Offer too late - I need advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm claiming back £1310 from the Halifax, and it has got as far as the MCOL stage. The claim was issued on 5th Feb, deemed served on the 10th. They haven't acknowledged it.

I got a letter today dayed 14th Feb offering the £1310. I've forked out £120 to file the claim, so don't want to accept it. What shall I do?

Thanks for reading, hope someone can advise.

Halifax Current Account

SAR sent 23 October, special delivery.

Easy - claim filed, they've had their time - offered the initial amount, accept it in part settlement and ask for the rest (costs and interest) - from reading the links, Halifax seem to cough up from a phone call, especially when it gets to this stage - try phoning them, and see:grin: 14th Feb is too late, served on the 10th - someone has their job in the balance here methinks......he he he:wink:

will watch this with interest

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

You can ignore it or if you prefer send them this:

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. Prior to receipt of your letter I have filed a claim (No. XXX) in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, interest and court fees now totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Thank you both for replying so promptly. Tha's what I thought - they've had pleanty of time, so if they were going to pay all along, why not just pay?

It's my OH's account, and he's not too confident on the phone, so I think a letter might be better in this case.

Thanks again, and I'll keep you updated.

Halifax Current Account

Hi exact thing happened to me!Send the above letter and now will you not only get your court fee back but also your 8% interest!I filed my N1 on 19th December and got offer on 28th December for full amount!Tooo late!Gotmy money back incl. court fee and 8% 2 days ago!

Thanks lmb. I've sent the letter, and faxed it through on Friday. Got home to a letter dated 15th from a different person, saying sorry we haven't sorted this out yet, you'll hear from us in 4 weeks! Left hand, meet right hand, now tell each other what you're doing!

Also, they've acknowleged the claim this morning on MCOL. What are they doing?!

Halifax Current Account