Bigjohnk v RBOS ***SETTLED IN FULL***

bigjohnk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got confirmation of delivery on Thursday.....not heard anything yet!!!

Did you get letter or e-mither?

John

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

Letter. Usual guff about my claim is being investigated etc. I'm surprised you haven't even had a standard reply yet.

I think Sandy's first job before his morning brew must be to scrawl his initials across a shedload of these letters ready to post out. I'm only guessing here, but I reckon the next stage in the whittling down process will be to see who actually follows up on their prelim. The postman for South Gyle Crescent must need a wheelbarrow.

Seahorse

Still no reply!!!......the clock's still running!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

I recieved a letter from Sandy Watt this morning offering to settle for £2061!!! Not bad as I only claimed £1900!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

I recieved a letter from Sandy Watt this morning offering to settle for £2061!!! Not bad as I only claimed £1900!!!

:lol: :lol: Bet that was a mistake on their part, they keep getting figures wrong in letters, looks like your has gone the right way!! Too bad for them, but well done to you!! Continue to your timescale until the money is cleared though8-)

Congratulations!!

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.

Result!!!!!! Are you accepting then????? :D

I'll have a think about it...............acceptance letter was posted at 11.15 this morning!!:D

RBOS - Settled in Full

How do I change the thread title to show I've won?

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 months later...

Royal Bank of Scotland

Got all the statements etc and had letters ignored by the branch - did not sign for recorded deliveries.

Did claim to head office.

Eventually took RBS to court and they put in notice that were defending. Just after this they offered the amount owed but not interest or court costs (which included MCOL charges and transfer to local court). Telephoned and they said they should not have made an offer.

Got requests from Cobbetts on behalf of RBS - some of information requesting was stuff that RBS should have been providing me.

Got court date at my local court

Three weeks later received cheque for total amount owed with two conditions - one of which is that I do not share the information with a third party.

They were settling the claim because it would cost them more to defend the case than it was worth - the court had allocated a 15 minute hearing and I received over £4k

All I can say is dont be put off by the threat of court - it is just a negotiating/threatening/bullying tactic.

Signed: Anon!!