Powerhouse - help Please.........

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

my brother in law purchased a fridge freezer from powerhouse 2 days before they went bust. he purchased it in store on HP / finance but as powerhouse went bust he never received the item.

now the finance company are chasing him for the money for the fridge even though he never received it.

can any one offer me any advice on if they (the finance company) can still demand payment for an item he never recieved and if they cant what is the best way to deal with them to stop them demanding payment

regards

paul

The finance company should be aware the PH went bust - and that without having receipt of the goods, the deal is not complete. He needs to write to the finance house to repudiate the contract, stating that due to PH's insolvency the goods were never provided. (This is assuming PH arranged the finance, rather than another company providing the cash for the purchase to be made.

Hi buzby

thanks for that, this has been reallyy worrying him as tehy are trying to recover the money from him even though he never received the good. i will check who the finance agreement is with and take it from there.

regards

paul