• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

me v GE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all, Have already posted on this thread and was just about to post an update when read Tiatia,s post with great excitement,

Firstly had a letter on 6th March from G E re FN for the first time ever Pinnical Insurance has been mentioned so I can only assume that is who the PPI was with, when I sent for my DR Letter in October they only sent the agreement and statements with no supporting correspondance I have never received any info from any insurance company.

I feel so angry, they are so decitefull, letters back and forwards had enough now with G E messing about (they are dealing with three diffrent PPI requests of mine) so Im just going to dig around for as much info dirt etc as possible and take it through the Courts

Secondly can you tell me who your PPI was with and where did you find the remarks

On a loan of ours (FistNat/GE), on the info re the PPI(one off Payment) it states "This insurance may not be cancelled by you or the insurers".

as frantically trying to find it on the aggrement but can't see it.

Regards to all Lynn

basically it,s what i,ve put.since had a reply ge hope to have a resolve within 4 weeks ,whether it,s what i want to hear or not i,ll keep you all posted

G E Money x xxxxxxxxxxx

Mr Rupert Peacock xxxxxxxxx

Customer Relations Manager xxxxxxx

G E Money Consumer Lending Ltd xxxxxx

53/91 College Road xxx xxx

Harrow

Middlesex

HA1 1FB

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

xxx February 200x

Dear Mr Peacock

I am writing in relation to the Quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested on numerous occasions that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all correspondence to be made from your company in writing only which I have stated on several different occasions. However on the xx February 200x at xx.47 a.m.xxxxxxx xxxxx contacted myself on my mobile Phone and I also have reason to believe that somebody from your company rang the day before, firstly on the home phone then directly after on my mobile.

I find this totally unacceptable and I am now in the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will now be recorded.

I have had contact from G E Money on more than one occasion regarding a shortfall to payments my loan which seems that this is for a PPI policy. I have been told twice by the same person xxxxx that my loan is a variable rate loan and that Cardiff Pinnacle are paying the amount equivalent to the first payment and that since xxxxxxxber the interest Rate has risen meaning that this is where the shortfall is. On being told this I checked the terms and conditions of my loan and as I suspected I found out that I have never been on a Variable rate but on a Fixed Rate loan running over x years, this as you can imagine does not install a great deal of confidence in the capability of your Employees.

It was not until August 200x that I became aware that the shortfall on the loan each month of £xx.xx that had been being paid each month by xxx should actually be being met by Cardiff Pinnacle. After numerous calls to GE Money and to Cardiff Pinnacle we had to fax the details twice to Cardiff Pinnacle to prove that we had a replacement schedule that replaced all previous schedules. Cardiff Pinnacle eventually agreed to refund us the amount that we had paid up to that date, however it seems that they may have overpaid us according to your staff and that you would like us to forward on this amount to yourselves.

I have written to Cardiff Pinnacle on xx xxxxxber a copy of which is attached but as yet have had no response. I have made it perfectly clear to your staff that I do not owe G E Money any money and they should take this up with Cardiff Pinnacle. If there has been an overpayment to myself by Cardiff Pinnacle then I will forward this amount back to them when they confirm how that they have overpaid me and by how much.

It is also very disappointing to note that further charges have been added to my account; I hope that you see fit to remove these punitive and illegal charges. However if you feel fit not to remove these from my account then I will have no choice than to instigate Legal Proceedings to recover this amount plus interest.

Furthermore on speaking to xxxxx xxxxxx on the xx xxxuary I was shocked to be told twice by him that what I thought was a payment protection policy was actually repayment of a loan to purchase the Payment Protection Policy that G E had sold to my xxxxxx approximately 1 month after the original Loan was taken out.

On looking into this further we now believe that we were mis-sold this policy. G E informed us by letter on the xxx xxxxxxber 200x reference xxxxx that as the loan xxxxxxxxx was in joint names it was recommended that the PPI should be on both named applicants.

However on the date that the loan commenced (month 200x) Only myself was covered, contact from yourselves recommended that both of us should be covered, so we agreed, assuming that this would be as a joint policy and not two single policies.

We have now realised that instead of paying for a PPI Policy to which we could have purchased ourselves at a much lower amount, maybe even 90% lower we were actually sold a loan to pay for the PPI.

I am sure that you will agree that 2 separate policies on the same loan is totally unacceptable and is not in our, the customers best interest. I am currently signed off as unfit for work so my PPI in my name that was taken out at the start of the loan is covering my payments to the loan, however if my xxxxx was unable to work at the same time would this mean that Cardiff Pinnacle would pay out a second amount as my xxxxx is a separate policy. Surely you would agree that this should have been done as a Joint policy taken out at the time of commencement or just left as a single policy to cover the main earner of the Family. It has also come to our attention that although the Loan is for a x year term the PPI actually only covers us for up to xx payments which in my calculation is x years, I do not understand how this would benefit us. We wish to cancel the 2nd policy which is solely in my xxxx name (ref xxxxxxxxxxxxx) as we can see that this is of no use to us. On the cancellation of this policy we will expect to receive all monies that we have paid into the policy from the start up to when Cardiff Pinnacle commenced taking over the Payments of this.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than to merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principal and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within the time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

basically it,s what i,ve put.since had a reply ge hope to have a resolve within 4 weeks ,whether it,s what i want to hear or not i,ll keep you all posted

G E Money x xxxxxxxxxxx

Mr Rupert Peacock xxxxxxxxx

Customer Relations Manager xxxxxxx

G E Money Consumer Lending Ltd xxxxxx

53/91 College Road xxx xxx

Harrow

Middlesex

HA1 1FB

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

xxx February 200x

Dear Mr Peacock

I am writing in relation to the Quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested on numerous occasions that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all correspondence to be made from your company in writing only which I have stated on several different occasions. However on the xx February 200x at xx.47 a.m.xxxxxxx xxxxx contacted myself on my mobile Phone and I also have reason to believe that somebody from your company rang the day before, firstly on the home phone then directly after on my mobile.

I find this totally unacceptable and I am now in the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will now be recorded.

I have had contact from G E Money on more than one occasion regarding a shortfall to payments my loan which seems that this is for a PPI policy. I have been told twice by the same person xxxxx that my loan is a variable rate loan and that Cardiff Pinnacle are paying the amount equivalent to the first payment and that since xxxxxxxber the interest Rate has risen meaning that this is where the shortfall is. On being told this I checked the terms and conditions of my loan and as I suspected I found out that I have never been on a Variable rate but on a Fixed Rate loan running over x years, this as you can imagine does not install a great deal of confidence in the capability of your Employees.

It was not until August 200x that I became aware that the shortfall on the loan each month of £xx.xx that had been being paid each month by xxx should actually be being met by Cardiff Pinnacle. After numerous calls to GE Money and to Cardiff Pinnacle we had to fax the details twice to Cardiff Pinnacle to prove that we had a replacement schedule that replaced all previous schedules. Cardiff Pinnacle eventually agreed to refund us the amount that we had paid up to that date, however it seems that they may have overpaid us according to your staff and that you would like us to forward on this amount to yourselves.

I have written to Cardiff Pinnacle on xx xxxxxber a copy of which is attached but as yet have had no response. I have made it perfectly clear to your staff that I do not owe G E Money any money and they should take this up with Cardiff Pinnacle. If there has been an overpayment to myself by Cardiff Pinnacle then I will forward this amount back to them when they confirm how that they have overpaid me and by how much.

It is also very disappointing to note that further charges have been added to my account; I hope that you see fit to remove these punitive and illegal charges. However if you feel fit not to remove these from my account then I will have no choice than to instigate Legal Proceedings to recover this amount plus interest.

Furthermore on speaking to xxxxx xxxxxx on the xx xxxuary I was shocked to be told twice by him that what I thought was a payment protection policy was actually repayment of a loan to purchase the Payment Protection Policy that G E had sold to my xxxxxx approximately 1 month after the original Loan was taken out.

On looking into this further we now believe that we were mis-sold this policy. G E informed us by letter on the xxx xxxxxxber 200x reference xxxxx that as the loan xxxxxxxxx was in joint names it was recommended that the PPI should be on both named applicants.

However on the date that the loan commenced (month 200x) Only myself was covered, contact from yourselves recommended that both of us should be covered, so we agreed, assuming that this would be as a joint policy and not two single policies.

We have now realised that instead of paying for a PPI Policy to which we could have purchased ourselves at a much lower amount, maybe even 90% lower we were actually sold a loan to pay for the PPI.

I am sure that you will agree that 2 separate policies on the same loan is totally unacceptable and is not in our, the customers best interest. I am currently signed off as unfit for work so my PPI in my name that was taken out at the start of the loan is covering my payments to the loan, however if my xxxxx was unable to work at the same time would this mean that Cardiff Pinnacle would pay out a second amount as my xxxxx is a separate policy. Surely you would agree that this should have been done as a Joint policy taken out at the time of commencement or just left as a single policy to cover the main earner of the Family. It has also come to our attention that although the Loan is for a x year term the PPI actually only covers us for up to xx payments which in my calculation is x years, I do not understand how this would benefit us. We wish to cancel the 2nd policy which is solely in my xxxx name (ref xxxxxxxxxxxxx) as we can see that this is of no use to us. On the cancellation of this policy we will expect to receive all monies that we have paid into the policy from the start up to when Cardiff Pinnacle commenced taking over the Payments of this.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than to merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principal and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within the time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the copy of your letter! Is this the original letter you sent?

just about :) .we like everyone on here is getting peed off at being taken for mugs so i,m doing my best to put a spanner in the works and to dig our heels in :mad: i feel it,s gonna be a long fight

Well if you are waiting for a reply from Mr Peackock.. PLEASE DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH... and can almost tell you what he will say..lol.

Well he was kind enough to Investigate My complaint..and told me to Take a Run and Jump..more or less anyway. So my claim is now in court, I have had a copy of their defence from their solicitors and surprise surprise they have passed the buck to anyone and everyone apart from themselves.

I have started working on my response for when the official defence arrives from the court, This is getting to be so much fun..lol

If you need Mr Rupert Peacocks Direct Telephone or Fax Number give me a shout..

Good Luck and Keep to your timescale, they will drag it on and on, I have been at this one since October but hopefully it should reach a conclussion soon, well I live in hope..

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

thanks reidnet , after reading your other threads and the hassle that ge are ,fore warned is fore armed:) a big kick up the arse is gonna come their way .i will look up about the cca thanks .good luck mate

The more you can throw at them the better, well I have just about thrown Everything at them so far...

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

bach,

this was in 1997 but is ongoing and in dispute!

It was called The First National Bank Protected Payment Plan

The insurers name was Benett Gould & Partners.

The remarks re "the insurance may not be cancelled by either the insurers or you" was in small print - on the folder left by the salesman and attatched to the credit agreement and also on the certificate of insurance.

the amount on the credit agreement was for 100.00 (wont put real amount incase people are watching) and yet when it all came through afterwards it was for 100.05 and this is stated in on the insurance certificate.

The name for claims on it is Cassidy Davis Insurance Services Ltd

• 4 weeks later...

I have a copy of their AQ, they want to go Fastrack instead of Small Claims..Yeah right (as i tighten the zip on the back of my neck). I have not responded to their AQ as I will wait for word from the court first.

Yet again the delaying , Bullying and Scare Tactics used by GE Money and their band of merry men Continues..

Ian