Has Anyone Actually Been To Court??

richardl72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys/gals

Just after a bit of reassurance i guess....I've followed all the procedures correctly up to point so far as i know. I have refused 3 offers of settlement (none of them came near halfway what i claimed for) and filed a court case late last year. Since then i have had a variety of letters from Cobbetts themselves. On 30th Nov 2006 they sent a letter stating their intent to defend all of this claim. Then on 14th December they forwarded me a copy of the defendant's defence claiming "no admissions are made as to what charges have been debited to the claimant's bank account." (Should i have done this somewhere?) Then we both filled in our allocation questionnaires which they sent me a copy of theirs on the 3rd of January this year. I then heard from the court on the 19th January 2007 saying a court date had been set for 27th April. Since then nothing!! Is there something i need to be doing in the meantime?? All of done since i filed with the courts is fill in the allocation questionnaire. I don't want to get this far and then blow it after all the hard work. Is it just a matter of sitting back and waiting now?? What chance it actually goes to court?? Has anyone else actually been to defend their claim in court?? Is there a likelihood Cobbetts will get back before then with settlement in full?? OH the worries!!! Can anyone put my mind at rest please?

Yes someone did and lost against natwest in 2005, see the case that was posted on here, happy henry. Please note he did not use the CAG method and used a lawyer so do not worry.

Richard -

Did you file your spreadsheets, detailing the charges you're claiming back?

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Yep i calculated all the charges i am claiming back using the CAG spreadsheet pro forma that were provided. I've also kept a copy just in case for future reference.

How did you get on mmace and what kind of preparation did you do beforehand?? Have you got any advice that may be of use to those of us who may be in the same position shortly??