• Tweets

• We need to see the actual document from the IAS where it is written - "The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." You can't just type it up yourself. At the hearing in July or August or whenever the judge will have two Witness Statements. One from Bank's director says you never made a second appeal. You say you did make a second appeal and the IAS concluded that payment was made. The judge will immediately twig that either you or the director is lying.  But who? Fail to show the documentation form the IAS and instead just produce something you've typed yourself will make it look like you just made up the appeal and you are lying and you will lose the case. Please let us see what the IAS adjudicator sent.
    • I used to have a retail outlet in London selling my husband's photography.  We also had a co-op with staff so they weren't directly employed by me, but I paid for the other overheads etc.  When my husband died, I carried on as usual for a while but then I became ill and moved quite far away so logistically was becoming very difficult.  I came to an arrangement (verbal) with one of the guys I trusted, that I would send him the images to print and sell as normal, and I wouldn't take any money, as a short term solution until I got back on my feet and worked out the best way to do things. He would pay all the  rent, insurance etc... Over a year later, not able to give things away for free anymore,  I drew up a contract as a wholesale agreement, so I would get everything printed and sent to him and I would invoice his for what he ordered. I noticed form the beginning that he wasn't ordering enough or frequently enough to be making any money, and was suspicious he was doing his own orders on the sly and ordering just enough from me to keep my happy.  I checked with my printer, which I've been with for 20 years, and he sad he wasn't getting orders for my images from anyone else. I emailed a few other printers to ask them to keep a look out for some images but I soon realised this would be impossible to police.  The only option really would be to buy a print from him and check the stamp on the back of it.  I finally managed to get hold of on the prints on sale, and sure enough, he did not order it through me.   In the contract he signed in 2022 it explicitly states that he must destroy all files I had previously sent him etc etc so e is in breach of that.  When I drew up the contract, I was careful to make sure it was legally binding, but before I let rip at him, I need to know where I stand.  The contract is here: PARTIES This WHOLESALE AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made effective as of 30th June, 2022, by and between ############################## The Supplier and the Client, collectively referred to as the "Parties," hereby agree to the following terms: TERMS AND CONDITIONS SALES OF GOODS The Supplier agrees to provide the following goods to the Client (“Goods”): Description of Goods ################################# Doc ID: 3d54c1d336d8780243801e0e068ebd33114b088b BOTH PARTIES AGREE: The Client purchases the Goods through the Supplier directly, and agrees to delete/destroy any previously held digital images (Goods) owned by the Supplier, and agrees not to use any such files for monetary gain, outside of this agreement, either directly or through a third party from immediate effect of this agreement. The Client purchases the other materials necessary for resale of the Goods independently of this agreement. The Client shall have exclusive rights for resale of Goods at ###########, and also with permission, as a retailer of the Goods elsewhere, provided that there is no conflict of interest between the Supplier and the Client. The Client is free to decide their own retail prices, for the Goods. The Supplier shall use #####  to provide the printed Goods on Fujifilm Crystal Archive paper, with Lustre finish, and will not use any other Printer unless #### cease to trade, without prior approval from the Client. The Supplier shall not impose restrictions on size or frequency of orders made by the Client. The prices provided by the Supplier shall not increase for a minimum of 3 years, unless the prices of the raw materials rise, in which case the client will be informed immediately. Any discounts/promotional prices of raw materials shall be passed on to the Client by the Supplier, and the invoice will show adjustments for this, as well as credit for return postage of any damaged goods. This agreement can be terminated by the Client without notice; the Supplier must give notice of no less than 90 days, unless the terms of the agreement are breached, in which case, the agreement can be terminated with immediate effect. PAYMENT Orders must be paid for upon receipt of invoice, via Bank transfer: ######### Doc ID: 3d54c1d336d8780243801e0e068ebd33114b088b DELIVERY AND INSPECTIONS All orders received by 12.00am (midnight) shall be processed by the Supplier the following working day and delivery of order shall arrive in accordance with the Royal Mail schedule, or DPD, should express delivery be requested. The Client shall be liable for the delivery charge which shall be added to the invoice. The Goods will be delivered to the address specified by the Client. The Client shall be provided with order tracking, and should any problems arise with the ordering system or the couriers (Royal Mail, DPD), the Client shall be informed without delay of any such issues. The Client will inspect the Goods and report any defects or damage to the Goods in transit as soon as possible upon receipt of Goods, and will retain damaged Goods for return to Supplier for refund/replacement. GENERAL PROVISIONS CONFIDENTIALITY The prices of the Goods and other information contained in this Agreement is confidential and will not be disclosed by either party unless with prior written consent of the other party. INDEMNIFICATION The Client indemnifies the Supplier from any claims, liabilities, and expenses made by any third party vendors or customers of the Client. GOVERNING LAW This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with UK Law. ACCEPTANCE Both parties understand and accept the wholesale arrangement stipulated under this Agreement. Doc ID: 3d54c1d336d8780243801e0e068ebd33114b088b IN WITNESS WHEREOF, each of the Parties has executed this Wholesale Agreement as of the day and year set forth above.   Signed by us both electronically.   I haven't broached any of this yet, and I am looking for some advice about what action to take.  The main issue I've got is that he has still go those images.  If I terminate the contract, I will need to know that he no longer has those images and I can't think of a bulletproof way to do this. I'm thinking I might tell him I will continue with the contract but ask for a  sum in damages and say that if I find out he's still doing it down the line I will terminate the contract and sue him for damages. The damages side of things I'm not sure how it would work as he is self employed, and I'm positive he doesn't declare all of his earnings to HMRC, in order to find out how much I have lost, would the court demand to go through his tax self assessments?  I'm not sure how to proceed with this, I don't want to lose that place as an outlet as it is in a prime spot in London, which is why I let him have those images in the first place as I would have had to pull out altogether at that point.  I am regretting it somewhat now though.  Please help.
    • I cannot locate anything in my paper work that states 2 payments were made? Perhaps you could point this out? In reply from IAS it states "The ticketing data has been attached" nothing was sent to me. I made a response to the IAS all this was done online
    • Thanks again for your responses. The concern I have here, is that freeholder of the land (a company, who presumably would have been the ones to have initially instructed PPM to manage the parking here), will have proof of exactly how long the vehicle was on site for, as the driver was meeting operatives from that company on a separate matter. On this basis, if the matter was to get to court, I feel all the other technicalities about signage, size of signage/font, lack of start/finish times, will not be enough to have any case dropped? This PCN was brought up to the freeholder but they have advised that PPM will not waive this charge. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GYHOMS v hsbc... have just entered defence

GetYourHandsOfMyStack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

havent posted on this before as i decided in december to save myself the hassle of doing this all myself and signed up with a group of solicitors (who shall remain nameless) but after they took a month to actually let me know they had even sent the bank the first letter, and then seemed quite happy to wait over a month for any response form my bank - i have decided to do it myself. Rang up hsbc on 16/02/2007 and asked them if they had sent the solicitors any statements. Took over half an hour to get to the right person and then when i did, they acknowledged that they had recieved the letter from solicitors on 12/01/07, but there had been an 'error' and they had forgotton to do anything about it. Funnily enough this was not the first time i had rung them, first time i rang, they said they had got the letter and a special dept was looking into my case, next time i rang they denied ever recieving the letter, and several other calls were just as useless. Anyway, as i had told the solicitors not to bother with my claim anymore i asked the bank to send the documents straight to my home address. They said this would take a further 10 working days. Incidentally, i have internet banking - so have managed to print off my last 6yrs of statements from that and have already calculated that they owe me about £2,300 - does anyone know if i can use these printouts, will the bank be really fussy about which ones i use? if i can use these then presumably i can just go ahead and send them a letter demanding them all back? also - are there any charges which aren't deemed as reclaimable? they've been charging me on average £100 per month for the last year, so im pretty skint and could do with getting this moving fairly quickly!

cheers!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Pink Floyd fan.

take a look at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

this will outline charges you can and cannot ask for.

Your online statements will do just fine.

You will have to enter the details into a spreadsheet in any case.

Crusher :-D

• Haha 1

my advice is to read as many threads as you can on here, and the faq's and familiarise yourself with the process of claiming your money back. it' not a get rich quick formula and you have to understand exactly what it is you are doing at each stage. help is at hand every step of the way so if you need questions answering - ask away.

welcome to the forum

• Haha 1

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

And some of us are totally mad like me ! but make no mistake we are all striving for the same goal and there are so great people on here who will give you good firm advice, and in my opion you have really hit the jackpot with Crusher, netty & lateralus jumping into your thread for support, me I'am little like the mad one in the A Team but best of luck and keep everyone posted as you go a long and should you get stuck there is usually someone that comes up with the right result for you in double quick time

• 2 weeks later...

hello again!

been waiting for my bank statements since my last post - nice lady on the phone said they were guaranteed to be here by friday just gone at the lastest, its now monday and i dont have 'em. First asked for them 12/01/07. think they may be stalling! I'm not that good at maths, but thats def over 40 days...i think...anyway, went online and wrote down all the charges and dates and stuff by hand, cos my poor little printer would never cope with the whole lot. have done the spreadsheet, which was great fun! Does anyone think if i just handed in the breadsheet and letter asking for the charges back without the actual hard copies of the statements this would be a very bad idea? Im guessing its not the best idea.. also i guess i could make a complaint about them breaching DPA for not sending them, but bless them, they had an 'error' and forgot to send them - should i be tough and go for it? will it look soft if i let them off? i just dont know...

There is a letter you can use to gee them up with the statements.

While they stew over that, you can fill in your spreadsheet, get your total, put in the first letter for repayment.

Get that clock ticking, as hsbc are certainly dragging their feet at the moment

Crusher :-D

no need for solicitors on here. just take your time, do your homework cos you're by yourself.. although you've got as much help and advice as you need - and when you win, you've got the 'ultimate' feeling that you'll have done this all by yourself - with a little help from your friends!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

just noticed a slight amibguity between my last two posts which makes me look like a bit of a mentalist - i originally printed out my statements using the printer at work (so's i dindnt have to use my printer!) and then left them at work - doh! was gonna let it ride but then ive already spelt my username wrong and i dont want you lot thinking ive got two personalities - one who has printed his statements off and one who hasnt - neither of which can spell properly, not only would that be a bit mental, it would be a very boring kind of mental! :D incidentally i still dont have my statements from the bank -i rang them up to complain on monday and they said they would 'fast-track' them to me. think they must have gone so fast they went straight past me and all the way back to the bank...

yep, that was a bit of a ramble wasnt it! anyway... am a bit confused about the interest im sposed to claim for in the first letter i send them. all the debit interest ive been charged is, i think, a mixture of interest on an agreed overdraft limit i had, and possible interest on the charges. so i dont think i can prove which of it i shouldnt have been charged, and how much that would be, problem is that my agreed limit has fluctuated so much in the last 6yrs, and ive no record of when this was - i could ask the bank for this info, but theyve taken so long over the statements themselve i reckon this would string it out even further... am quite happy to just claim for the actual charges themselves, as the interest would only make a small amount of difference. but then if im not claiming for this amount which im entitled to, does it affect my overall claim in terms of credibility?

it affects nothing except the total - to do it - not to do it - your choice entirely. it matters not what your agreed o/d was - by using the advanced spreadsheet in the library when you put the amount of your balance at the time of the charge - taking into account all the other charges -the s/s does all the calculations for you. it will take all, some or none of each interest charge using some complicated calculation that i wouldn't understand, ever. but it just works - does it all - so, my advice would be - do the advanced s/s and see wht you are dealing with - if it isn't a significant amount - leave it off as sometimes (not always - but sometimes) the o/d interest becomes a sticking point with dg/hsbc when it comes to offers. does that clear it up for you?

• Haha 1

yeah, thats really helpful actually, the advanced apreadsheet was hurting my brain a bit - not gonna bother with the interest is to little to worry about, plus dont fancy any sticking points with the bank. have printed off my letter and sent it off just now - just gotta sit back and wait! cheers

Wow! Finally got my statements from HSBC yesterday and this morning -all in seperate envelopes - guess what? they've only gone and sent me random statements throughout the last 6yrs (not the complete set, not in any sort of order) im missing about half of them, but its ok, cos the ones they have sent me they've sent two copies! Brilliant! does this mean i can claim back some of the charges twice...?:D

Pweeeze Help! I have had an HSBC Current account for over 10yrs now- I also had until January an HSBC Gold Card with a £6000 credit limit. In November I had a serious car accident and went over my limit and in arrears by 2 months with card payment. On the 19th Jan 2007 I informed HSBC through thir call centre in India that a £6000 payment had been made and enquired with a " Manager " in card services if the Card was still active and no limitations have been placed on the card. The response from the manager was the cards ok nothing to worry about, just don't use the card for 3 days until payment has cleared ( 19th Jan 2007 ) on the 22nd Jan payment cleared and the balance was reduced to £520. On the 25th Jan I tried to use the card and It was declined. The card and account had been suspended. Sneeky F*****S " we've got your money now we're suspending your card. I'm told the decision was taken at "BRANCH " level to suspend the card.

I of course wrote asking them to explain all of this .... to date I have has 2 letters from HSBC all template letters telling me I can apply for a new Gold card in 3 months - I am also in the process of claiming £1,700 in bank charges and in dispute with them on their refusal to send me out a new standing order form so that I can send it to my new bank to set up payment for my personal loan which I have with them.

They claim they need security thats why they refuse to change payment method on the loan account. I have informed them that they have no security anyway as my monthly wages as from the end of the month willbe paid into my new account. Can anyone shed some light on the above some advice would be greatful for a virgin posteee..... Many thanks

they do that just to p**s you off i think! yeah that's a thought, claiming twice lol

Thats what i thought - unfortunately for them i found it really funny - just imagine, someone at some level there must have gone 'hmm... i know, we wont send him his statements, we'll b*gger it up a bit and send him some random ones twice, that'll annoy him!' its so childish and silly but inventive at the same time, wonder if they've done that to anyone else or theyre experimenting with new tactics with me! i hope so

hello again, starting to get a bit worried about the letter i sent demanding the charges back. Have heard nothing yet and the 14days are nearly up, bank wont say whether theyve recieved it or not, plus i couldt afford to send it recorded delivery (got charged another £50 this month) so ive got no proof i sent it. The address i used was:

HSBC BANK PLC

8 CANADA SQUARE

LONDON

E14 5HQ

this is the one i got off this site, but am thinking maybe i had to send it to a complaints dept or something like that? Plus saw that program last nite, and am still in a light miff! :D