• Tweets

• dont go near them bunch of scammers! ive removed ref. dx  
    • I used to post regularly in order to provide factual information (rather than advice) but got fed up with banging my head against a brick wall in so many cases when posters insisted black was white and I was writing rubbish. I have never posted anything which was untrue or indeed biased in any way.  I have never given 'advice' but have sought to correct erroneous statements which were unhelpful. The only username I have ever used is blf1uk. I have never gone under any other username and have no connection to 'bailiff advice'.  I am not a High Court Enforcement Officer but obtained my first 'bailiff' certificate in 1982. I'm not sure what records you have accessed but I was certainly not born in 1977 - at that time I was serving in the Armed Forces in Hereford, Germany (4th Division HQ) and my wife gave birth to our eldest.   Going back to the original point, the fact is that employees of an Approved Enforcement Agency contracted by the Ministry of Justice can and do execute warrants of arrest (with and without bail), warrants of detention and warrants of commitment. In many cases, the employee is also an enforcement agent [but not acting as one]. Here is a fact.  I recently submitted an FOI request to HMCTS and they advised me (for example) that in 2022/23 Jacobs (the AEA for Wales) was issued with 4,750 financial arrest warrants (without bail) and 473 'breach' warrants.  A breach warrant is a community penalty breach warrant (CPBW) whereby the defendant has breached the terms of either their release from prison or the terms of an order [such as community service].  While the defendant may pay the sum [fine] due to avoid arrest on a financial arrest warrant, a breach warrant always results in their transportation to either a police station [for holding] or directly to the magistrates' court to go before the bench as is the case on financial arrest warrants without bail when they don't pay.  Wales has the lowest number of arrest warrants issued of the seven regions with South East exceeding 50,000.  Overall, the figure for arrest warrants issued to the three AEAs exceeds 200,000.  Many of these were previously dealt with directly by HMCTS using their employed Civilian Enforcement Officers but they were subject to TUPE in 2019 and either left the service or transferred to the three AEAs. In England, a local authority may take committal proceedings against an individual who has not paid their council tax and the court will issue a committal summons.  If the person does not attend the committal hearing, the court will issue a warrant of arrest usually with bail but occasionally without bail (certainly without bail if when bailed on their own recognizance the defendant still fails to appear).   A warrant of arrest to bring the debtor before the court is issued under regulation 48(5) of The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 and can be executed by "any person to whom it is directed or by any constable....." (Reg 48(6).  These, although much [much] lower in number compared to HMCTS, are also dealt with by the enforcement agencies contracted by the local authorities. Feel free to do your own research using FOI enquiries!  
    • 3rd one seems the best option, let 'em default, don't pay a penny, nothing will happen, forget about all of this. As for Payplan don't touch them with a bargepole, nothing they can do that you can't, and they will pocket fees. A do it yourself DMP is pointless as it will just string out the statute barred date to infinity.
    • Because that’s what the email said. Anyway it’s done now. Posted and image emailed.    im doing some reading in preparation for defence but I will need my hand holding quite tightly by you good people.  I’m a little bit clueless
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCJ on Equifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just done a credit check with Equifax and found a CCJ on there through Northampton CCBC dated March 2005.

The CCJ is for exactly £100 which is a really odd amount and I have no idea who\what it is from. It is also registered at an address that I have not lived at for some years.

Does anyone know if there is a way of finding out what the CCJ is for? There is a ref number on Equifax which starts with 5QVxxxxx.

Any help would be appreciated as always!

I've just had the thought that as it's a previous address, by doing a search from your new address you will let it be known where you are.

I don't advocate debt avoidance, but I just thought I should point that out (as I'm a Gentleman :rolleyes: )

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Too late I am afraid, I have already had a couple of nasty shocks come back to haunt me from my student days, but thanks for the warning anyway.

It is the weird amount that is bothering me more than anything. £100 exactly sounds like a set fine or fee rather than just an unpaid bill.

Is there anyway of contacting the Northampton court directly to pay the bill? I preume that it has to go through the solictor's who put the claim in which obviously I don't know.

Can't decide wether to do the RTL search and see what it comes up with or just leave it and see if whoever put the claim in the first place cares enough to search for me, which would not be difficult. Either way I am stuck with it on my record for the next five years or so.

Is there no law that says the person you are claiming against has to be aware of the claim in the first place?

Grrr.

Ask the court to send you the case particulars, quoting that reference number which should be the case number. If it's a default judgment (it must be if you didn't know about it) you can probably have it set aside and re-tried but this will cost you £65. If it's a statutory fine you'll have to pay it so basically you can get it off Equifax for £165. If you just pay the bill/fine it will simply be marked as satisfied on Equifax, stay there and still wreck your credit score.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Right then...

I got through to the courts and they told me the CCJ was from the DVLA.

I phoned the DVLA and they said that it was for failure to re-tax a car that I had not owned for a couple of years. It seems that the individual I sold it to had not sent in the transfer document as he promised he would.

The weirdest thing is that they claim that I made a payment for the arears owed but failed to pay the actual fine and that is what the CCJ was for. Now I never made any sort of payment relating to that vehicle as i didn't even own it and did not know anything about the offence. I moved house at the same time as selling the vehicle so I guess the documents were being sent to my old address but then again I had been registered at my current address with the DVLA long before this went to court so don't understand why they would not have sent documents relating to me to the correct address.

The lady at the DVLA said that even if I re-open the case I am likely to still be found at fault as I had not informed the DVLA of the change of ownership so I end up stuck with a CCJ because a mate of a mate failed to send in the original documents.

Please help! Is this an SAR situation? If I can prove that I did not know anything about this and that the arears payment was not made by me do you think I have a case for getting it removed?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Maybe I should re-post this in a more relevant area.