Credit Reference Agencies

miss_CORErupted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you want to check your credit file with any of the credit reference agencies, go to any of their website:

Equifax: Online Credit Reports and Credit Reporting from a Leading Credit Agency: Equifax

Experian: Credit Reports: Get your Credit Report from Experian UK

Callcredit: Credit report information for consumers - Callcredit

The statutory paper copy of your credit file can be sent to you at home for £2. place the order at their website or get their telephone number from their website and call them.

They may want to sell you other stuff but insist you need only the statutory paper copy in the post. It should arrive in about 5-7 working days.

Hope these help.

has anyone else come across this website

annualcreditreport.co.uk – a free credit report every year, no credit card details required

came across it when googling and sounds a bit good to be true

This site is recommended by Marting Lews on his money saving website. Can't be that bad if he's recommending it.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

just checked Martin Lewis website and he doesn't recommend them

he says u should sign up for the full free trails get the report then cancel straight after (made me giggle)

here's his article Check and improve your Credit Score | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more,

took your advice and ordered all 3!!!

they really don't want u order it do they?? they want u to spend on the more expensive ones

any way fingerscrossed that all is alright, i might need some help interpreting them when they arrive

Don't worry. The information will be simple to understand. If you need help this site is at your disposal.

Good luck

I hope you know that there is a difference between claiming back your charges from your bank and requesting your details from the Credit Reference Agencies.

These are two separate issues and they require separate approaches.

Good luck

The following links maybe useful:

Step-by-step instructions

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html?highlight=library

Contact details of banks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31052-contact-details-banks.html

yeh i do

I'm just hoping the CRA will include a list of who i had cards with cause i can't remember all of them (i'm a rate tart)

And when i closed the accounts i tend to shred the statmements etc

tihs was before i came across this site. i will never be doing it again!!! keep everything now is my motto

i've just recived my 1st reportthis is of equifax.

from what i can make out if had 5 searchs in about 10 months, i recongise the names is this a lot???

i think i worked it my credit agreements are just over 3 pages long

i've got 1 defualt showing foe 47 quid with o2 online

i had problems with this company from the start, i could never get in contact with them to cancel my contract, i wrote and rang constantly for 2 months so in the end i just cancelled the dd, this got there attention and they sent me a final demand which i paid!! so i suppose i need to get this sorted

I'm going to work though everyone i had a credit agreement with and if i thnik they did charges on me do isend a SAR???

Worked thorug my fist credit report

i've highlighted 5 things 4 cc and O2 saying i defaulted on my contract!!

Also they say i'm finaclly linked to my boyf what doeas this mean??

we don't live together and have completly seperate finaces, he's also really bad with money so i don't really want that on my report

If there is no urgency send a SAR to each of them.

02 are appalling when it comes to defaulting consumers, at the drop of a hat comes to mind.. Send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) & when you receive that follow it with a Data Protection Act s10 telling them to stop processing & remove the data they have on you including the default. Follow that with an s10 to all of the 3 CRA's stating the same.

As for your BF have you or he ever made a joint purchase of any kind. If not write to the CRA's stating there is no link. Also demand to know who claimed as much

Guest ian cognito

I signed up for this, doesn't give you a full free credit report, neither does checkmyfile.com - Credit reference, Credit file, Credit score which also claims to, but for a fee, it appears the only way you can get a full credit report is by applying to the individual agencies.

That info was for anyone else who comes along to read this thread - obviously as you already have yours!

Good luck.

just got credit report back from eqifax

has been done for an address at house i've never lived at it's a few doors done from me, so i want that off for a start

this one seems to have a lot more on here although the O2 thing isn't showing.

it does remind me that i had some catalouges a few yrs ago, these are payed off in full but i did get a couples of payments behind, i can't remember if they do penalty charges, avon def do

Can you claim penalty charges back from catoalogues etc??

PS. sent SAR to egg (my oldest credit card)

sent SAR to O2 To get defalut of my name cause i def paid them

and see if they do penalyt charges

sent SAr to natwest to strat the ball rolling on my penalty chargs

there also