UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off a letter of appeal to contest the fine, as in my view, the responsibility for ensuring the signage was clearly visible to the car park users, lies with the parking contractors and not the drivers.

I got a letter from UKPC saying in effect that the appeal had been rejected, and a week later another letter saying that I now have to pay the full amount of £70 or else....

WHAT, UKPC rejected your appeal? I am in a total state of shock:eek:

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After only one week since the last Rossendales Collect letter, we have received a second:-

"Client: Uk Parking Control Limited - Churchill Recovery Debt

Dear ....

You have failed to respond to our previous letter. This may result in either legal action being commenced against you or a visit from a doorstep collector. If legal action were to be taken, your debt would increase in respect of court fees and legal costs.

TO PREVENT THIS MATTER PROCEEDING TO COURT YOU SHOULD MAKE PAYMENT IN FULL NOW

If we do not hear from you within 7 days from the postmark on this letter, collection procedures will continue.

CALL 0845 644 4499 (Local Rate)

Yours sincerely

Paul Lee

Collections Department"

This is new to me, how did Churchill Recovery Debt become involved? And who are they? And do we care??

I assume their 'collection procedures' are to continue letter writing, LOL

Paul Lee is mentioned in this letter, whereas the previous one from them was from Sue Bridge in the Legal Department.

More info next week for you I guess.....

its just the usual paper. Churchill do it for a percentage in on the basis that some people will believe or be scared of the rubbish they send.

I just googled Churchill Recovery and visited the website. Would you believe it... right at the top is a login for Rossendales! I doubt whether they get a percentage, I suspect it's just another front for the same people.

Here's the latest wheeze folks, I had the Churchill "we coming to get ya letter", bags of red as our previous friend has just received. But the little tinkers have hit on a new innovation, this time from Rossendales but in a strange pay packet type envelope with tear off strips down 3 sides. You open it by tearing open the tear offs (obviously:)) and when you unfold it you get another fire and pestilence note about court and credit rating but wait a minute are they softening???.... they sign off with "We are hear to help".... they obviously forgot the rest of the sentence which goes "lighten your walet by £130:)" God loves a trier!

Thought I would share my current UKPC situation, looks like some of you thrive on their failures, as do I :)

So far I have had the initial UKPC charge letter, the second UKPC which is rather more.....frightening(??). I was then left disappointed for a good few weeks which was lifted due to...

...receiving my first Rossendales Collect letter. I would just like to point out that any professional, especially a legal professional, who writes a letter containing spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and actually a sentence which does not even read correctly is quite hillarious. 'Sue Bridge', you are an embarrassment to your trade.

I do enjoy a good fight with [problematic] so a week or so ago, I decided to call Rossendales up to see what they could offer. They did not dissappoint. I was fortunate enough to get put through to a chavvy bint who ended up hanging up on me but not before constantly talking over me during the phone call. If you read this, I know you are only 18 but your 5 year old twins would not be proud of Mommy right now.

I have confirmed in my own mind that what I already suspected, UKPC and their 'partner companies' consist of a bunch of unprofessional scumbags who try very, very hard to uphold some kind of professional image.

I will be making no further contact with them but I still do have one hope, that they take me to court, would be quite exciting!

after a couple of quiet weeks i have received a 'FINAL WARNING' letter from graham white solicitors.

here is some of the text...

TAKE NOTICE that despite many attempts to obtain payment from you, you have chosen to withhold settlement of the amount stated above.

We have already fulfilled all legal requirements in relation to commencing litigation.

If you are in any doubt as to the seriousness of this situation you should seek independent legal advice, as the consequences of litigation can be far-reaching, such as:

- Substantial legal costs and statutory interest being added to your debt

- Your name being listed on the Register of Judgements affecting your chances of further credit in the future

- Seizure of your assets by Bailiffs

- An order to obtain information from judgement debtor

It is your responsibility to repay this account to us immediately, and we put you on notice that we shall refer the matter in seven days.

Please be assured this matter will not go away without solution or resolution.

If you do not wish to incur the consequences of Court Action, you must pay the amount claimed immediately. If you cannot pay the full amount, or you have a valid defence to this claim, you should call this office without further delay.

i actually received a call from them or roxburghe or whoever it might be a couple of days ago. i told them i have already contacted ukpc via a letter (which i haven't) and that i will not discuss this matter any further with them. i told them to go back to ukpc. i also told them i had seeked independent legal advice and that i was recording the call. the woman seemed to panic a little and told me i couldn't use the call in court as evidence because i didn't tell her i was recording at the beginning of the conversation.

funnily enough, my previous debt to them of £142.25 doesn't seem to have been mentioned and in this latest letter sent to me today it is only £70!

so is this definitely the last letter i will be receiving from them? or will i be issued with a final final letter first?

This does seem like the end of the line for you. The fact that the invoice has decreased from £142.25 to £70 says it all really. They are desperate for your money and by dropping it by 50% think you will pay up. But you know otherwise!!:D Take care

Hi, please can anyone help me with advice. I have received a parking charge from UKPC, my vehicle was parked in one of their car parks. I was visiting a friend at the time and had placed a permit on the dashboard of the car. When I returned to the car in the morning I had a notice attached to the windscreen.

The permit had was on the centre console of the car which I can only imagine blew there when we shut the car doors. I have sent copies of the permit to UKPC along with several letters, their last reply said that they still require payment which is now £90 and if I dont pay they will refer me to their debt collecting agency.

Do I have a case and what should I do?

Thanks You

i also told them i had seeked independent legal advice and that i was recording the call. the woman seemed to panic a little and told me i couldn't use the call in court as evidence because i didn't tell her i was recording at the beginning of the conversation.

Private citizens can record their own calls and use them as they require for their own benefit. Companies must, however, inform you if they intend to record the call I believe.

Hi, please can anyone help me with advice. I have received a parking charge from UKPC, my vehicle was parked in one of their car parks. I was visiting a friend at the time and had placed a permit on the dashboard of the car. When I returned to the car in the morning I had a notice attached to the windscreen.

The permit had was on the centre console of the car which I can only imagine blew there when we shut the car doors. I have sent copies of the permit to UKPC along with several letters, their last reply said that they still require payment which is now £90 and if I dont pay they will refer me to their debt collecting agency.

Thanks You

Stop communicating with them at all

Do not ring them

Do not write to them

Do not reply to any of their letters

Oh - and as for using recordings in court, if the firm was not advised at the time that you did (or routinely) recorded your calls, you could not supply it as evidence without a judge ruling it was admissible. However, I'm not aware of this being reasonably refused.

Private citizens can record their own calls and use them as they require for their own benefit. Companies must, however, inform you if they intend to record the call I believe.

Not absolutely.

A private individual can record his/her telephone calls without informing anybody, but the recordings must not be disclosed to a third party.

This is why the court would need to rule such a recording admissible if the individual wished to present it.

Originally Posted by Nessywood

Thanks You

Stop communicating with them at all

Do not ring them

Do not write to them

Do not reply to any of their letters

Start your own thread Nessywood, but in the meantime heed the advice. Ignore them and their unenforceable invoice. You're wasting your time contacting them - they're a private company and won't turn down profit. Ignore ignore ignore. It's a [problem] remember.

getting the recording into court would not be a problem. but this will never get to court as we all know.

It COULD be, so it's best not state that there's no issue. The judge will rule (usually after hearing it) and will decide whether it can be used. I do agree, however the chances of it coming to court are so slim as not to be worth bothering about.

I have recieved several letters from these b******* now and its making my blood boil :-x and my dad is getting on my nerves to pay it.

They say that i have to pay by 20th Feb otherwise the debt collection agency will get involved.

TBH, i dont give a f*** if they called the army lol... but this is getting out of hand, i feel like knocking the crap out of this company. I have asked to speak to their appeals manager and asked for a contact number, do you think they will give me it???

I am trying to keep my cool n hav told my dad to leave it to me. I have told him about the things on here and the one thing that gets me is that it was his fault i got into this mess.

But alll i gotta say is JUST BRING IT!!!!

I have asked to speak to their appeals manager and asked for a contact number, do you think they will give me it???

For goodness sake, WHY?

Why you would want to 'appeal' their invoice - which has no legal standing, other than they hope to intimidate you into paying it. When you respond, you play right into their hands. There will be around 8 letters in total, possibly more because you've been in contact with them. After that, it's life back to normal.

Just treat them with the contempt they deserve. There's little point busting a blood vessel, be cool man...!

Hi all

I'm new to this site, but could do with some advice regarding a ticket i got from UKPC for "parking in a disabled bay without displaying a valid permit." This was in my local TESCO carpark. now i did park in this space but was unaware it was a disabled bay as the rest of the carpark is parent and child, which is why i parked in the area as i had my daughter with me. i was going to appeal to them regarding the lack of eye level disabled bay signs. but after reading this thread im wondering if it is worth it.

Any advice please.

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks