Morgan Stanley sold debt to Aktiv Kapital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I have a cc debt with Morg Stanley which l have been disputing as it contains unlawful charges. I sent a CCA request some time ago and have received only an (unsigned by MS) copy of my application form. No statement of account, nothing more.

They also refused full refund of charges and l let this ride for a while as it's their problem if they don't comply with the law.

However, MS have now sold my debt to Akitiv Kapital who are corresponding thru their 'collecting agent' Thames Credit Ltd, adding interest to the debt and demanding full payment.

My questions are :-

Do l write to MS telling them that the debt is unenforceable or do l write to Thames/Aktiv telling them they have bought an unenforceable debt?

If l want to do an SAR, do l send this to MS or Aktiv?

Do l need to issue a new CCA request to Aktiv/Thames or is the original request - not complied with by MS while they owned the debt - sufficient to make this uneforceable?

Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.....thanks....Valdez

You should write to MS pointing out that as they have not yet complied with your CCA request, the pursuit of the debt is not permitted by Law. Ask them to inform the DCAs of this fact, and also when you can expect to receive

the documents requested.

Don't make any mention yet of criminal offences etc. just keep it low key

for the moment. Give them enough rope............

When did you send the cca?

You will need to send the sar to MS since they will know what charges

were levied.