letter back from Norwich & Peterborough! Advice please?

hotrod tony
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter back from the Bank and i need to know if thy can do this?

Thank you for your recent letter

Whilst i am of the opinion that the proposal contained within my letter of 8 January was fair (offered half) . in the interest of the commerial expedience i can confirm that as a gesture of goodwill only i will authorise a payment of £### (this represents the refund of the paid/unpaid item charges that have been applied to your account since opening, less any charges that have been refunded previously) to be made to your account in full and final settlement of your complaint.

In addition, as you cannot agree to the terms and conditions of the account (including the advertised charge structure) your account will be closed on 7 march 2007 (this allows for 30 days notice as set out in the gold current account conditions and banking code) at which time the above mentioned credit will be applied to your account. by the date of closure, any overdrawn balance will need to have been repaid in full. any credit balance that remains on closure will be returned to you by cheque to the above address.

Please confirm your acceptance of the position set out in this letter by signing and returning the enclosed copy letter to me, within the next 14 days using the pre-paid evelope supplied. to prevent the risk of fraud and unauthorised use , we recommend that you cut these items in half prior to returning. in the event you remaindissatisfied in this matter please let me know and i will arrange for your complaint to be reviewed by our chief executive , Mathew Bullock

Yours bulr blur blur

can they close my account? I have tried to open another account with another bank but been rejected for some reason? can they let other banks know that i have filed for refund/

awaitng your advice guys.

All I want is to live a quiet life! ;)

I work hard but i also play hard!:o

Life is to be lived not regretted!:cool:

Don't Think about it....... Do It!:D

In the short term there's probably not much you can do to prevent them closing the a/c. However this is clearly retalitory and you should complain bitterly to the CEO and then escalate it to the FOS if only for a bit of revenge See here:

Account Closure: A & L Fined by FOS. How to Complain

Alliance and leicester fined by FOS for retaliatory account closure

In the meantime you need to sort out a new bank a/c. See here:

Do you need a parachute account?

Natwest and the Co-op, among others, can be applied for on-line.

Hi

have you checked the threads on the penaltycharges site. some of those who have received same/similar letter threatening account closure have phoned their banking operations manager. He has agreed not to close accounts of at least one of those claiming. worth a go.