mummythree v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Here" an update,since last Tuesday 13 feb.

Paid £5.oo directly to halifax,and asked for my statements for the last 6 years,Have recieved them today 20 feb,but only going back to march 2004.

Have moved around alot in the last six years,but surely this shouldn"t be a problem.

Spoke to Halifax over the phone again,and have been told to go into a main branch,with ID and they will sort it out.

So im off to the bank again this week.

Will i have to pay again,do you think?

I think previous card going back was probably a halifax credit card?(reason they only sent me 2 half yrs of statements,not sure?Three kids and four moves in the last few years has frazzled my brain?) £676.OO SO FAR!:confused: IN CHARGES!!!!!!!

:confused::D Hi again,

Is it a good idea to send off for the Lawpack,Small Claims kit.

Im becoming a little lost on the site,and not really sure what to do next,when i recieve all my statements

All my charges are for direct debit charges(insuffient money)and overdrawn,(no overdraught)

Any tips for me please.

Also,i had a halifax credit card, over 2 years ago,can i chase that up as well,for charges of say late payments?:eek:

I would just stick to what you are doing now and if you have any questions then post them in your thread, pleanty of people here to help you. Just make sure you read plenty of other threads to familiarise yourslef with the process so that you know what to expect.

You are right to claim the returned DDs and unauthorised overdraft charges etc.

Also you can claim the credit card charges for late payments etc.

PS you should not have to pay anything else for your remaining statements for your bank account.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

So is that right,i shouldnt have to pay any more money to halifax,even if i asked for six yr statements, and i had forgot that i changed my card from credit to debit card over 2 1/2 yrs ago.

I should go to the bank and asked for my credit statements now going back the previous 3 1/2 yrs.??????:-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

So is that right,i shouldnt have to pay any more money to halifax,even if i asked for six yr statements, and i had forgot that i changed my card from credit to debit card over 2 1/2 yrs ago.

I should go to the bank and asked for my credit statements now going back the previous 3 1/2 yrs.??????:-? :-? :-?:-?

hi mummyofthree,

as far as not having to pay anymore money for defaults well No thats not scrictly true the banks continue charging as they always have. For every account you have had you need to send a separate S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) (well you could of listed all your accounts in the one S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) but probably as easy now to send a new one listing your CC account number and wait for statements. Your entitled to your entire history with the bank even if this was twenty years ago so dont be fobbed off with only a couple of years worth.

Yes get hold of a law pack kit (i have one) and it is very usefull reading for bedtime, gives you lots of reassurance and breaks down the process step by step.

Once you have your bank statements then total up the charges, and put them into one of the spreadsheets and work out the interest they owe you (depending which route you want to take of course, ie contractual interest ect) and then print off your Prelim letter with your details on it ie account number and anme abviously, then give them 14 days.

Then send your LBA (letter before action) letter and again give them 14 days. Then if they have not made you an offer, ring the branch and ask for the manager tell him the situation and if they dont offer to pay you will be starting court action and at that point they will be liable for your court fee and 8% interest, (be reasonable with them and they might pay there and then)

If not start the court process (the law pack will help loads with this) everyone on here will offer support and guidance though its only you that can actually do it.

Be strong girl...go for it ! :):p

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

Thanks for the info.

I cant remember my account no. for credit card but im sure if they have my name and address they can find them.I shall send off for the book as well,and also change my account to another bank?any suggestions?

:rolleyes:

Hi mummythree,

Not many people on here have the book, as all the help is on here.

im sure i read that some one said there wasnt a lot of info about bank charges in there. If im wrong then some one please feel free to say..!

There is a programe on friday night, trevor mcdonald. On at 8 with Martin Lewis. (the money expert.......genius guy) all about the charges.

Any way if you ask the bank about the credit card they will have to give you your details.

And if you have charges then get them back.

Also if you paid for your statements for 6 years then you should recieve 6 years regardless of if you have moved. As long as they had the address then they have to send them.

It might be worth giving them a ring. Did you ring customer services. The number is

0121 234 1068.

Please dont ever feel stuck, if you need any help just ask, theres always plenty of people here to help. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for that Seasidelady.

So iv just phoned up, this is the no. for credit card 08457283848.

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD SERVICES

PITREAVIE

BUSINESS PARK

DUMFERMINE

KY99 4BS

I have now got to send a letter requesting my statements from 99 to beginning of 04,name address etc and they will then let me know if i have to send any more money.I did say i had already paid £5,but as one account is debit and the other is credit its 2 different lots of money??????Spare moment i will do this,youngest back from playschool!!!

Will be watching MARTIN SHAW on friday night,thanks for that.

Should i change my bank account ?:razz:

When sending SAR, the best thing is to add all account numbers on the one letter.

Then it covers them all.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi everyone

Just spoken to the Halifax today (21/02) after sending my letter into them for my Data Request, they've happily banked my cheque for £10 on the 13/02 but have no record of the request for statments on my account....quick enough to take my money though!!!!

so have now reordered my statements and should be with me in the next 7 days....we'll see!!!