1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeah - I suppose the flies gotta eat too, but even they get my sympathy when chomping on a plate full of 1st crudites.

:eek:

FOS just wrote saying they are dealing with my case against the crudites and to give them any more data if I want to.

The point is that the crudites have not honoured my CCA request properly with that bad scanned page and are still harrassing me saying they want me to pay up.

Anyone got a good letter to follow up the FOS complaint with in light of this?

I do not want FOS to let the crudites get away with this one.

DD, should I mention that I have also offered to pay to see the docs, if they exist, as in the last good letter you gave me to use?

Edited by questioner

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

something like this to FOS ?

-------

Thank you for your letter received today.

I have enclosed more copies to show that 1st XXXX have not honoured my s 78 CCA application after many requests to do so and have only presented me – time and time again with a badly scanned copy, which is basically illegible.

You will see also that they have admitted to the fact that they cannot honour my s78 request for easily legible docs and that the copy of something they have persistently sent to me is of “poor quality.”

As you will see I have written back to inform them that they are still in default until which time thaey can provide proper legible docs.

They however are still, as you will observe by their last paragraph, hounding me for “repayment by return.”

----------

lol. Is there such a thing as a born - again debtor DD?

I TELL YOU - YOU ARE READING MY MIND DD AS TODAY MY WHOLE ATTITUDE CHANGED DRAMATICALLY AND I FELT LIKE A WEIGHT HAD BEEN LIFTED OFF ME.

I for one cannot remain gloomy forever and want to simply live!

I KNOW THAT I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BUT YES - I THINK I WILL SURVIVE.

I am taking the fight to the enemy and thanks to CAB will give back more than I get now.

Bullies are not so tough when you tie them in knots are they. I aim to do what I can to destroy their ability to wreck families (legally of course.)

It also think it helps one's confidence to complain against them all too.

I am learning anyway and that's the vital thing.

xxxxxx

get the gloria gaynor record out then eh!

DD BB CRAPSTONE

You peps are life-savers and I can diig what you say CP about the troubles that this stress brings to families. Our has survived it but many don't.

I an not sitting on my hands though - I am writing complaints to others and I find this also helps to build confidence up.

The worst crudites have now had the DD letter to call their bluff over the CCA and BOS are aware they are in default on all accounts. Crudite Solutions are getting a nice complaint also.

Like I say folks - I am learning slowly so lets see what postie brings next.

DD - good luck in the wigwam. :grin:

PS DD, just a thought but what happens if the worst crudites do manage to produce a lovely shiny CCA doc and say ok - come and see it? I only ask as I would not know if it was a genuine article or not.

the first thing i would do is look up in the sky to the east....

the last time something like this happened there was a bright star there!

then i would go see and copy it

then if it was genuine i would plead poverty and offer them 5 quid a month or a quick F & F

Has anyone received the text from 1st Credit offering 30% off your account if you settle with them before the end of July?

I've not paid them a penny or corresponded with them for nearly four years, so they must be mad to waste their time with me!

they are far from mad- they know that the clock is ticking and only 2 years to go!!

30% of something is better than 100% of what they'll get in 2 years!!

Just a quickie - OH had a card with Citi. They sold it to 1st credit a while ago (I'm pretty sure it was done lock stock rather than them just managing it) who duly passed it on to Connaught to manage.

I CCA'd Connaught in about Sept/Oct. After a couple of weeks they said it was being passed to 1st Credit. After another couple of weeks they said it was being passed to Citi. I've heard nothing since.

I've just sent Connaught a reminder letter (it's only just occurred to me as we've had a rough few months and it slipped my mind), but I'm wondering if I should also send one to 1st Credit?

are you SURE it was sold to 1st credit by citi in the first place- sounds to me like they were just acting as debt collectors- otherwise why on earth would citi want to buy the debt back?

Yeah - I suppose the flies gotta eat too, but even they get my sympathy when chomping on a plate full of 1st crudites.

:eek:

FOS just wrote saying they are dealing with my case against the crudites and to give them any more data if I want to.

The point is that the crudites have not honoured my CCA request properly with that bad scanned page and are still harrassing me saying they want me to pay up.

Anyone got a good letter to follow up the FOS complaint with in light of this?

I do not want FOS to let the crudites get away with this one.

DD, should I mention that I have also offered to pay to see the docs, if they exist, as in the last good letter you gave me to use?

why not? attach a copy

why not? attach a copy

It is done!

Also keeping their mates at OFT up to battle speed over this one.

Is it possible to become utterly addicted to complaining about 1st crudites and other types of odious pond life?

Edited by questioner

It is done!

Also keeping their mates at OFT up to battle speed over this one.

Is it possible to become utterly addicted to complaining about 1st crudites and other types of odious pond life?

Errrr..yes!

Especially when it's free, apart from the odd stamp and a bit of copying. Make them work for their money and make your money work for you.

Copy all the relevant letters you have and use highlights and numbers to index your points in a covering letter. The one you posted sounds fine as you don't have to be an instant legal expert, that's the FOS' job. Don't hold your breath waiting for an outcome but they do keep you updated regularly on their progress.

Thanks Crapstone

I will keep you up to speed with what happens with this one and the rest.

I now only need a hint of trouble to get me complaining in.

I want to moan about Rubinson wee too about the way they hounded me for a debt that Crudite solutions had closed.

i hAve been dealing with 1st Credit for a while now with help from CAG. It's quite funny as they too keep sending 'edited' copies of an MBNA application form. However, they have recently set Connaught on to me.

They have sent a letter saying that they have been instructed by their client to recover this overdue amount.

As First credit are in default are they allowed to pass the debt on, even to a sister company? And shouldn't they send me a letter of assignment of the debt?

Edited by Nomore Baloney
atrocious spelling

i ahve been dealing with 1st Credit for a while now with help from CAG. It's quite funny as thyey too keep sending 'edited' copies of an MBNA application form. However, they have recently set Connaught on to me.

They have sent a letter saying that they have been instructed by their client to recover this overdue amount.

As firts credit are in defaultb are they allowed to pass the debt on, even to a sister company? And shouldn't they send me a letter of assignment of the debt?

They are NOT allowed to pass it to connartists. Report them to TS and the OFT.

B O ands Snot that took on the bank of scot accounts and have not managed to honour any CCA requests this bank just sent a Your Personal Loan Statement to me and my partner.

As you know from the 2 page scan (that only holds my name) a few pages back they gave me that copy of a largely illegible “application” form (according to DD). I told them they were in default and also in default over all the other accounts, which they have ignored my CCA requests for.

I cancelled standing orders to BO and Snot last month and yet on the statement from the bank they say that instalments are still going out. Does it take a while for them to stop or..?

The interest (about 30-4O- quid a month) on this lot has grown since 2006 when it allegedly commenced and now there is another thousand quid on this one account alone. Initially CAB asked them to halt interest but they seem to have ignored this. This all seems very wrong

I cancelled the payments last month, asked for a CCA and they are still banging on MEGA interest and not honouring the CCA requests properly. And I have told then it’s in dispute. .

I intend to now ask my bank (RBOS) why they are still paying my tokens to the Bank o S

All pretty confusing now.

ps Utter daylight robbery them banging on up to 42 quid a month interest on an accout that is paying a quid a month tokens too I believe.

Just thinking - should I tell Bank of scot that the account is in dispute? I have only said this to their strong arm BO and Snot who are handling the account. Maybe Bliar O and snot have NOT told the bank lads on the other side of the desk?

Edited by questioner

Just thinking - should I tell Bank of scot that the account is in dispute? I have only said this to their strong arm BO and Snot who are handling the account. Maybe Bliar O and snot have NOT told the bank lads on the other side of the desk?

Quite likely, they don't seem to talk to each other. Maybe there's a screen inbetween them or something?:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Quite likely, they don't seem to talk to each other. Maybe there's a screen inbetween them or something?:)

LOL.

:lol:

I have slips from my RBOS saying that the standing order was cancelled effective from 22 June yet the payment of a quid was received, according to the Bank of S, on 22 of July. Odd?

Another funny thing is that on a monthly basis the interest since last autunm on this account had dropped a quid per month from 43 to 36 quid - why?

Edited by questioner

As First credit are in default are they allowed to pass the debt on, even to a sister company? And shouldn't they send me a letter of assignment of the debt?

Maybe tell 'em ...................

I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to xxxxxxxxx for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as xxxxxxx cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities. If xxxxxx chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Tradings Collection Guidelines

I suggest that you demand that xxxxxxxxx must HONESTLY clarify this issue for you so that your company does not progress into yet more breaches over the current CCA regulations, which I may be forced to report to the governing authorities.

The onus is clearly on your company to address this issue rather than expect me to spend time, expense and inconvenience herein.

Yours faithfully

i hAve been dealing with 1st Credit for a while now with help from CAG. It's quite funny as they too keep sending 'edited' copies of an MBNA application form. However, they have recently set Connaught on to me.

you would only be " informed" (that is all they have to do) of an assignment if the debt had been assigned to someone else (and who was able to legally operate the account if still live)

There is nothing to stop a creditor selling your debt whether in dispute or not to someone else but the dispute goes with the debt to the new owner

so best to stick with dispute rather than serious dispute?

I want to learn

PS - as I asked before - do I have to write to bank of scot to tell 'em that the accounts being managed by BO and Snot are in dispute or not? Are they not supposed to tell their client, over the desk, what the hell is going on?

Edited by questioner

so best to stick with dispute rather than serious dispute?

I want to learn

PS - as I asked before - do I have to write to bank of scot to tell 'em that the accounts being managed by BO and Snot are in dispute or not? Are they not supposed to tell their client, over the desk, what the hell is going on?

it's no big deal but if (as i suspect) that there is no legal significance in it then it makes you look just that bit more knowledgeable when you write to them