NI NO & Date of Birth? should they be disclosed?

mazamarie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother has filled in and sent a claim form through a local firm that are dealing with bank charges claims.

The form they got him to fill him requested his Bank Account Number, Sort Code, DATE OF BIRTH? and NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER?

Should they be asking for DOB & NI - I have got very worried on brothers behalf as I cannot see the relevance of this personal information in making the claim for bank charges!!!:???:

I'm worried that this could be a means of identity theft?:???:

(THATS WHY IM DOING MY OWN CLAIM)

Anyone with any Idea about this pleeese let me know!!

mazza

I can't see any reason why they would need his NI number or DOB? I suggest he contacts them immediately to tell them he doesn't want their help in claiming and to return/destroy his details. I could be wrong but I really can't think of any need for these details.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, tell him to pull out and come here, where it won't cost him a thing, and there's no chance of him running into this kind of problems!!!

I would be very concerned about giving out all this info to perfect strangers... Does he know if they're a reputable firm? Do they have insurance liability if he were to lose in court and have costs awarded against him? Are they even suitably qualified to do this? Or is this "company" just sending a couple of letters ripped from here and charging 15%? :-|

Hi,

Bro is away snowboarding in Austria this week so cant see how he can do anything until he comes back..

I acutally spoke to the company he is dealing with and asked them to send me out thier application form - I received it yesterday - they charge 25%! and want your NI number and Date of Birth!

I wish I knew if they were any good - but it just feels dodgy to me - Should I contact my brother A.S.A.P?., although he's on holiday? (spoil his holiday??)

:mad: Arghh

Maz

It does smell very fishy to me also.

If you have any doubts about the company, there is a complaints section on the CMR: Claims Management Regulations website.

Best Wishes

MoonHawk

I think it would be a good idea.

Mahatma Gandhi when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Advice & opinions of MoonHawk are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Lloyds TSB - Unlawful charges - Settled £8,807.68

Motor Help UK - Misrepesentation Act - Settled £111.25 (Thread Here)

Next Directory court action without a CCA for £605 - Settled & account closed (Thread Here)

CABOT - Can not produce CCA and refusing to accept it - In progress

Aktiv Kapital - Can not produce CCA and also refusing to accept it - In progress

Barclaycard - Can not produce CCA for an account of £2,000. After a long fight used CPR - Settled