UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You misunderstand - it is not just 0800 numbers, but ANY 'Special Services' number which includes all the variants 0800, 0845, 0870, 0500, 0808. It's all to do with the 'quirks' of the call set up process. The 'bigger' the customer, the need for a digital connection to the network - especially if they have multiple incoming lines (like ISDN 30). The number information is sent as part of the C7 signalling data as part of the call set up process. The data is directly viewable irrespective whether 141 is dialled beforehand, this simply sends a 'do not display' flag, which is ignored when wholesale calls are delivered.

So calls to Sky from lines that withhold their number are never a problem. They know who you are.

You misunderstand - it is not just 0800 numbers, but ANY 'Special Services' number which includes all the variants 0800, 0845, 0870, 0500, 0808. It's all to do with the 'quirks' of the call set up process. The 'bigger' the customer, the need for a digital connection to the network - especially if they have multiple incoming lines (like ISDN 30). The number information is sent as part of the C7 signalling data as part of the call set up process. The data is directly viewable irrespective whether 141 is dialled beforehand, this simply sends a 'do not display' flag, which is ignored when wholesale calls are delivered.

So calls to Sky from lines that withhold their number are never a problem. They know who you are.

Thats very interesting Buzby, thank you. It has answered a question that has been bugging me for ages.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

You mean the 'callback'? They 'accepted' mine quite happily for 10 years until they tried to charge me 'Invoice Fees'. It was me that terminated.

It is not commonly known that large users with digital connections get the full call data field. I would imagine that there would be some guideline somewhere that states they cannot make use of this data, but I believe the only reason they make any reference to 'no number withheld' calls is because if they didn't, people would start asking why they DIDN'T make an issue of it.

For further info, all phone lines have a capability to show TWO numbers, CLI the calling line identity, and CLIP the same, but a special 'presentation' number. For most domestic and small business lines, the CLI/CLIP data is identical. However businesses and certain other users show the number the WANT shown (perhaps an 0800 or 0870) or a dynamic one that shows the direct extension number of the person calling, even though this isn't the actual number of the line making the call.

With a C7 connection you can view both numbers, and for about 4 weeks the SkypeIn service was configured (wrongly!) to show the CLI number of the incoming call. This provided the actual line number - not the 0870 or other number the caller expected.

It was a shame they fixed it.

hello can someone please help,

i'm new to this site,this is my first post, i've been getting threatening letters from ukpc for a while now, i have been closely monitoring this site and it has been an excellent help/lift,so i have been replying basically saying send me proof that i was the driver and what funds are they claiming for when it was a free b&q car park, it has got to the point where they referred it to the debt collecting ageny, i referred them back to UKPC, now i have received a letter from "COLEMANS-CTTS SOLICITORS" of manchester,basically saying i have 7 days to pay up orthey are going to serve proceedings against me without further notice to myself as well as court charges and interest of 8%, I'M NOT GOING TO PAY THESE PARASITES, BUT IT IS STARTING TO SOUNG A BIT LEGAL TO ME,I'M PREPARED TO GO TO COURT, BUT IT HAS COME TO THAT TIME THAT I NEED SOME RE-ASSURANCE.

TA...

Hello Homebrew1971,

The first mistake you have made is contacting them - this must now cease immediately. Secondly, there are solicitors company's out there that buy massive portfolio's of debt - they then send out x number of letters and if just a small percentage pay then it has been successful. A solicitors letter adds no strength to their claim and it is virtually standard practice. You can do the math yourself - if a solicitor costs £150 per hour then how much time are they going to spend pursuing a parking fine. The answer is very little. It's a clever model because at each stage of the process the threat increases and more people pay. Those who don't pay are written off.

Occassionally, you will here a PPC is taking someone to court - this is nothing more than a demonstration of their potential to carry out the threat. It is not a sustainable business model for them.

So, in short stop communicating with them, ignore their letters and relax. The good news is that you are almost at the end of the process :) Chin up, if you need any more help then jump straight back on.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

agreed. Solicitor letter 'probably' worded correctly but may not be so always worth a look as the SRA beckons for naughty ones. I should point out that for these disputed PPC 'debts' that unless the original creditor ( assignor ) has given you a notice of assignment (Law of Property Act 1925 S.136) - then any debt sold to one of these collectors is not enforceable until the assignor does so. of course when its the usual phoney DCA this won't apply but for PPCs that use real DCAs it does. have a look here Debt collection: Recovering the debt through third parties. ever seen sold on 'debts' from PPCs that actually follow this ? No, of course not. a sure sign the DCA also knows its a [problem].

Edited by lamma

Here's a new twist for me.. anyone heard of or had any correspondence from ScotCall? I can't find a link to Rossendales, I assume they are just the latest bunch of chancers peddling the "Our field representatives will be making a doorstep call" routine. Do they think we are stupid? I look forward to a very short chat if the mythical Field Rep turns up :p

hello all again,

basically the letter says

they have been instructed by thier client to apply for my payment of £199.25 ( was £45 at the start) in relation to my outstanding account.

they go on to say they are unaware as to why this sum has not been paid,even though i have written to them to send me the proof of the contract that i have with them,and for the proof of who the driver was,

then accordingly,thier instructions are clear that unless they recieve my remittance within 7 days then they are therafter to issue and serve proceedings upon myself without further notice to me.

it all sounds SCARY!!!

what can anyone recommend, do i write to this solicitor company to state i have asked for information but they are unwilling to send it to me, or do nothing at all. ??

You LET THEM take you to court (if they dare). You can then tell the judge of the ongoing harassment for an invoice you neither agreed to or sanctioned. Your letters were ignored (nothing new there).

Just open, read and file their correspondence. They'll stop when they're sure you'll not buckle. The ONLY letter to respond to is one from the court itself, but the chances of that happening would be like winning the lottery...

hello all again,

basically the letter says

they have been instructed by thier client to apply for my payment of £199.25 ( was £45 at the start) in relation to my outstanding account.

Well they have applied for it so they have followed their clients instructions, doesn't mean they are getting paid though:)

they go on to say they are unaware as to why this sum has not been paid,

You would think alleged 'solicitors' would know a [problem] when they see one, unless of course they are involved:eek:

then accordingly,thier instructions are clear that unless they recieve my remittance within 7 days then they are therafter to issue and serve proceedings upon myself without further notice to me.

Yeah right:lol::lol::lol:

it all sounds SCARY!!!

what can anyone recommend, do i write to this solicitor company to state i have asked for information but they are unwilling to send it to me, or do nothing at all. ??

Ignore these muppets

regards

I hope you haven't been waiting in special for them. ;)

its been a little while, I hope you all been well and in good health.

Guys I was a bit confused by reading the above quote, do the Debt recovery come to your house to visit you,,,, Do they not have to take you to court before they can do this,,,,,is this something to be worried about.

I've just had my first letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (Recovery Investigation & Bailiff Services),,, RED bold headlines and etc

it gives me the usual threats

if you don't pay within 7 days then

* A county court judgement being issued against you

* An Attachment of earnings order

* Your personal erects being sold to pay the amount at judgement

Any court judgement last for 6 years and will survey affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

is this correct ,,,,can they do this affect your credit rating,,,

I'm not planning to pay ,,,,I am just concerned that they may send a big ugly man to house and start to harass me or my family while I'm around.

should I be worried ,,,,,don't all these thing happen after court proceedings,

Anyone please advise 8),,,and thank you for any advise

Hi All,

Not been around for quite sometime. It's been over a year I think since I got the junk mail on the windscreen.

Just a quick update.. The debt collection company was changed for mine, but they are being very persistant. Company now "ScottCall".. but the letters etc are all the same format, which I presume was probably due to some other swindle, like some tax evasion or something they are doing behind closed doors.

On the debt collecting front... I've burnt out the kettle waiting for the "debt collector" to come around. Every month he's coming "immediately", or in SEVEN DAYS.

I still get letters about once a month, latest one says that I should pay or they will give it back to their client in SEVEN DAYS.. Not sure what the threat actually is in that :)

So, apart from tons of threatening letters saying the same thing about the famous SEVEN DAYS until doom, i'm kinda bored with them now.

I wonder if I'll get more exciting stuff from "the client" aka UKPC, aka the debt collector's brother/nephew, or whatever.

its been a little while, I hope you all been well and in good health.

Guys I was a bit confused by reading the above quote, do the Debt recovery come to your house to visit you,,,, Do they not have to take you to court before they can do this,,,,,is this something to be worried about.

I've just had my first letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (Recovery Investigation & Bailiff Services),,, RED bold headlines and etc

* A county court judgement being issued against you

* An Attachment of earnings order

* Your personal erects being sold to pay the amount at judgement

Any court judgement last for 6 years and will survey affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

I'm not planning to pay ,,,,I am just concerned that they may send a big ugly man to house and start to harass me or my family while I'm around.

should I be worried ,,,,,don't all these thing happen after court proceedings,

Hi. Its nonsense. It has to go to court (it wont), then a judge has to decide in the PPCs favour. If successful then the CCJ etc comes into play. Baliffs only become involved if you are judged against and then only after you cannot/do not pay.

Edited by DDWales
spelling

NO

:lol::lol::lol: What a bunch of muppets

Your personal erects being sold to pay the amount at judgement

According to my wife they wouldn't get much for mine!!!!!

NO

should I be worried

NO

Do what most of us do, just have a laugh at their expense.

regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks