Capquest and Amex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

to cut a long story short I had an amex card over 5 years ago, maybe slightly longer. Paid it off ( or so i thought) and haven't heard anything from amex in over 5 years.

About 3 weeks ago out of the blue I got a letter from capquest saying i owe the nearly £700 and they have bought the debt off amex. I rang them to say there was no debt to pay as far as i was aware. ( I no longer have any paperwork after 5 years and there has been no contact from amex at all). The other day I got a letter telling me that because i hadn't responded to the first letter that they were going to send the baliffs around and that the worth of what they collect will only be worth 10% of it's true value against the debt. Consequently I sent then a cca request by recorded delivery and await the response. Is it worth sending a SAR to amex or should i wait for the response from capquest?

good for you-sending them the CCA request.

First thing is to write to your local Trading Standards Office complaining

that CQ are threatening sending bailiffs round and scaring the wits out of you,

when they have not even taken you to Court yet. Nor even established if it is you who owes the debt. Before sending the letter to TS, get hold of your credit file and see what is listed under the Amex account.

If it is showing a £700 debt, send the sar to Amex.

Have just read my credit report.......and there is a reference for Amex

Default balance £29

Current balance £694

Defaulted on 9/11/2001

File updated for period to : 07/01/07

Am I right in thinking I need to send a SAR out to Amex....I'm interested as to why I've had no contact from them all these years and why my balance has increased by £665......I'm sure I could have cleared £29 pounds worth of outstanding balance...even then.....hmmmm

No mention of capquest on my credit report....would they appear? Is it a good sign or not? Any help is gratefully received. :)