any way that i could reduce what i owe further. i know its nothing compared to the debt that some people find themselfs in but i just hate that fact that im paying for trusting a salesman

When's the last time you made a payment on this ?

Just hate every DCA out there

yep

if the last payment was outside 6 yrs then tellthem to fo away off.

dx100uk:smile:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the last payment i made was 9 years ago. so is there some kind of 6 year rule on this

If a payment has not been made and there's been no contact for 6 years then a debt becomes statute barred under the Limitation Act 1980. Once statute barred it cannot be ressurected, and for the purpose of the Limitation Act, an acknowlegement can only be in writing and signed by the alleged debtor.

There is a template letter in the library for this and there is also a template letter to send to stop them harrassing you under the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997.

You could also report them to Tradings Standards etc......

Good luck, Dave.