abra15 v BoS

abra15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i just want to check a couple of things.

do i make the summary cause claim for 1500. and then say i want interest on top of that or allow for interest?

and on the list i send with the claim do i include the amount of interest or just charges and they work out the interest?

sorry is these are stupid questions i just don't want to get it wrong

You make a claim for the £1500 PLUS expenses and interest at the judicial rate(8%)

You have to work out the interest(using the spreadsheet on moneysavingexpert.com) See link:

Bank charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

Once you have done this spreadhseet(don't worry the spreadsheet does everything for you, does take a while though!), include a printout with your court forms. This spreadsheet works out the interest portion of your claim. Just make sure the amount of charges stay below £1500. The interest and your court costs go on top of this.

There is a sticky at the top of the Scotland board that tells you what to enter into the court form.

Does this help???

Using page D87 of release 60;May 2001 where it defines Summary causes as

1(a) actions payment of money not exceeding £1500 in amount (exclsive of interest and expenses)

Page D86/3

Can send you copy of this if it helps.

Also have one for sammm claims definition

i sent a letter threatening to take them to court,they sent a letter saying a response would be issued before 28 days which they sent offering £6663 ,i phoned twice and got £800 account maintenance added then phoned again and asked for £600 interest ,they gave me £300 so i accepted ,i did it in one claim,i have emptied the bankl and closed the account