connors

connors
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Connors, have a look on the charges description part, it will explain what you can claim for. If you had charges applied to your account which pushed you over your agreed limit, you will be charged for that aswell, so charges on charges? Yes you can claim. You cannot claim for pre-arranged charges i.e charges for temporarily extending your overdraft limit etc.

hi jo, is that worked out for me by the spreadsheet, on my early statements we just have random £27.50 charges, we have then put money in to cover it and there has not been another charge applied in most cases, so i can't understand the charges on charges bit, know i sound stupid, feel it,

:confused:

connors

No it is not. It should show on your statement. If you were charged for going over your limit it would say "Total Charges". If the charge pushed you over your limit again after the first "Total Charges" were debited then you would incurr another "Total Charges" the next month. Just put down what your statements say. i.e "Total Charges" " Unpaid D/D or S/O" or "Misuse of Card".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

so, in answer to an earlier question - if, on your statements, you see total charges - yes, claim them - if you see "interest - DR" those are interest charges on your overdraft. my suggestion: if there aren't a lot of them - forget them - if there are a lot of them - then use the advanced spreadsheet to see what total you come out with. the s/s will figure out if all, some or none of each interest charge relates to your overdraft. it is quite simple - you fill it out and the s/s does all the work (note: you do not under any circumstances just treat them as a charge and add it on and claim it back) you must do it using the advanced s/s or it will be wrong. if that sounds too much for you or if there really don't appear to be very many - loose them - forget o/d interest and just use the simple s/s to figure the 8% interest you will be adding when you claim. and yes, just cut off the last column for the letters. hth.

i have received a letter today informing me that the bank are looking into the matters i raised and will contact me with a full response as soon as they have completed their investigations, they have provided me with a reference number to quote if i need to contact them,is it too late to send them a list of revised charges, and which letter should i now send,

The letter from HSBC is a standard response. Basically ignore it and stick t your own timetable. It is not too late to send a revised list of charges with your LBA letter. The last time that it is sensible to revise your charges is when you file with the court. :)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.