• Tweets

• Ok about a year ago i was summonsed to court for a speeding offence, long story short it wasn't me that was driving the vehicle, and i successfully proved that i had not received any paperwork (the reason it went to a summons) because there is a problem with our address, i live at number 7, yet when you look online to enter our address for anything you have 7, 5-7 and 7-9 on our street, one is my address and two are businesses.  The court ruled that there was an issue, and agreed i did not receive any paperwork (aside from me not being the driver) anyway i thought it odd that i never received anything in the post to say that, but they are the courts so i assumed everything would be in order. Now just recently i have been using family members vehicles to get to work and have been insuring the vehicles on a temporary basis. Recently when using a comparison website i would get results and then when i went to make payment it would not let me advance, i had tried this on numerous sites and the same happened, i assumed that it would have been because i have used to many temporary insurances and it may have flagged for whatever reason. So i went to check my license online, and i cant view it, it states below, i called the DVLA and they can not view any details either and have said they will need to raise a case internally to find out what has happened.  My wife and brother seem to think that the courts have screwed up not informed the DVLA of anything, hence i was banned. But surely it wouldn't have taken so long for me to stop being able to insure my vehicle on a temporary basis until just now?? Please can anyone assist as im worried sick now and ive done absolutely nothing wrong, i need my license for my job. It has not been possible to display/match your driving licence. For further information regarding your driving licence details write to: Central Casework Group, Drivers Enquiries, DVLA, Swansea, SA6 7JL
    • why waste money on scammers? all you need in law is to prove something was sent. use a 2nd class stamp and get free proof of posting from any po counter. dx  
    • Tracked is NOT necessary. 1st or 2nd class will suffice. Just make sure you obtain free proof of posting and KEEP IT SOMEWHERE SAFE...
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

yay101 Vs HSBC - ****WON****

yay101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was slightly sceptical of this whole thing, boyf got his money back from Halifax so I thought, why not have a go!

AMOUNT CLAIMED £1491.97 (inc. Court fees)

Initial Letter sent - 21/11/2006 - No response:mad:

LBA sent - 05/12/06 - No response:mad:

MCOL filed - 20/12/06

MCOL Acknowledged - 26/12/06

Defence - 28/12/06

Letter received from HSBC 05/01/07 in response to my LBA (:eek: 10 years later!) disagreeing and enclosing Ombudsmans leaflet.

Allocation Questionnaire received and case transferred to local court. Deadline of 07/02/07 given to return AQ - 20/01/07

Know a couple of people who have been successful so we know it works, but was hoping to have received an offer sooner. HSBC have given some offers to people I know before they have even got to this stage and they are for twice the amount that I am claiming! Does anyone know why this is? I am assuming it may be because they are current customers and I am an ex customer??

Whats the likeliness of me getting this money before the deadline of 07/02/07 for me AQ?

When will I be :lol: ?

I need something to cheer me up this Jan!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was slightly sceptical of this whole thing, boyf got his money back from Halifax so I thought, why not have a go!

AMOUNT CLAIMED £1491.97 (inc. Court fees)

Initial Letter sent - 21/11/2006 - No response:mad:

LBA sent - 05/12/06 - No response:mad:

MCOL filed - 20/12/06

MCOL Acknowledged - 26/12/06

Defence - 28/12/06

Letter received from HSBC 05/01/07 in response to my LBA (:eek: 10 years later!) disagreeing and enclosing Ombudsmans leaflet.

Allocation Questionnaire received and case transferred to local court. Deadline of 07/02/07 given to return AQ - 20/01/07

Know a couple of people who have been successful so we know it works, but was hoping to have received an offer sooner. HSBC have given some offers to people I know before they have even got to this stage and they are for twice the amount that I am claiming! Does anyone know why this is? I am assuming it may be because they are current customers and I am an ex customer??

Whats the likeliness of me getting this money before the deadline of 07/02/07 for me AQ?

When will I be :lol: ?

I need something to cheer me up this Jan!

I am in the same boat

I have had no reply from any of my letters

I filed my MCOL on 21/12/06 this was acknowledged on 29/12/06

this was the first response i had from them

Have had a letter dated 29/12/06 to say they were investigating my claim

but no sign of any offer and no further letters

They have now entered a defense and the deadline for my allocation questionaireis 06/02/07

Your theory about current and ex customers is wrong as i am still a current customer and we have been treated the same

Have you sent your schedule of charges over to DG solicsters

If not do it monday

then chase it up with a call to make sure they have got it a few days later

at this stage we have to keep reminding them we are here, they might get fed up and gives us our money

I do think we will have an offer before our deadline

Just read all the threads on this site

You dont read about anyone not getting their money

hi, jan, glad you got your thread started. we've been watching for a while now and can figure no rhyme or reason as to who gets offers earlier in the process and who doesn't. seems quite random. but i will say there is a pattern and currently - due to the heavy load of claims - the offers from dg used to come much sooner - they mostly come now just before the aq is due to be filed - sometimes after. so, our goal at this point is to get an offer before the aq is due (even though you aren't paying) as this just lets them string it out more. so, did you send you breakdown to dg as i suggested in the other thread? ok,then on monday - ring to see if it has been received. i love this one - check out this approach:

Me V Hsbc - he was at your stage and just started sending a fax of his breakdown everyday! and got an earlier offer and he thinks it was just to get him to stop. that makes me laugh. whatever works. i'd say ring them, see what they say, then ring back a day or two later asking if you will be hearing from them soon, then ring back a day or two later and ask if there is anything you can do to help them facilitate an offer. just stuff like that - making sure you keep your on the top of the pile. it won't be long now - i think you'll see an offer fairly soon. here are some threads to h elp with the aq in case it should need to be filed;

Allocation questionnaire

Frequently Asked Questions

Allocation Questionnaire - N149 on-line PDF Version

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n149_1105.pdf

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

Allocation Questionnaire - Draft directions order

New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

Hi, thanks for the support guys!

I have sent schedule of charges recorded delivery. I have also faxed this morning to them as well.

What about emailing info to DG? I have found an email for D D'Aubney on this forum, however am unsure if I should use this??

Also I know where they are and could hand deliver my schedule of charges with no inconvience to myself- is this reccomended, I want to keep on top of them! I might hand deliver a batch of letters......?

Any comments?!

Cheers!

I got fed up of waiting so hand delivered on my lunch! I also faxed schedule 3 times, admittantly (forget the spelling!) by mistake, so they will have no excuse not to get back to me!

I will hand over another letter tomorrow lunchtime and this time ask for a receipt and then call on Friday to chase!

Could do with the cash! Come on, pay uuuppp.....you know you're gonna!

Not wanting to get too cocky!! I will chill out for a bit know, think I might be obsessing slightly............

Hey, i'm in the same boat too - check my thread , my defence was filed on 16th and the only communication i have had was the 10 years too late letter form HSBC. i have sent my schedule over to D+G 6 times and has 2 confirmations it s being dealt with but that was lst week.

Do you think they are devising a new means of keeping our money from us ?

PAY UP PEASE, i would watch my thread if i were you as i am a few days ahead i guess whatever heppens with mine will happen with yours too !

Cheers & Good luck !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/39182-eades-hsbc.html

I have no debt , but i cant get any credit : (

Hi,

I am looking for those who have a dealine for AQ around 1st week of Feb so I can see how the contact with DG is going/when offers made.

My AQ is due on 7th Feb and I want to see what is happening to people in a similar boat to me.

Thanks Guys.

x

Hi

Advice needed - I have requested my charges etc... and am at the stage where I await to file the AQ.

I had a previous debt with HSBC for a credit card which was a seperate account. This was unpaid and resulted in a default and was over 6 years ago and has since been cleared of my credit history record (last time I checked this was sept/oct 2006).

I have now had a letter from a debt collection agency stating that that debt was sold to them in May 06 and they now want the money.

Is this a ploy to get me not to pursue my claim? This debt was not entered as a defense and as far as I was aware was over 6 years old and that they could no longer pursue? Is this correct??

Also this is regarding a seperate account so I am assuming it should have no bearing on what I am claiming under my old current account??

Can someone advise me please urgently!!:-o:-x

Yeah,

Called DG today (felt brave) and got through to Deborah who advised she was not dealing and transferred me through to a Rachel's voicemail so I left a message and then called back and left a message for Deborah on her voicemail.

Help needed! - please see my other thread started today.

x

Help :o,

I had a unpaid credit card debt with a bank that defaulted in 2000. The info stayed on my credit rating for the 6 years and cleared automatically last year. The bank (DCA) has now sent me a letter chasing this outstanding debt.

Am I still liable?? I thought it cleared after 6 years or is that just from your credit records?

Rachael ans phone seems to go through to Julie Kyle. (bit like MI5 all this).

They did not return my voicemail today and to think I stuck up for them the other day :-x. grrrr.

will keep trying. I have a day off tomorrow and all the time in word for phone calls etc.

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If you live in England or Wales, the Statute of Limitations on debt last for

six years from the last time the debt was acknowledged or from the last movement on the account.

if the default was the last recorded item on your account, then that part is

fine. However it may be that the bank or the DCA has written to you since the ccj was applied, and if you have responded, that may have been enough to restart the debt for another six years.

Usually the DCAs just push it, hoping that the debtor does not know of the

Law. If you are certain that you have had no contact with them in the last six years, and your credit file is clear, you can ignore them, but keeping

their letters as evidence of harassment.

If you wish to write to them, you must be careful pointing out that the debt

is unenforceable as you run the risk of acknowledging that there was a debt in the first place. Whatever you write, always start the letter by stating you "do not acknowledge any debt" and then saying something like "that debt

appears to be out of date, so you shouldn't be pursuing anyone for it".

My AQ is due on the 6th feb, I have phoned debbie at DG three times this week, keep getting her voicemail, have left messeages but still have'nt received any reply.

But what new i have had that response all the way through this claim they dont seem to want to talk to me

Hi

My AQ is due on the 4th Feb. Have phoned DG today, spoke to Debbie, who put me through to Rachels answering machine. From the trouble you guys have been having, don't think I'll bother to phone again, just going to file my AQ on Monday. Hope we all get our money soon:)