www.lxdirect.com

s1h
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so this afternoon I was told that on this site they were selling Toshiba A100 Laptops for £129. The RRP is around £579 it was marked up wrong.

I went onto the site like probably a lot of other people and bought a couple. I have not had a confirmation email yet.

I am just wondering whether they have to honour the price or not? And if I will get them at that price.

I am just wondering whether they have to honour the price or not? And if I will get them at that price.

Sorry, shastie; if it's a genuine mistake made when it's been put on the site, they don't have to honour the price. You'll probably find something in their T&Cs about if errors are made when putting stuff up on the site.

Happened to me with Amazon. They are well within their rights to remove the item from sale and not offer it at that price

Do a quick Google search for the term "invitation to treat" and how it applies to the sale of goods for more information.

All that said, you may get lucky, but, sadly, I doubt it. I notice they've already corrected the price.:Cry:

OB

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

No, they won't have to sell it to you I'm afraid.

Until they confirm that they have accepted your offer to buy, there is no contract anyway.

Even if there was a contract they could argue that there has been a mistake and this is a vitiating factor in contract law (makes the contract voidable). Your defence would be that the mistake was not obvious and therefore should not void the contract. However - as you bought more than one they could press the fact that this shows that you knew that the price was a mistake and this would strengthen their case.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

A similar situation occurred last year with the Abound catalogue (same group of companies) selling a £599 Samsung Pro 815 camera for £289.43.

The OP of this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-stores/8778-abound-catalogue.html had ordered one on credit terms but had their order canceled, whereas I and a friend had ordered using the credit terms catalog number but paid up front and received our cameras within 2 days of ordering.

A confirmation email is not a binding contract, whereas if the amount has been debited from your card the contract is then binding as they can be deemed to have accepted your offer to purchase, although they are sure to find a way of rescinding the contract.

If you manage to get the laptops at the price originally stated then good luck and well done, although their website now states £579.00 as the price.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

What kind of a mickey mouse company are littlewoods?

They take the money from my card! In fact they still have it at the moment and then say they won't honour the purchase.

This is unbelievable, not only that I just rang them up and got through to a woman gave her my account details and she started talking to me about the account no Data protection questions! I challenged her about this and she said she had asked me a data protection question. I asked her what it was and she said my account number! I offered her the account number and anywy surely an account number is not a DPA question. Wouldn't give her name either which means she knows she is in the wrong.

Called back to speak to someone with more sense and spoke to another lady who told me 2 different things, first she said it had been refunded to my card on the 1st then she changed it to the 31st. They didn't even take the money till the 1st so how they could have refunded me before I paid I don't know. The money is not back in my bank account yet either.

This whole thing is a shambles I want to complain and write to the chief executive etc.

Can anyone help me with a contact name/ address and some ideas on what I can write.

Thanks