Eggie V Capital One CC

eggopp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok Prelim and copy of charges sent to Cap 1.. ive decided to go down the 8% route with cap 1, because ive an IVA it comes in under £500 which means i keep it.. With contractual it way over the £500 which means its classed as a windfall and if my experience with Halifax bank account is anything to go by.. i wouldnt get any cash in hand..

Sent it yesterday.. 14 days and counting woot woot

HI,

I have just phoned Capital One and requested statements from March 2001 through to when I closed the account, some three years later. The nice man said they should be with me within 21 days and there was no charge

I thought while I was in the phone I might as well get my hubby to request the same, same reply 21 days and both accounts have already been closed.

I will let you know when I receive them.

Well done Julied 1

Can you start your own thread so that we can keep an eye on your progress?

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well i am very suprised now... today we recieved my wifes Cap 1 statements and we never even got round to requesting them!! After a quick calculation i think another prelim will be going in :eek::D:eek:

Hmmm i think its a ploy... If cap 1 cough up my £450 incl the 8% then thats fine, as previously mentioned to you doo, the IVA 'we' have means anything more than 500 gets handed over andything less is mine to keep.. T's charges total £330 without calculatng interest..

Question... Have they deliberatley sent me the statements without being requested to put my claim over the £500? and therefore, although i will still benefit as my debts will come off the IVA, it means i hand it all over.

Hmm im a really suspicious person.. but if i calculate it as a seperate claim.. which it would be and it would come in under £500 without cci and if i think it will be given to IVA IP then i may as well go for CCI...

Hmmm decisions decision decisions... interesting situation huh

Fully see where you are coming from, however I did read on a cap one thread of someone that sent off for his statements and they sent his brothers as well, can't think who it was now. Like you though I am a suspicious person when it comes to financial institutions.

Don't really know about IVA - perhaps you could check this out. I suppose you could do a spready out of interest to see what CCI would bring you, it may pay a nice lump off for you, but then again if you need the cash let the buggers wait.

I always need cash doo... And the IVA is set anyway so I WANT MY MONEY BACK... :D

done calculations but at 8% 20 quid less than mine Prelim written and charges enclosed, willl be posted first thing in the morning... im gonna be late for work haha coz going to the post office in the vilage is more important lol

Plus coz i live in a village the post lady will say... you again with the banks steve.... lmao :D

im in my third year now out of 5 years.. im in the process of remortgaging to pay it off as they said to me last june they will take an offer of 25k..

Chelsea BS have offered me a mortgage which will cover it all and i just have to wait for the IVA to accept what they said they would take as an offer..

Chelsea have offerred me a mortgage at 6.25% which isnt bad when i have credit problems. Most lenders offer a much higher rate.

Hopefully within the month, the IVA bods have a tendancy not to rush to get offers to the table for the creditors, last attempt in June 06 fell though because of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter today from Cap one, usual rubbish 'it will take a while to look at your situation'.. LMAO.. they should know there on a flamin countdown lmao

They make me laugh, everytime I get a letter it takes about 10 days from date of letter to reach me. Your next letter will be the one offering you the difference between £20 old charge and £12 new charge. Just writing back again to refuse offer, meanwhile they have agreed to remove my default, am just waiting for it to show on credit file then its off to court.

LBA written tonight for posting tomorrow on my Cap One account... And on friday i will do the same for my wifes account... (we got statements seperately and almost a week apart)

For the pittence of £500 on each you would think they would just pay up rather than go through the hassle of paying extras by having to pay court costs... And these people are supposed to be inteligent lmao

Oh well :D

Retrieved my LBA to avoid to many letters, wife got a letter saying they had refunded some of her claim, yet i had a letter saying they were looking into mine.. Wrote one letter and posted it today on behalf of both accounts and refused their offer...

gave them 14 days to cough up on both accounts otherwise i will continue to MCOL next.

• 1 month later...

Update.... been a bit of petty bickering between Cap One and myself since LBA, there happy to refund to my account that went to IVA but not happy to send a cheque to the IVA people coz they dont see thats fair lmao... out of principle on the phone i said to them pay the charges to me or IVA or else... they said... 'take us to court'.. pity financially i havent been able to do that... until today.. so MCOL filed, IVA addressed as the ones to be paid... and sent all letters to IVA supervisor who have taken the matter up with Cap One for attempting to maintain 'my' windfall fromt hemselves which is in direct conflict witht he IVA which they signed up to!! Oh dear, i dropped em in the poo!!

28 days from today we shall see if payment is made...

• 4 weeks later...

MCOL filed on 23rd May, Acknowledged on 1st June. Now 22nd June still no defence filed, there 28 days from acknowledgment will be up soon... and still no news, have spoken to IVA and they havent heard anything either.. On a different note.. Halifax credit crads x 3 accounts, got a written warning from IVA for doing the same as Cap One are trying and they coughed up to them, which added the money to 'my estate' thay call it.