trouble getting statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'm trying to get hold of my past statements for an account with halifax which is now closed. i sent the dpa letter off and recieved a reply about 3 weeks ago stating that i would have the statements within 10 days but i havent!

i've phoned customer service but they cant do anything as the acct is closed. i have also been into mr branch but they say the same as well.

Who should i contact with regards to this? is there a phone number available?

Welly,

This sounds like a stalling tactic to me..

Did you quote the account number on your SAR..??

If you did, IMHO, then they still have 40 days in which to respond to your claim, this is the timescale set out in the Data Protection Act.

Click the link below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Point 1 states:

If you do not know the amount the bank has taken from you, then send the Data Protection Act request letter in the library Data Protection Act REQUEST (The bank can charge a maximum £10 fee for this by law - send it to stop any delaying tactics from the banks - if they don't use it then great - if they do, then fair enough - at least you'll be getting the rest of your money back).

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they refuse, or do not furnish you with the full information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - Information Commissioners Office – Information Commissioner's Office - for a breach of the Data Protection Act. We also have templated letters to force compliance through the courts - see the Templates Library.

My interpretation of this is that if they don't respond to your SAR (and send you the statements requested), then they are in breach of the DPA, regardless of whether the account is active or not - they still have the details on file as they are required to keep them for 7 yrs (i believe)

Hope my little bit of waffle helps..

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.